PDA

View Full Version : Guys and football

BardTard
10-09-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm talking to Serge right now and he said ALL guys love football. I was just wondering if this is true, or if there's any guys who don't watch football so I can let him know or something. So guys, what do you think about football?

Hawkeye
10-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Sure guys like football, but it's obvious some don't.

Well, I shouldn't say obvious, but it's illogical to say that all guys like football; that's like saying all guys are good at mechanics. I'm living proof that I can't even fix a bicycle tire. In short, it's illogical to say that all of group X likes Y. It's very possible some don't.

Personally, I think the NFL is a great sport. But I don't really care if you don't like it, though.

KentaRawr!
10-09-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't like football. It's so overrated. Unless you mean the one that actually has something to do with a foot. That one's awesome.

Mogi
10-09-2006, 06:59 AM
American Football in my oppinion, is ridiculously pointless.

Meat Puppet
10-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Hate it.

RiseToFall
10-09-2006, 07:03 AM
I like to play, but hate to watch, so where does that put me?

Khaotic
10-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I hate it.

Rainecloud
10-09-2006, 08:53 AM
I hate both types of football, English and American.

They bore me to death, and I hate the trouble/violence the games tend to cause - especially in England. I've heard of people getting crushed to death during riots at football matches, and people have been beaten up and even killed for supporting their chosen team. I'm not saying that football is the sole cause of this violence, but it certainly attributes to it.

Rusty
10-09-2006, 09:21 AM
All guys don't like football. But the majority of guys I do know enjoy it (Aussie Rules and Soccer that is). I don't know anyone over here that likes American football.

I'm a girl and I love football too! But yea, not the American footy.

Zeromus_X
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm a guy and I find Football (whether American Football or not) to be boring, as is the case with all sports. I don't understand what's so enthralling about it. But, the same could be said by people who don't understand why I enjoy my hobbies, so to each thier own.

Still, it's pretty retarded to automatically assume that all members of a certain group of people like something.

vorpal blade
10-09-2006, 10:36 AM
I am a guy and i really don't care about american football. I dislike the shape of their "ball," I dislike the hugeness of the uniforms, dislike the name because their feet barely do anything, and I just don't get it.

Real football (futbol, Fussball, soccer, etc) i do like, because it requires more agility and foot-eye coordination and the ball is a real ball. but people really need to settle down; they're just sports, no need to get as excited as they do.

Odaisé Gaelach
10-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Soccer: After we got thumped 5-2 by Cyprus... I really don't care about it anymore... :cry:

Levian
10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Watching football/soccer/any sport is boring, but I enjoy playing the sport myself.

Rocket Edge
10-09-2006, 11:38 AM
I said yes, because i call soccer football here. :)

DK
10-09-2006, 12:08 PM
I like cricket better.

~SapphireStar~
10-09-2006, 12:27 PM
I did like it when I was a kid. Then it kinda got dull for me. Was a big Man U fan.

PerpetualBurn
10-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Forever and Ever!
We'll follow our team,
Sheffield United,
We are supreme!
Oh we'll never be mastered, by those Wednesday bastards,
We'll keep the red flag, flying high!

Breine
10-09-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm a guy and I don't watch football or soccer. Handball is the way to go! :smash:

Reles
10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Ugh the football and sports talk in #eoff, I just don't understand anything, I feel so left out. :( I obviously don't watch any sort of sports, especially football, but I won't vote since I'm a woman.

McLovin'
10-09-2006, 05:03 PM
That is stereotypical.

I prefer basketball and soccer.

boys from the dwarf
10-09-2006, 05:07 PM
i dont hate it but i dont like it.

i dont like playing or watching it.

Ethanol Dreams
10-09-2006, 05:08 PM
I think it's kinda pointless, I mean they run around for hours trying to kick a ball into a net, not really my idea of fun. :) What I don't understand is why you don't get more points for hitting the posts, they're much smaller targets. :D

Yamaneko
10-09-2006, 05:23 PM
I love non-American football.

Cz
10-09-2006, 05:28 PM
I like both types of football, but association football in particular. I can understand why other people might dislike or even hate the sport, though. Certain aspects of football culture can be rather annoying, even for a fan.

RoxasLeonhart
10-09-2006, 05:37 PM
When I say this i speak 4 all the gutys in this world football is are time to relax and to laugh off are day and to make easy money by beting on are fav team.so rikku's lover i hope this answer your question.

Alive-Cat
10-09-2006, 05:56 PM
I've never met anyone who plays football. The guys who do in my school would want nothing to do with me! :(

Jowy
10-09-2006, 05:56 PM
I don't care for organized sports.

Peegee
10-09-2006, 05:57 PM
If you don't like football you probably like baseball.

I think baseball is hideously boring.

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Are you talking American <s>crap</s> football, or the proper stuff?

Either way, it sucks.

BustaMo
10-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Football is my thing. GOing to teh Dolphins and Jet's game on Sunday! Woo-Hoo! Miami sucks and the Jet's just got their butts handed to them! Should be a GREATT game. (sarcasm...)

Oh well, at least my San Diego Chargers, and Notre Dame Fighting Irish are having good years.

Venom
10-10-2006, 12:48 AM
I hate sports in general.

Behold the Void
10-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Definitely not a football fan. Unless it's Eyeshield 21, that's a special case that is somehow good despite the fact that it is about football.

I'm still trying to figure that out.

escobert
10-10-2006, 03:47 AM
American football is awsome :D

oddler
10-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't like football. It's so overrated. Unless you mean the one that actually has something to do with a foot. That one's awesome.

:)

Jess
10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Most of the guys I know love football, which is handy because so do I and not many girls I know like it!

Oh yeah, I'm talking proper football, too. :jess:

Iceglow
10-10-2006, 05:32 PM
hmm I hate football (soccer to you americans) with a reason for the hate, what the hell is so great about these players (some of whom could be out played by people I know I am sure) that means they derserve to be paid millions of pounds a year? What do they do other than kick a blood ball around that is soo hard? Geez ok there is some talent required but it's not like they can sit there and say it takes a PHD to play. Also they don't even manage to do what is in the job description... Football Player; Someone who plays Football either professionally or for fun, they PLAY FOOTBALL! ok so the last part shouldn't be in caps but heck my rant time here and none of you are escaping it! Since when did that job description which would say "you've gotta go training and then play this big game sat/sun" mention amateur dramatics, and punch ups? So what if he said your mother is a goat and your sister sleeps with dogs you play the game and settle that with a nice little law suit not your left foot in his balls. Footballers want my respect? Then maybe they ought to work for a normal wage packet (in the region of 6 - 8 quid an hour) and actually have to do the damn job or get fired!

Bart's Friend Milhouse
10-10-2006, 05:39 PM
I like soccer a lot but I tend to find club competition more interesting than international competition, and your friend is probably incorrect, not all guys LOVE football

Xander
10-10-2006, 05:46 PM
It's just like anything, some people like it, others don't, male or female (and okay mostly male :p) All of the guys I've ever been out with have pretty much hated football or even most of the guys I know. Except my friend Marc who has a Chelsea tattoo, it is like the most important thing in the world to him. I think he is maybe taking it a little too far, since there's nothing I like enough to have a permanant picture of it on my body. But hey. I don't like sports so I guess most of the guys I'm acquainted with don't either :p