PDA

View Full Version : Proposition Rewards.

feioncastor
10-09-2006, 12:50 PM
I know the treasures and unexplored lands are from previous FF games, but there are many that I don't know.

I know that Calcobrena is from FF4 (the dolls in the dwarf castle) and I know a few others... Is there a list someplace detailing all the lands and treasures, and what game they're from? Places like "Ronkan Ruins". I've never heard of that.

10-10-2006, 12:45 AM
I don't know if there's a list, but the Ronkan ruins are probably ruins of the ancient city of Lonka from FFV. You know those crazy Japanese and their R/L thing.

vorpal blade
10-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Lonka? where do you get "Lonka?" Here's the unexplored lands list (in entirety)
Shrine of Chaos- FFI
Forbidden Land Eureka- FFIII
Pandemonium- FFII
Mirage Tower- FFI
Floating Castle- FFV
Matoya Cave- FFI
Crystal Tower- FFIV
Magic Continent- FFVI
Castle of Trials- FFI
Tower of babel- FFIV
Ronkan Ruins- FFV
Falgabird- FFIII
Magic Train- FFVI
Touzas Village- FFIII
Chocobo Forest- FFII,FFIV,FFVIII,FFIX
Semite Falls- FFII

Note: Due to the poor translation of FFT, some names may differ slightly.

Here are the treasures I've collected (incomplete list)
Adult's Bread- FFIII
Kid's bread- FFIII
Calcobrina- FFIV
Red/Black/Blue/White Materia- FFVII
Rat Tail- FFI
M Machinegun-FFVII
Minu Orb- Reference to character from FFII
Excalipar- FFV? FFVI?
Germonik Scriptures/ Zodiac Stones- FFT

The rest may not refer to a particular game that I am aware of.
Parasite Tree- ?
Longibunne Spear- ?
St. Elmo's Fire- ?
Tarot of Ben- ?
Magi-Sword- ?
M-Fiction Novel- ?
Diary of Nanai-?
Book of Enavia-?
Magical Gun- ?
Yurgeivogue- ?
Four Gods Set- ?
Statue of Lilys- ?
Beetle Charm- ?
Tobacco Pipe- ?
Zeni Sword- ?
Black Cat- ?
Malice Mask- ?
Parade Helmet- ?

10-10-2006, 11:05 AM
^^Not sure what translation you played, but in mine it's "Lonka" and not "Ronka." Hence my R/L explanation, had you bothered to read past the first sentence. It's ok, second sentances can be daunting.

BG-57
10-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Rat Tail- FFI

Also FFIX, as an auction house item.

Excalipar- FFV? FFVI?

One of Gigamesh's attacks in FFVIII

Four Gods Set- ?

Actually they are recognizable oriental gods: Seiryu the dragon, Byakko the white tiger, Genbu the tortoise, and Suzaku the pheonix.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Yurgeivogue- ?A horrid mistransliteration of "Lugeie Borg." This was Dr. Lugeie's true form in FFIV.

For whatever reason, there's also a reference to Lugeie Borg in FFTA, where it's Marche's gift for Mewt on Present Day.

Crossblades
10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Excalipar- FFV? FFVI?

Also one of the weapons you get in FF V

eestlinc
10-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Rat Tail- FFI

Also FFIX, as an auction house item.

Excalipar- FFV? FFVI?

both of those later examples are specific references to the original games, just like in tactics. also note that Tactics came out at basically the same time as ff7, so couldn't possibly reference 8 or 9.

vorpal blade
10-13-2006, 10:05 AM
^^Not sure what translation you played, but in mine it's "Lonka" and not "Ronka." Hence my R/L explanation, had you bothered to read past the first sentence. It's ok, second sentances can be daunting.

1. Yes, second sentences are indeed daunting, thrid sentences are hell, and i don't even bother with fourth sentences.

2. I played the version on FF Anthologies (American version). Which I'm pretty sure is the same as the SNES version. Which version did you play?

Yurgeivogue- ?
A horrid mistransliteration of "Lugeie Borg." This was Dr. Lugeie's true form in FFIV.

... wow... never woulda guessed...

Paul
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM

1. Yes, second sentences are indeed daunting, thrid sentences are hell, and i don't even bother with fourth sentences.

2. I played the version on FF Anthologies (American version). Which I'm pretty sure is the same as the SNES version. Which version did you play?

Yurgeivogue- ?
A horrid mistransliteration of "Lugeie Borg." This was Dr. Lugeie's true form in FFIV.

... wow... never woulda guessed...
i think he means in tactics it was translated as Lonka. tactics has a lot of minor translation errors.

also wasn't the rats tail also in FFIV?

Jowy
10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
The rat tail was in the Land of Summoned Monsters in FFIV, yes.

10-14-2006, 01:56 AM

I play it on a rom, I think it was fan-translated but I don't remember who specifically did the translation.

Paul
10-20-2006, 10:16 PM
so, you know on propositions, right? sometimes i send characters and they come back like "they could have given us a reward!" lets go... whatever"

does this mean i missed the item by sending the wrong jobs? or does it just mean i wouldn't have gotten one anyway? is it possible to complete a proposition without getting the treasure or discovering the unexplored land?

Jowy
10-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Sometimes you don't get jack squat, sometimes you get *ahem*

REWARD MONEY!

Seriously though, if you complete every proposition, you'll see all of the unexplored lands and get all of the treasures.

BG-57
10-21-2006, 01:50 AM
so, you know on propositions, right? sometimes i send characters and they come back like "they could have given us a reward!" lets go... whatever"

does this mean i missed the item by sending the wrong jobs? or does it just mean i wouldn't have gotten one anyway? is it possible to complete a proposition without getting the treasure or discovering the unexplored land?

There are specific jobs that can give Unexplored Lands (determined randomly), others that can give Rare Treasures (ditto), and others that only give Gil no matter how well you do. Any Proposition can fail so you can easily miss out on an Unexplored Lands or Rare Treasure.

The trick is to figure out which are which. Making things worse is the official strategy guide has several mistakes in it, among them some of the Proposition rewards.

Despotus and I collaborated on a definitive Proposition reward list. It will be eventually posted on the frontsite.