PDA

View Full Version : DS Hot list?

NINJA_Ryu
10-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Im in a current bind of getting new DS games, i have NSSB, and AC WW, but i wanted to hear your views of what games you want that are coming out in the next few months, or what games you personally have enjoyed immensely. Or do both if you want ^ ^

As for me, i want FF III, V, and VI when they come out!

Rase
10-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Coming out
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Is this being released on December 5th still? I remember hearing that a while ago, but I've heard some rumblings of Fall '07 recently.)
Final Fantasy III
Heros of Mana
The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Children of Mana
Yoshi's Island 2
Kirby Squeak Squad

Games I like that are out now
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

Shlup
10-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Super Princess Peach!!

Jowy
10-10-2006, 01:02 AM
I plan on pickup up Portrait of Ruin, Magical Starsign, Contact, and Elite Beat Agents before the year's up.

In terms of existing games, I want Advance Wars and Phoenix Wright.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Out
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Kirby Canvas Curse
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
New Super Mario Bros.
Coming
Contact
Children of Mana
Elite Beat Agents
Magical Starsign
Final Fantasy III
Yoshi's Island 2
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Kirby Squeak Squad
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All: Is This Title Long Enough
Heroes of Mana

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Is this being released on December 5th still? I remember hearing that a while ago, but I've heard some rumblings of Fall '07 recently.)Igarashi stated at TGS that the game is more or less finished, so December it is.

ValkyrieWing
10-10-2006, 07:18 AM
:)

Trauma Center. If you can find it.

vorpal blade
10-10-2006, 09:12 AM
I need:
FFIII
castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Curse of Ruin
Brain Age
A Nintendo DS.

But funds are a bit... nonexistant.

Dreddz
10-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Bleach DS
Tetris DS

Nifleheim7
10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
FFIII
Zelda:Phantom Hourglass
and
FFXII:Revenant Wings much later

But i still haven't bought a DS:(

JKTrix
10-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Jump! Superstars (or the upcoming Jump! Ultimate Stars) if you're into Smash Bros type fighting games with manganime characters you may know, plust everything Kawaii Ryűkishi mentioned.

I bumped shoulders with IGA at TGS, it was cool. He was with a lady and a kid though, so I quelled the geek-out.

escobert
10-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Children of Mana
Heros of Mana
FFIII
mario cart

ljkkjlcm9
10-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I have 3 DS games I must get this year

DS
Magical Starsign 10/24
Children of Mana 10/31
FF:III 11/14

This Heroes of Mana isn't coming anytime soon to me in the US

What I have:
Advance Wars DS (awesome)
Age of Empires
Meteos
Megaman ZX (awesome)
Megaman BN 5 Double team
Starfox Command (awesome)
Super Mario 64 DS
Lost Magic
Mario Kart DS
Mario + Luigi
Metroid Prime Hunters
Brain Age

So yeah, I look forward to finally getting some good RPGs for my DS!

THE JACKEL

Rainecloud
10-10-2006, 01:36 PM
* New Super Mario Bros
* Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (out TBC)
* Sonic Rush
* Mario Kart DS
* Yoshi's Island DS (out Dec)

That's my personal "Hotlist".

Xander
10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Pokemon Ranger and Harvest Moon DS and Phantom Hourglass and Elite Beat Agents :D I look forward to. I'm bored of my current games ;__; mario is boring. xD

Crossblades
10-10-2006, 01:50 PM
FF III
FF XII RW
Star Fox Command
Yoshi's Island 2
Heroes of Mana

Rainecloud
10-10-2006, 03:10 PM
...mario is boring. xD

My pointer is now hovering over the link that says "add Xander to your ignore list".

;)

Roto13
10-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Kirby Canvas Curse was the first DS game I fell in love with.

Meteos > Lumines

DK
10-10-2006, 05:10 PM
I want to get Mario Hoops, although I should have that soon. Proto showed me a site that is apparantly importing Phoenix Wright 2 from Japan and it has the option to choose whether the language is Japanese or English, but i'm skeptical about that. If it IS possible, though, it'll take precidence over everything else.

JKTrix
10-10-2006, 05:22 PM
The previous Phoenix Wright for DS in Japan had english language option as well, though I haven't experienced it myself. I'll be ordering the 2nd one from Play-Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-1iyq.html), so I'm looking forward to that.

