PDA

View Full Version : Life After The Wii?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-10-2006, 07:09 AM
I was wondering after the Wii's life cycle comes to an end where does Nintendo go from here?...I mean the Wii might be the ultimate console because it has nearly everything except for a CD and DVD player.(But who cares about that?)

There's news and weather forecast channels you could read headlines about current events or find out what the weather is going to be like without watching KARE 11 or the Today show.

(By the way those two local tv shows that I mentioned are horrible there's nothing worse than when a news broadcast tries to be entertaining.:rolleyes2)

There's an internet channel you could surf the web without using a computer with internet connection...There's a photo channel you could view digital pictures.

There's a virtual console channel you can download retro game titles like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World.:bigsmile:(Who needs Gametap anyway?:laugh:)

Unlike the X-Box 360 the Wii is backwards compatible with the GameCube. And the Wii controller is more accessible to non gamers.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-10-2006, 07:20 AM
As great as the control scheme appears to be, I'm sure there will be room for refinement. And there's always the matter of better grafxxx.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Now that I think about it besides better graphics and a refined control scheme Nintendo could add a CD/DVD player...But does anybody watch movies or listen to music on their video game console besides me?

Rainecloud
10-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Some sort of mysterious add-on will be released, no doubt.

You know, like the Mega CD, 64DD, etc. :D

JKTrix
10-10-2006, 12:28 PM
The Wii isn't even out yet and you're already worrying about what's next? Impatience!

Who knows what they'll do. If Wii is successful, they'll probably have similar and enhanced functionality in the next one, plus all the technological doodads to actually compete with the power-packed PS4 and NeXtBoX. Perhaps it'll be a super docking station for the Gameboy Evolution, where you can project holographic Pokemon from "Pokemon 7" into your living room, and even touch them and junk.

Nintendo=magic

ljkkjlcm9
10-10-2006, 12:46 PM
MP3 playback on the Wii (http://www.planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=12217)

Anyways, I'm sure there is a big future for Nintendo, it's just a matter of what direction they themselves decide to go. I mean, what will the next portable system be?

THE JACKEL

aerithsloveslave
10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Now that I think about it besides better graphics and a refined control scheme Nintendo could add a CD/DVD player...But does anybody watch movies or listen to music on their video game console besides me?

Um... isn't there already going to be an add-on for that?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-10-2006, 04:18 PM
The Wii isn't even out yet and you're already worrying about what's next? Impatience!

Who knows what they'll do. If Wii is successful, they'll probably have similar and enhanced functionality in the next one, plus all the technological doodads to actually compete with the power-packed PS4 and NeXtBoX. Perhaps it'll be a super docking station for the Gameboy Evolution, where you can project holographic Pokemon from "Pokemon 7" into your living room, and even touch them and junk.

Nintendo=magic

Why not at E3 Final Fantasy XII wasn't even out yet and Sony already showed a trailer of Final Fantasy XIII.:) I don't know if there's an add on for a CD/DVD player but even if there is an add on Wikipedia doesn't have any information about it.

Roto13
10-10-2006, 04:39 PM
GAmes aren't the same as consoles, silly boy. :P

Captain Maxx Power
10-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Probably more movement based, uncomfortable to hold and get your head around controllers, and another console coming out at the same time that everyone bashes simply because it's cool and the done thing despite the fact that the other company happened to be involved with the boon of computer games as they stand today, and as such said original console that everyone loves wouldn't even have been made if it hadn't been for that.

Yeah, I hate the Wii now, just because everyone else likes it. I'm a jerk like that.

JKTrix
10-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Why not at E3 Final Fantasy XII wasn't even out yet and Sony already showed a trailer of Final Fantasy XIII.:) I don't know if there's an add on for a CD/DVD player but even if there is an add on Wikipedia doesn't have any information about it.

I was going to mention that, but it wasn't entirely relevant to the topic. I thought it was a little silly for them to 'reveal' FF13 so soon, with FF12 not even out in the US at the time. Then again, FF12 has been out in Japan for a while, and FF is obviously a system seller for the PS3 so maybe Sony really wanted them to show something. I'm glad they didn't have anything more than a new trailer at TGS, it really would not have been wise for them to be building hype for the next game when the predecessor isn't even released yet.

Drift
10-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Life after the wii for us = one arm stronger than the other

Raebus
10-10-2006, 08:28 PM

About a weeks worth of alot of time with you and your hand then.

New innovations will pop up, new adds ons and improvements will be made, I don't worry about it.

JKTrix
10-10-2006, 08:37 PM

Some people should already be experiencing this so it might not be so much of a change, unless they have been distributing their wii strokes among both hands.

/PG13

~SapphireStar~
10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
New innovations will pop up, new adds ons and improvements will be made, I don't worry about it.