PDA

View Full Version : Dental Appointments

Ethanol Dreams
10-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I had to go to the dentists today, I thought it was a normal check-up, but oh no, it was much worse... :(
I ended up having to get 2 teeth pulled out! :eek:
It didn't really hurt but now my mouth feels all funny and I can't eat for ages... :cry:
Weird thing is, I'd just had lunch before I went and I wasn't hungry, but as soon as I was told I couldn't eat, I became hungry again! :mad:
What do you think about dentists?

Hehe, attack of the blue smilies!

Edit: There asn't actually anything wrong with my teeth apart from the fact that they had been loose for like a year and apparently they would have ended up damaging my adult teeth if they weren't removed.

Jowy
10-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I always liked going to the dentist. I've only had one cavity, and the teeth cleaning feels spiffy. Having your wisdom teeth removed is a whole other story though.

Miriel
10-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Your adult teeth? xD

I've had a total of 6 teeth pulled out. Isn't that nuts? I think it's nuts. 4 when I had braces and 2 of my wisdom teeth.

Ethanol Dreams
10-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Your adult teeth? xD

Hehe, yeah. I'm 13 and some of them still haven't grown in! :(

yunacy
10-10-2006, 04:03 PM
i like the dentist i have never had a cavity and plus free lolipops

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-10-2006, 04:04 PM
I've only had one tooth pulled out but I've had too many fillings.. :(
(way too much sugar I suppose...) but I hate my dentist... he has a really thick french accent and I can't understand a thing... which sucks when he's about to stick a neddle in your mouth... not much of a reason to hate him I guess...but he annoys me like hell... I suppose it's not his fault, though.

Levian
10-10-2006, 04:08 PM
They gassed me and pulled out 4 of my teeth. Dentists are horrible people and they enjoy to inflict pain.

Rainecloud
10-10-2006, 04:10 PM
I didn't bother about the dentist when I was younger. Unfortunately, I had a bad experience when I was eight years old that changed my outlook somewhat. The dentist (who had only just graduated) accidentally overdosed me with anaesthetic and pulled four of my teeth out in one appointment. The teeth weren't rotten; apparently, they had to be removed in order to make room for my adult teeth.

Anyway, I was very sick for quite a few weeks after that, and I've been incredibly nervous and frightened of the dentist ever since. Our new dentist is very good, but I still can't shake off the bad experiences with the old one. =/

Ethanol Dreams
10-10-2006, 04:12 PM

What kind of dentist gives out free lollipops!? :p

They gassed me and pulled out 4 of my teeth. Dentists are horrible people and they enjoy to inflict pain.

Oh dear, I'm going to my cousins wedding soon, and she's a dentist. There's gonna be hundreds of them, including mine! :eek:

Misfit
10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
I've had a total of 6 teeth pulled out. Isn't that nuts? I think it's nuts.
I've had 8. ;D 4 when I had braces and all 4 of my wisdom teeth.

Anyways, I hate the dentists. >:( Just 'cause I hate going. They always have to jab your gums with tiny sharp metal pointy SWORDS then ask "omg lol does that hurt? ^_^"

theundeadhero
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
When they pulled my wisdom tooth I didn't feel a thing when they shot me up with gum-number, no pain when they pulled my tooth, and then it never even hurt after the feel good wore off. I never even needed the perkaset they gave me.

Xander
10-10-2006, 04:24 PM
I like it now! I love fillings and injections, hehe, that numb feeling is so fun. xD But pulling my teeth out...I dunno...scared if I ever have to have that done still =/ I miss the penguins on the ceiling they had at my old dentist..... better having something to look at. Although my dentist is kinda cute so... xD

Shlup
10-10-2006, 04:34 PM
I liked getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Happy gas, yay!

Rosenti
10-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Hate Hate HATE!!

the light in my eyes, aah! thats worse. Then theres the weird tube they put in your mouth and try drown you in some water liquid.
Good thing is, ive never ever had a hole or had to get teeth pulled out. I have beautiful teeth.. MMM! quite amazin since i eat so much junk heheh..

Miriel
10-10-2006, 04:49 PM
I liked getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Happy gas, yay!

I didn't get any happy gas. :(

Breine
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
I don't care about going to the dentist. My dentists are nice - we often just chit-chat and stuff :) I'm switching dentist now, though, so we'll see how I feel about dentists after seeing him for the first time.

I've had only one tooth pooled out and that was because I had a tooth ache, and as far as I remember I didn't even get gassed :mad2: I've always wanted to try that!
I dread the day I'm going to have my wisdom teeth removed. I heard it was quite unpleasant.

Rosenti
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
ive never tried happy gas, when im older im gonna buy some tank of it, and spend my afternoon getting high on weed, drunk and happy gas.. heheheheh jus wanna try that once.. then im happy..

wait.. do you have to get your wisdom teeth pulled out? please god no! nottins wrong wit mine! nottin!! aaahhh!

yunacy
10-10-2006, 05:03 PM

What kind of dentist gives out free lollipops!? :p

crazy ones (mine):p

Cz
10-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I've never found any of my dental appointments to be painful, but my old dentist used to be a jerk, so I didn't like going for that reason. My current dentist is a nice guy, though, and since I take care of my teeth I don't have much to worry about when I go for a check-up.

Captain Maxx Power
10-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't know about Dental Appointments, but I do know I've had some Dental Dissapointments in the past! Guffaw, guffaw, guffaw!

Misfit
10-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Who the hell enjoys going to the dentist? Weirdos. ;D

Iceglow
10-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Since having my upper jaw shattered and losing the two incisor teeth I haven't hated or feared the dentist, before then I hated it but was never afraid of them. Since then I have gotten a good rappor with all the dentists and nurses at my local surgery and have recieved the two fillings I have needed without having my teeth numbed first.

Yamaneko
10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Don't get me started on dentists.

Happy gas is good.

Jess
10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
I really don't mind the dentist. :jess:

Polaris
10-10-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm upseting my parents top take me to the dentist to take some caries! :mad: they are not listening me!

Spiffing Cheese
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
I used to be terrified of the dentist when I was a little kid, but I'm fine with it now. The worst dentist trips I've had were two appointments with two teeth pulled out at each, for my braces. Horrible. ;___;

Trips to the orthodontist, however, I can't stand, because they hurt. It's so nice to know I'll never have to have any braces on my teeth tightened again. :love:

~SapphireStar~
10-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Im bad, havent been to the dentist since I was in high school and that was to have my braces removed! Should really make an appointment when I get a moment.

Drift
10-10-2006, 08:24 PM
my teeth are slightly crooked only cause i sometimes dont wear my retainer

Ashi
10-10-2006, 09:30 PM
I dislike going to the dentist. My previous dentists didn't really care about how some of my teeth are sensitive and having something cold near them is very difficult to handle. My current dentist is really good and is really careful about not causing the patient any pains and discomfort. I've never had a dentist that told me to tell them to stop if I'm uncomfortable before this. Yet, I still try not to go unless I really need to because my previous experiences with dentists have not been comletely forgotten.

Actually, teeth being pulled out is the least thing that worries me. And in most cases I don't even feel a thing. It's the drilling and the suction and the water over sensitive teeth drives me nuts.

Psychotic
10-10-2006, 11:37 PM
I've had to had four teeth pulled due to overcrowding, two child and two adult. I've also had a filling, and I'm pretty certain I'm going to have to have one in February too.

I'm convinced all dentists are sadists.

Yamaneko
10-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Try six fillings in a three weeks period. My mouth is numb twice a week. Friday I go in for deep cleaning on the left side of my mouth and two fillings. :(

black orb
10-10-2006, 11:41 PM
>>> I got all my teeth fixed when I was a kid.. No need for dentists anymore..

nik0tine
10-10-2006, 11:44 PM
I just came back from the orthodontist.