PDA

View Full Version : Red ribbons

crayzee gamr
10-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I noticed while watching the movie the main characters have a red ribbon tied around their arm. Did they mention anything relating to that in the movie? does anyone know what it was for? did this topic come up already? or what do you think it means.

Medi
10-10-2006, 08:54 PM
I think it was to pay respect to Aeris after she died. People do thing like that in memoriam for the people they love who have passed, I believe. Wikipedia has a nice list of what different colored ribbons represent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons

~SapphireStar~
10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Medi got that spot on. That links quite useful!

Sefie1999AD
10-10-2006, 10:55 PM
I think the Ribbons symbolize the party members' mutual friendship since they're all wearing one (you'll see a lot of Ribbons when all the characters lift Cloud to Bahamut). When Cloud goes to fight Kadaj near the end, he removes the sleeve and you'll see his Ribbon, so in a way that shows how he longer wants to be alone, but with his friends. The Ribbon is also there for Aeris' memory, as far as I know. Finally, Ribbon was the ultimate protective accessory in FFVII, protecting you from nearly all the status ailments.

crayzee gamr
10-11-2006, 03:51 AM
so many thoughts! I sort of thought it was some sort of respect towards aerith or the planet (but if it wasn't I didn't want to sound stupid).

Ryushikaze
10-11-2006, 04:09 PM
According to the creators, it's in remembrance of Aerith, and the gang + Marlene all have one.

bipper
10-11-2006, 05:57 PM
I think the Ribbons symbolize the party members' mutual friendship since they're all wearing one (you'll see a lot of Ribbons when all the characters lift Cloud to Bahamut). When Cloud goes to fight Kadaj near the end, he removes the sleeve and you'll see his Ribbon, so in a way that shows how he longer wants to be alone, but with his friends. The Ribbon is also there for Aeris' memory, as far as I know. Finally, Ribbon was the ultimate protective accessory in FFVII, protecting you from nearly all the status ailments.

This answer is better than any other on this subject matter.

Dr. Acula
10-14-2006, 03:43 AM
I think Yuffie had two. One on her arm, another on her shuriken. What a ribbon hogger!

Dr.M
10-14-2006, 05:14 AM
^^haha, ribbon hogger. you know i was wondering if the ribbon in marline's hair is spost to be the same as the others, or if its just the way her hair is done.

forgiven angel
10-14-2006, 04:24 PM
one thing that confuses me is that all of them have the ribbon on their left arm except for vincent proabbly because of the claw but i didn't see one on his right am i just missing something or is he not wearing one?

crayzee gamr
10-14-2006, 06:06 PM
one thing that confuses me is that all of them have the ribbon on their left arm except for vincent proabbly because of the claw but i didn't see one on his right am i just missing something or is he not wearing one?
maybe it's closer to his shoulder so u can't see it (the whole cape thing and what-not).

forgiven angel
10-14-2006, 09:48 PM
proabbly i'll have to watch it tonight and pay close attention

*~Angel Wing~*
10-16-2006, 12:17 AM
According to the creators, it's in remembrance of Aerith, and the gang + Marlene all have one.
I don't know why anyone would want to remember her. :Oo: I thought she was an annoying pain in the ass, and my sister and I couldn't wait until Sephiroth stuck his sword through her!!! :mwahaha: :thumb:

Ryushikaze
10-16-2006, 01:40 PM

Holster.

I don't know why anyone would want to remember her. :Oo: I thought she was an annoying pain in the ass, and my sister and I couldn't wait until Sephiroth stuck his sword through her!!! :mwahaha: :thumb:

Maybe it's so they remember not to let walking casualties wander off on their own?

Sefie1999AD
10-17-2006, 10:28 PM

I don't know why Vincent's Ribbon is on his right arm and not his left one, but he definitely has it. I'll attach a screenshot of it.

crayzee gamr
10-20-2006, 03:37 AM
aha! there it is!:D

10-Breaker
10-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I think it is a memento for Aeris and a frienship sign...
AND IT CAN BE A RIBBON THAT PROTECTS YOU FROM POISON AND STUFF!

forgiven angel
10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
thankz much ^_^

Grendal
01-26-2007, 11:11 PM
They could be promoting AIDS awareness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Ribbon). :P

crayzee gamr
01-28-2007, 02:59 AM
I thought this died a long time ago i guess i wuz wrong.
maybe its geostigma awareness but i doubt it.

DarkLadyNyara
02-03-2007, 08:06 AM
I don't know why Vincent's Ribbon is on his right arm and not his left one, but he definitely has it. I'll attach a screenshot of it.

Vincent's ribbon is probably on his right arm due to his claw.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Isnt it because they are all part of AVALANCHE?thats what myself and me cuz have been thinking, itsa pretty logical, considering Vincent actually wears a pink ribbon.

Ryushikaze
02-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Marlene was never actually part of AVALANCHE.

Besides, the creator's have stated their fiat that the ribbons are in memory of Aerith.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I didnt realise Marlene wore won?

Aerisfanatic
02-17-2007, 05:10 AM

of coarse they would want to remember her aeris was special to all of them especialy cloud, she saved the world twice (ff7,ac)she cured clouds stigma she was the most beautiful any powerful character in the game and she isnt anoying even when she was alive she didnt have alot of monologue she was the nicest character in the game and the creators probobly give you a fat lip for for saying stuff like that about their most beloved charater

Levian
02-17-2007, 01:19 PM
aerisfantatic, don't call anyone stupid. That's not OK.

anvil_starsilver
02-19-2007, 01:14 PM
I didnt realise Marlene wore won?
I think she did. On her hair.

Aerisfanatic
02-22-2007, 01:39 PM
^^haha, ribbon hogger. you know i was wondering if the ribbon in marline's hair is spost to be the same as the others, or if its just the way her hair is done. in the game marlenes hair is done short with a head band and i think the ribbon in her hair in the movie was pink not red so it might have been aeris' ribbon that shes wearing in her hair

Aerisfanatic
02-22-2007, 01:43 PM

This answer is better than any other on this subject matter. i agrree

Aerisfanatic
02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
i got this information on a huge ff7 fan site but it will say where the ribbons are located

Cloud Strife - upper left arm
Tifa Lockheart - upper left arm
Marlene Wallace - wears a large pink ribbon in her hair, which is braided into a ponytail
Barret Wallace - lower left arm
Nanaki - lower left foreleg, above his bangle
Yuffie Kisaragi - upper left arm and on her shuriken. As far as we know, she is the only other character who sports two pink ribbons.
Cait Sith - upper left arm. It is unknown if Reeve also wears a ribbon.
Vincent Valentine - lower right arm
Cid Highwind - upper left arm
Aeris Gainsborough - one large large pink one holding her hair up and another smaller pink one tieing her braid.

Sefie1999AD
02-22-2007, 11:33 PM
You forgot the most obvious one: Aeris also has a pink ribbon in her hair.