PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario World: The Secret Levels.

Rainecloud
10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Did you ever unlock all 96 levels on this amazing SNES game?

It took me quite a while, with the Cheese Bridge/Soda Lake Star Road proving especially difficult to unlock. Also, some of the Forest of Illusion levels had me stumped (snigger) for quite some time.

Which levels did you have difficulty finding/unlocking?

Also, what are your opinions of this classic game?

Levian
10-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Ooh, excellent thread!

Yeah, I finally found them all last November flying to Thailand. I had trouble with getting to Soda Lake, obviously. The Top Secret level was pretty well hidden. And one of the levels inside the Bowser cliff thingie. It lead to a secret castle, and that's the one I found last. Damned level. :mad2:

Yamaneko
10-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm pretty sure I found them all too on the SNES. The Forest of Illusion levels were the hardest.

Roto13
The only one I had any trouble with was one in the last world. I don't remember which one, exactly.

Actually, I don't think I found the Top Secret Level on my own. I think someone showed it to me before I started playing the game on my own.

Sergeant Hartman
Star road is where it's at!

Jowy
10-09-2006, 05:58 PM
The only thing I had trouble with were the Forest of Illusion levels. Namely, Forest Ghost House, and Forest of Illusion 3.

Markus. D
10-09-2006, 06:03 PM
I had trouble unlocking the levels like Nebula and etc...

Crossblades
10-09-2006, 07:15 PM
I've unlocked all levels. Yes, it is an amazing game. It's not better than Super Mario Bros. 3 though;)

Rainecloud
10-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I remember being confused as to why I hadn't found all of the secret levels when I thought I'd unlocked them all. Then I realised that completing the Star Road levels without using the keyhole route counts as a completed level. Dratted game.

Strider
10-11-2006, 09:15 AM
One of my personal favorite acheivements of mine is finishing everything in Super Mario World in about six hours.

Yeah, it was pretty hardcore gaming.

ljkkjlcm9
10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
When I was younger I spent forever trying to get 100% only later to find it didn't go that high... stupid programmers

THE JACKEL

Rainecloud
10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
When I was younger I spent forever trying to get 100% only later to find it didn't go that high... stupid programmers

THE JACKAL

The number '96' on the title screen turns a different colour once you've found all the levels (or maybe that's just the European version), and the whole world turns into chocolate. Plus, all the Koopa Turtles get groovy Mario masks.

There aren't enough cool rewards for completing games these days.

ljkkjlcm9
10-11-2006, 02:04 PM

THE JACKAL

The number '96' on the title screen turns a different colour once you've found all the levels (or maybe that's just the European version), and the whole world turns into chocolate. Plus, all the Koopa Turtles get groovy Mario masks.

There aren't enough cool rewards for completing games these days.

I'm quite sure everything except the number changing color occurs when you change the season... whether you've beaten all the levels or not.

I was a kid and I didn't pay attention to the color of the number, I mean seriously.

THE JACKEL

Evastio
10-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Did you ever unlock all 96 levels on this amazing SNES game?
Yeah. :D

The Cheese Bridge Area (Secret Exit), Soda Lake, Valley of Bowser 2 (Secret Exit), and the Valley Fortress were the last 4 levels I found the exits to.

Del Murder
10-14-2006, 07:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I found them all too on the SNES. The Forest of Illusion levels were the hardest.
No way. Those damn 'Tubular', 'Super Awesome', etc levels were a pain.

I remember the one where you had to fly with a Yoshi under the thing and jump off him right before the pit (sacrifice :() to get to the secret finish line. I think it was in the bridge area.

Rainecloud
10-14-2006, 08:46 AM
No way. Those damn 'Tubular', 'Super Awesome', etc levels were a pain.

I remember the one where you had to fly with a Yoshi under the thing and jump off him right before the pit (sacrifice :() to get to the secret finish line. I think it was in the bridge area.

If that's the same level I'm thinking of, you don't actually have to sacrifice Yoshi at all. If you have a feather, you can fly right under the first finish line and float up to the second with your magic cape.

And, yes, those 'Wicked Awesome' levels were notoriously difficult, especially the one with the pipes, footballers and 'P' balloons. It was nigh impossible to float in the air whilst avoiding the red spikes the plants shoot out at you. Bad memories...

theundeadhero
10-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Only every time I play.

The screen doesn't change colors like that until after you've beaten all the levels in the NTCS version (why I first typed building here I don't know)

Yoshi isn't sacraficed if you use the flying one :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-14-2006, 12:31 PM
all 96 levelsThere are only 72 levels. The 96 comes from the number of exits.
The number '96' on the title screen turns a different colour once you've found all the levels (or maybe that's just the European version)In the American version, a star appears next the 96. And in the Japanese version, there's no indicator at all that 96 is the maximum.

I think the trickiest exit is in that Chocolate Island level that branches off several times, and which branch you take depends on how much time is left on the clock when you complete each segment. So you need either luck or skills to get precisely where you want to go.

Sephex
10-14-2006, 07:45 PM
I never found fining all exits to get a 96 all that hard. I totally rule at this Mario game. Needless to say, I have done this several times.

farplaner
10-15-2006, 02:54 AM
Great game! Yes that chocolate island spot was pain, figuring out how to get the different screens and exits. Also- the spot you mention Rainecloude. I used to get so pissed at that level! :lol: