PDA

View Full Version : Reservoir Dogs

~SapphireStar~
10-09-2006, 03:07 PM
God I adore this film! I seen it when I was 11 and Ive loved it ever since. It was one of the first gangster movies I'd ever seen and my first Quentin Tarantino ones. My uncle told me to watch it and it was shown on Channel 4 and thats when I fell in love.

I became a fan of Quentin, Chris Penn, Steve Buscemi, Michael Madsen, Tim Roth and Harvey Keitel over night. The OST is also amazing and "Litte Green Bag" and "Stuck in the Middle with You" still make me smile. Everyone talks about the ear slicing scene as the best part. Yes it is good, but I personally think the stand off at the end is the best.

My room is just a Reservoir Dogs shrine, I have 3 massive posters on my halls room. It is one of my all-time fav films. And its funny how my friends from high school brought anything Reservoir Dogs related for me on borthdays!

Discuss this truly amazing film!

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs4/300W/i/2004/226/4/8/Reservoir_Dogs_characters.jpg
(Good work by BloodSplatteredBride at DA)

Skarr
10-09-2006, 03:48 PM
I haven't seen it yet. I've been trying to find the dvd or a channel showing it for a long time. One day I will though. One day. >_<;

Breine
10-09-2006, 04:04 PM
I dig it! This movie is really great, as all of the other Quentin Tarantino films (I'm a big fan of his) and the soundtrack is great.

I especially love the Madonna conversation in the cafe :cool: The dialogue is priceless, as one could only expect from Mr. Tarantino.

Rainecloud
10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
It's a movie I've always wanted to see.

I really should rent it sometime. =/

Dreddz
10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Probably overshadowed by Quentins other work, but still stands out in my eyes. Its a great movie, yee who hasnt watched it, must.

Rocket Edge
10-09-2006, 05:46 PM
A fantastic movie. It had exceptional performances by Steve Buscemi, Harvey Kietel, Tim Roth, and as you would expect with Tarantino, had some of the best dialogue you can experience in a movie.
Besides that, I actually thought the ear-slicing scene was one of the worst. :smash:
My favourite is a cross between: *spoilers*
(a) The scene where Mr. Pink discusses about tipping a waitress at the breakfast table. It was hilarious, i couldn't believe that an argument could be made over something so small.
(b) The scene where Mr. Pink & Mr. White are arguing about how Mr. White told Mr. Orange his name. "The kid was dieing in my arms, what the f*** was i supposed to do!!" - Brilliant.

~SapphireStar~
10-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I agree, the dialogue is amazing. The "Lets get a taco" part is great, got that poster on my wall. And Mr Blonde's "You gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?"

Rocket Edge
10-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah that was excellent. He was saying in an interview not so long ago that he had just went down to Wendy's or somewhere for lunch and got himself something to eat and just brought the soda on set, very random.

Another scene that i thought was hilarious, was the one where Joe was giving them all their names for the job. The argument he & Mr. Pink had with him had me laughing..

~SapphireStar~
10-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Another scene that i thought was hilarious, was the one where Joe was giving them all their names for the job. The argument he & Mr. Pink had with him had me laughing..
Oh god yeah! That is a brilliant bit. The film makes me smile cause of Mr White, that was my old surname, so it was cool just calling my dad Mr White! Tempted to change my name back to White, but I cant be bothered!

farplaner
10-10-2006, 05:13 AM
For you guys who haven't seen it, please make sure you see an un-edited version...censors kill movies...

The first thing that popped in my head after reading "Reservoir Dogs" is the dialogue (for obvious reasons, apparently). I think that's Tarantino's strongest asset. I also love the "tipping" convo. and the "Mr. Pink" convo- classic!

My favorite scenes in Pulp Fiction were those involving Vega and ....can't remember S. Jackson's character's name. :confused: :eek:

Anyway, I think Tarantino needs to get back to that kind of stuff as opposed to the Kill Bill movies.

escobert
10-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Awsome movie, everyone should see it!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-10-2006, 05:39 AM
OSTThe soundtrack isn't original.
My favorite scenes in Pulp Fiction were those involving Vega and ....can't remember S. Jackson's character's name. :confused: :eek:Jules Winnfield.

Nominus Experse
10-10-2006, 06:01 AM
All of Quentin's movies feature no original soundtrack, but that's just us being nit-picky...

I will say, however, that Tarentino does chose the music well, and they all become memorable.

As for Resevoior Dogs, I love it. The opening scene, the scene with Mr. Blonde saying the mentioned line of little doggy, and the scene with when Mr. Pink recieves his colour coded name. Tarentino is legendary for his memorable lines and interesting postmodernist fiolm style.

I find it interesting that his debut work is one of the best, and I also agree that he ought to come back to his roots rather then these Kill Bill things...

Kill Bill is great, but it seems that Quentin is capable of so very much more...

Raebus
10-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Kill Bill 2 featured a bit of his writing talent though, the superman story and how the little girl killed her pet, something like that.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Of course the quality of his writing is always there. The real difference is that gangsters and hitmen make for much more relatable scenarios than kung-fu samurai assassin women.

~SapphireStar~
10-10-2006, 06:08 PM
The soundtrack isn't original.
I just thought it was a good collection of music.

Bunny
10-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh god it just wouldn't end. I tried to like it, I really did. Just like I tried to like Pulp Fiction. I wanted to like them both. But they are just so boring.

One of the only reasons I made it through the entire movie was Steve Buscemi.

I don't like Tarantino.

~SapphireStar~
10-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Steve Buscemi helped make the film cool! He has some of the coolest dialogue in the movie.