PDA

View Full Version : You're not really this stupid, are you?

bipper
10-09-2006, 06:02 PM
I am simply currious as to how people potray themselves online (Specifically EoFF) and how it reflects on thier real life avatars!

Do you feel that your actions and opinions reflect your real life self? Or do you tend to be more outspoken, litterated, or slightly dumberer online vs offline.

Are you more introverted or extroverted online? (I have actually met people who find it harder to be an extrovert online.)

Just curious.

~SapphireStar~
10-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Im myself. I dont create another me online, Im just the same.
I have the same opinions on and offline.

Rocket Edge
I'm very much myself online. My avatar however is a bit of the opposite compared. :smash:

Jebus
I'm more extroverted online, but other than that, I'm pretty much the same as in real life.

Shauna
I think I'm a lot more extroverted online. I'm not as chatty in real life, especially not to people I've just started talking to, or even just met. xD

But, other than that, I don't think I that different.

Old Manus
10-09-2006, 06:05 PM
DeathKnight is actually a really cool dude.

bipper
10-09-2006, 06:06 PM
DeathKnight is actually a really cool dude.

I think Devil Man is a very over emotional female as well. Prolly hawt too.

Christmas
10-09-2006, 06:07 PM
DeathKnight SEPHIROTHISHERE is actually a really cool dude.

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
DeathKnight <s>SEPHIROTHISHERE</s> Rantzien is actually a really cool and hawt dude.

Fixed.

I couldn't say, as I don't really know myself that well.

Jowy
10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
For the most part, I'm introverted and somewhat quiet. I'm much more obnoxious and loveable offline.

Breine
10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
:monster: I'm basically just myself.

Yamaneko
10-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm not 0's and 1's offline.

XxSephirothxX
10-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm not really sure how to judge my online behavior, so I'm not quite sure how much it differs from the offline me. I don't put on a charade, though, so I don't imagine it's a remarkable difference.

bipper
10-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm not 0's and 1's offline.

r u all 0's offline?

Misfit
10-09-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm smarter offline, because in reality I'm a mad scientist who is going to take over the world in 3 years, 237 days, 801 hours, 9035 minutes and 1020321 seconds. PREPARE.

*Flexes*

Now I need to erase your memories... Brb.

RoxasLeonhart
10-09-2006, 06:24 PM
I am more out spoken on line Then off line cause i am a gamefreak so no 1 hardly talk to me.

Rye
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm pretty much the same online and offline, which probably shocks some people, but I'm rather silly online. :bigsmile:

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm more or less the same online or offline.

edczxcvbnm
10-09-2006, 07:39 PM
I think I act about the same but with better a better vocabulary...my spelling sucks that much ;_;

Seriously unserious.

Cz
10-09-2006, 07:42 PM
I fluctuate between being really outspoken and really quiet, both online and off. I suppose I must act slightly differently on the internet, but as far as I can tell my personality doesn't change when I go online.

Mogi
10-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Offline: Introverted, but around certain people I'mperfectly fine....

Online: Not introverted, but basically the same person....

Skarr
10-09-2006, 07:50 PM
There are some differences.

First off when when I go to court, that lady who writes everything doesn't spell like me. For example, when I say "Don't ask stupid ?uestons" she actually uses a Q. :whoa:

Then, I don't really look like Vicious.

Third, I'm way more obnoxious offline.

Jess
10-09-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty much the same, but I'd say I'm more interesting in person and don't just give straight answers all the time, like on here. :jess:

Evastio
10-09-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm more extroverted online.

Flying Mullet
10-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm much more immature and silly online than I am in real life. I have plenty of responsibilities and "adult" things to deal with in the real world, so I enjoy my time here to unwind and toss my cares on the wind.

bipper
10-09-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm much more immature and silly online than I am in real life. I have plenty of responsibilities and "adult" things to deal with in the real world, so I enjoy my time here to unwind and toss my cares on the wind.

I take our love srsly :(*

sephirothishere
10-09-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm more extroverted online, but other than that, I'm pretty much the same as in real life.

...kinda...i suppose....im kinda more shy offline...im jus as cool...if not cooler.......

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I have plenty of responsibilities and "adult" things to deal with in the real world, so I enjoy my time here to unwind and toss <s>my cares on the wind.</s>

That's disgusting. :bigsmile:

...kinda...i suppose....im kinda more shy offline...im jus as cool...if not cooler.......

Mhmm....

EDIT: OMG! CHECK THE POST TIMES OF ME AND FOA. (I'm easily excited...)

fire_of_avalon
10-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I fluctuate between being really outspoken and really quiet, both online and off. I suppose I must act slightly differently on the internet, but as far as I can tell my personality doesn't change when I go online.
we am we.

Flying Mullet
10-09-2006, 08:05 PM

I take our love srsly :(*
But of course sugar-dumplings. :love:

Miriel
10-09-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm sillier offline. (And cuter. :p)

Vikeve
10-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm basicaly the same if not I would say I'm more shy online then off.

Cuz most people here don't know me so a lot of the times people don't know when im joking then they take what i say seriously and things get all weird. So ive learned to keep some things to myself when talking online. Plus I can't type as fast as I think so I don't ramble as much as I do in real life.

And as for my avy I think it portrays me very well considering that I AM Cheif pelipper online and off. Except I don't smoke.

