PDA

View Full Version : SaGa Frontier anyone?

feioncastor
10-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Anyone else play a junkload of this game?

I know I did. My favorite scenario is T260's. It's the easiest, I think, because you can get some decent equip for T260G and make him way stronger than your enemies, fairly early on. *cough*Junkshopglitch*cough*

However, I liked all the other scenarios too. I mean, they all had interesting stories to them and it was sweet the way they intertwined. It's weird the way that you'll run into all 6 other characters while playing one of them.

I really think this is a well made game with an interesting advancement system. Considering there are different types of characters (Mecs, Monsters, Mystics, Humans), and they all grow differently. It was a cool idea to incorporate things like that into the gameplay. And if you've played a bit of this game, you'll be familiar with that feeling that you get when you are having someone attack, and all the sudden, the light bubls appear, and you realize they're doing some move you've never seen before! That feeling is so great!

So what did you all think of this game?

Jowy
10-09-2006, 04:14 PM
You can sell Hyperion Bazookas with anyone, not just T260G.

Emelia's story was the most fun. And Asellus' was just damn weird.

feioncastor
10-09-2006, 04:16 PM

Yes, you can, but T260 is the only one who never picks up Broken Bumpers, Junks and Repair Kits. He only gets the good stuff.

Ryushikaze
10-09-2006, 07:36 PM

Emelia's story was the most fun. And Asellus' was just damn weird.

Asselus's was only 1/3 complete, and was supposed to contain an arc or two more, cross over with Red's, etc. Lute's scenario was barely even touched.

Blue/Rouge's scenario had a few items omitted which help overall coherence, including what happened after his scenario ended (he opened a gate and left. Turns out the dying guy was full of it). Oh, and spoilers: Rouge canonically won that fight.

Even Emelia's scenario was truncuated, with a lot more planned.

It's a great game... I just want them to make a rerelease with all the scenarios complete.

theundeadhero
10-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I own the first and second Saga Frontier, and enjoy them both.

escobert
10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I own Saga frontier 1 & 2 and Romancing Saga, I love them all and in SF1 Lute was my favorite.

feioncastor
10-10-2006, 02:01 AM
SF2 wasn't that good, I thought. I mean, it was alright. That weird battle mode where you make your own combos was pretty neat. But it didn't hold up to SF1, I thought. That music in Koorong is just so jazzy!

black orb
10-10-2006, 03:49 AM
>>> I just played Saga Frontier 2, and I loved it..

escobert
10-10-2006, 09:49 AM
I lvoe 2s story, I mena yeah the game play/ battle system were kindfa straneg but the story was A+ imo. which is the reason I love the Saga games, I really need to get a hold of Unlimated Saga.