Mario Hoops: I tried it, not so hot. It's average at best. Squenix found its groove with RPGs, it should stick with those. (For those who don't know, Square-Enix developed Mario Hoops for the DS. They're doing a Pokemon thing for Cel phones as well.)

From the makers of Lumines/Meteos etc, there's a new puzzler coming for the DS and PSP: Gunpey. The DS and PSP versions have different features, but one of the DS's features is most appealing to me. Something to do with having a music mixer, and the other point of not having to lug a PSP around to play it.

DK
10-10-2006, 06:32 PM
play-asia was where I was going to order it from too, so if it's legit, let us know and I will love you forever.

~SapphireStar~
10-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Final Fantasy 3 all the way my friend!
You wont go wrong!

Sylvie
10-10-2006, 10:25 PM
The previous Phoenix Wright for DS in Japan had english language option as well, though I haven't experienced it myself. I'll be ordering the 2nd one from Play-Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-1iyq.html), so I'm looking forward to that.

Mario Hoops: I tried it, not so hot. It's average at best. Squenix found its groove with RPGs, it should stick with those. (For those who don't know, Square-Enix developed Mario Hoops for the DS. They're doing a Pokemon thing for Cel phones as well.)

From the makers of Lumines/Meteos etc, there's a new puzzler coming for the DS and PSP: Gunpey. The DS and PSP versions have different features, but one of the DS's features is most appealing to me. Something to do with having a music mixer, and the other point of not having to lug a PSP around to play it.
Since you have been/are in Japan, you must have a lot of knowledge with the upcoming games. That kicks ass. :D

XxSephirothxX
10-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Magical Starsign
Final Fantasy III

Unless they get absolutely slammed by reviewers, which is unlikely, I'll probably be picking all of these up. There are other games I'd like, of course, but these are the only three coming out in the near future I'm looking forward to. I'm not so sure about the Mana games yet. I'll probably give in and buy them, too.

Roto13
10-10-2006, 11:32 PM

Since you have been/are in Japan, you must have a lot of knowledge with the upcoming games. That kicks ass. :D

No, he knows a lot about upcoming games because he lives on joystiq and kotaku. :P

NeoCracker
10-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Pheonix Wright is awsome. It is the best DS out now. Possibly to be surpassed by LoZ: Phantom Hourglas or Children of Mana.

Shlup
10-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Super Princess Peach!!!

NINJA_Ryu
10-11-2006, 04:05 AM
The one thing is about Phoenix Wright though, is that it is basically nonexsistant where i live! sad..... i might have to ebay it...

but sweet recommendations, keep it up!

eestlinc
10-11-2006, 04:10 AM
these new games that sound good better be good because DS doesn't have very many good games right now and I feel like it was a waste. Although Castlevania was probably worth it by itself.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-11-2006, 04:12 AM
these new games that sound good better be good because DS doesn't have very many good games right now and I feel like it was a waste.Do you... Do you like video games?

Del Murder
10-11-2006, 04:32 AM
If anything DS has too many good games. I don't have enough time to play them all. :(

eestlinc
10-11-2006, 04:37 AM
well, the games I see at stores always look crappy. stuff like nintendogs and sudoku games and stuff. and kiddy games. I loved Castlevania and New SMB. Tetris would probably be fun too. But I keep going to the store planning to spend $30 on a game and not being able to find a single game that interests me.

I also don't like Mario Kart games.

Out
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Kirby Canvas Curse
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
New Super Mario Bros.

you list six games. I have Castlevania and New SMB, which are great. I have never even heard of Osu. Partners in Time I would buy but I have never seen in a store. Kirby games are not my favorite, although I might give it a try. Phoenix Wright seems interesting but not enough to buy it.

JKTrix
10-11-2006, 04:38 AM
What's the problem with 'Kiddy' games?

Two awesome games with 'Kiddy' design: Advance Wars Dual Strike, and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. You may not know about Rocket Slime, but you can't pass over Advance Wars (or most Nintendo games for that matter) just because they look kiddy.

Edit: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is an import game from Japan. There's a modified/westernized version of it coming out this year called 'Elite Beat Agents'. Another thing for the DS is the games you can import from Japan. If you like Smash Brothers, there's Jump! Superstars like I mentioned before, and if you like music games there's 'Daigasso Band Brothers'--which is probably one of my favourite games of all time.

eestlinc
10-11-2006, 04:39 AM
advance wars has horrible gameplay and controls, though.

JKTrix
10-11-2006, 04:43 AM
Err... wot?