BardTard
10-09-2006, 08:28 PM
I am more extroverted online because I feel more comfortable talking to strangers rather than people I know. I know I'll never meet them so I don't care if I'll talk to them. :D Yeah, strange. (my brain works in odd ways) In real life, I'm REALLY introverted... like Squall. Except I act like Rikku sometimes... :confused: But other than that, I act the same... I think... And I picked Edea for my avatar because I'm super bipolar, I thought it would be pretty fitting. Like one minute I want to destroy everything and burn everything and stab someone with an icicle and the next minute I'm peaceful and loving and looking out for my friends in a motherly way. Yeah, I scare myself. Plus Edea wears my favorite colors. :D

escobert
10-09-2006, 09:19 PM
I seem to be dumber online :D

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
10-09-2006, 09:24 PM
I am simply currious as to how people potray themselves online (Specifically EoFF) and how it reflects on thier real life avatars!

Do you feel that your actions and opinions reflect your real life self? Or do you tend to be more outspoken, litterated, or slightly dumberer online vs offline.

Are you more introverted or extroverted online? (I have actually met people who find it harder to be an extrovert online.)

Just curious.

I´m afraid that i am as stupid in here as i am offline:(

Alive-Cat
10-09-2006, 09:30 PM
I used to be such a nice boy. :(

Pete for President
10-09-2006, 09:44 PM
I tend to be more serious online.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
10-09-2006, 09:48 PM
if i acted like I do in the real life on EoFF i would've been banned within 5 minutes of joining, thats all im gonna say, i dont feel like goin into detail.

rubah
10-09-2006, 09:53 PM
I learned to behave from my online persona.

Rantz
10-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Fixed.
:love:

Decessus
10-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Online, I'm utterly loathed by everyone, but offline, I'm utterly loathed by everyone. :D

Loony BoB
10-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I've been told I'm very similar online and off.

Nominus Experse
10-09-2006, 10:34 PM
I am the same, whatever that happens to be.

I have found it best to have others describe oneself than have it be you - it's usually more held to the truth in the sense of demeanor and appearence.

Auragaea
10-09-2006, 10:36 PM
None of you can hear my bad accent when I talk so I'm much more talkative and expressive online (which translates to bitchy).

Hawkeye
10-09-2006, 10:44 PM
The only thing I really do online is just talk about religion. I do the same offline too. But about half of my studies are online, and the other half is books.

My personality on EoFF was shown really good like last year with user notes; now just because I don't care, I'm pretty straightforward. Offline I'm sometimes the same.

Kyri
10-09-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm the same online and offline. I'm just a little more shy offline.

Faris
10-09-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm probably more extroverted online.

kikimm
10-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh I'm just as stupid, I assure you.

Xander
10-09-2006, 11:19 PM
This is just me typing..... I could type anything....anyone could so uhhh.... I dunno. I jsut think it's different. This is not me as a person but it's not some other "online" person. It's simply me typing. I guess what I'm trying to say is I dont think I have some online personality. This is just my thoughts, whereas real life = all of me :D

Anaisa
10-09-2006, 11:29 PM
I'd say I was the same, because it's true. Although obviously there are some things I can't get away with saying here, so I'm myself, but slightly censored.

Mirage
10-10-2006, 02:51 AM
The only difference is that I'm more extroverted online.

Araciel
10-10-2006, 02:56 AM
i would say i try not to change my personality at all, but IRL i tend to be a lot more hot-headed and less-zen than online, as here i have more a chance to relax and look at different angles of a situation. i tend to be moderately less outgoing on the weeb because i don't always feel as though i have a lot in common with the community, though here i OBVIOUSLY do

as for intelligence...i would say i present an equal intelligence, or lack thereof, in cyberspace

Tavrobel
10-10-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm three times as arrogant, severes, and condescending offline than I am on.

Fortunately, I'm also five times as smart.

However, I'm also 100% sure that I couldn't really care less in either situation.

Shiny
10-10-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm outspoken online and off. Also, I am an introverted person in that I like to associate myself with smaller groups of people, but I tend to be extroverted only on this forum. On other forums, I'm introverted. Though, my stupidity has no bounds.

Agent Proto
10-10-2006, 03:18 AM
I've asked a friend to describe my personality. I was told that I'm a general nice guy, both on and offline. It's hard for someone to get to know me. If I can trust you, I may open up. So in both sense, I am the same person as I am online in person, except that I am more quiet in person, and tougher to get to know in person. I can be silly both ways, and I find it easier to express my silliness online than it is in person.

Reles
10-10-2006, 04:11 AM
I think if you know me in person really well, I tend to talk more than what I would online. On the otherhand, if you're a stranger or we're slightly acquainted I am so so so so quiet it's not funny. Online I'm not an extrovert but I'm not introverted either, unless if I've had a lot of sugar and go through laughing fits...which happens a lot.

Dr Unne
10-10-2006, 04:52 AM
I'm unaware of how people see me, online or offline.

Sephex
10-10-2006, 05:32 AM
I pretty much act and talk the same.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-10-2006, 05:54 AM

I'm pretty much the same, but I'd say I'm more interesting in person and don't just give straight answers all the time, like on here. :jess:

Pretty much. But for me, I am pretty much the same. Sometimes I am really hyper and act like it online, sometimes I am serious and act like it online. Yeah.

So, to answer your question. Yes, I really am this stupid. Thank you.

Quindiana Jones
10-10-2006, 06:19 PM
I can at least pretend that Rantzien hasn't stolen my underwear online, but offline, we all know that he's got them in his mouth. :love:

Rosenti
10-10-2006, 06:39 PM
i tend to say more thing online, be able to speak my mind better. Since there is nobody stopping me lol