Jowy
10-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Electroplankton's a fun little time-killer, Resident Evil DS is a surprisingly well done remake, and unless you have no soul whatsoever, Rocket Slime is quite enjoyable.

also Advance Wars is love. <3

Yamaneko
10-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Yes, I can't believe what I'm hearing either. DS is awesome.

Animal Crossing is good too.

eestlinc
10-11-2006, 04:48 AM
to be fair, i am pretty picky about the games I like these days. but i'm pretty excited about the upcoming FF, zelda, and mana games coming.

JKTrix
10-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Here's the info for Gunpey that I mentioned earlier, coming for PSP and DS, both with different features aside from the same basic gameplay.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3152362

Conversely, you can buy a Wonderswan and get the original game.

NINJA_Ryu
10-11-2006, 04:52 AM
What's the problem with 'Kiddy' games?

Two awesome games with 'Kiddy' design: Advance Wars Dual Strike, and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. You may not know about Rocket Slime, but you can't pass over Advance Wars (or most Nintendo games for that matter) just because they look kiddy.

Edit: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is an import game from Japan. There's a modified/westernized version of it coming out this year called 'Elite Beat Agents'. Another thing for the DS is the games you can import from Japan. If you like Smash Brothers, there's Jump! Superstars like I mentioned before, and if you like music games there's 'Daigasso Band Brothers'--which is probably one of my favourite games of all time.

hmm, tell me more about thhandheld Super smash bro

JKTrix
10-11-2006, 05:04 AM
The game is called Jump! Superstars. I made a pretty big post gushing about it a couple of months ago, but nobody cared. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=90569)

Fore more info/images/etc:
Official Site (Japanese) (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ajsj/)
Wikipedia entry (English) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_Super_Stars)

Gamefaqs has...FAQs... and IGN even did a guide (http://guides.ign.com/guides/706897/index.html) for the game.

Buy the game (Now) (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-eud.html) OR wait for the sequel that comes out in Japan at the end of next month (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-9g-49-en-15-jump-84-j-70-1d3q-43-8s.html), which will have more characters *and* WiFi.

NINJA_Ryu
10-11-2006, 05:14 AM
Ah, I got my DS about a month ago, and i feel pretty embaressed for missin the game.....I really want it now!!!!

JKTrix
10-11-2006, 05:31 AM
You didn't 'miss' it, it's never coming out in english. If you don't have a rel life store than will import it for you, I provided a link in that post to where you can buy (ot preorder) either game.

Saku
10-11-2006, 01:17 PM
advance wars has horrible gameplay and controls, though.

*GASP* How can you say that? Adavance Wars is awesome! All it takes is a little strategy and some sense of humour. I've played every installment of Advance Wars, and the DS game is far and away much better then all the others.

DK
10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Phoenix Wright is one of the best games to come out on any console, let alone the GBA/DS.

I quite enjoyed Lost in Blue, too. Even if the girl was dumb sometimes.

JKTrix
10-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Box Art for Jump Ultimate Stars

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/Raspinudo/PA.jpg

Details on the manga and characters included here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_Ultimate_Stars

Dreddz
10-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Box Art for Jump Ultimate Stars

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/Raspinudo/PA.jpg

Details on the manga and characters included here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_Ultimate_Stars

That game looks intresting, Ill be looking into this one.

edczxcvbnm
10-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Games worth getting?

Bleach DS2
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
One of the Mana games. I have this suspision that one will rule and the other will suck.

That is all. This list is final and absolute.

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 10:36 PM
I quite enjoyed Lost in Blue, too. Even if the girl was dumb sometimes.
She drove me nuts, I regret getting rid of the game, but I sadly no longer have a DS.

NINJA_Ryu
10-17-2006, 05:23 AM
sinner.....but i must admit, i picked up rocket slime, and it wont let me stop slingshotting across Slimeinia!!!

Its like pokemon, in the fact that its simple, rewarding, yet not so bogged down and serious. More like a tongue in cheeck with it and other games like Chrono Twigger.

That made me laugh a good long laugh...

Cruise Control
10-17-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm an unemployed piece of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, so I have no DS games, hence my Solo Marche challenge.

Polnareff
10-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (still has the best usage of the touch screen IMO)
Megaman ZX (Great Metroidvania-type gameplay, hard as hell)
Sonic Rush (only if you are a Sonic fan)
Either of the Phoenix Wright games (the second one comes out here soon)
Final Fantasy III