PDA

View Full Version : Iceskating

Xander
10-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Who likes iceskating, and when's the last time you went?

I went a couple of weeks ago, and it was fun. Me and my friends were skating with mostly a bunch of teenagers (not that there's anything wrong with that, and lots of them were far too good at it) but it kinda made me feel younger, cos I guess I used to do that with my friends when I was younger a lot... ^_^

It all went well until all my friends were sitting out having a break, and I stopped to say hi while going round, by grabbing the side....a little too late. So I fell over for the first time ever :D And my butt was cold. And my friend found it hilarious :(

Yeah iceskating makes me all nostalgic, I like it.

Drift
10-10-2006, 07:59 PM
never been

ayame
10-10-2006, 08:00 PM
i love iceskating last time i went was a couple weeks ago i broke my leg the last time i went:(

Iceglow
10-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Awww god iceskating, geez... Back in the day (when I was like 10 - 15) I used to iceskate all the time infact I used to be a male figure-skater I got to grade 7 in it which is just below the grade needed to do competitions. I also used to play ice hockey for an under 15s team was good fun but I was too small to do well so I dropped out soon after starting. Oh and for any guy who decides that figure skating is feminine or girly try throwing a 7 - 8 stone girl with razor sharp blades on her feet that sweep past your throat close enough to feel the cold of the edge.

Flying Mullet
10-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I used to go a half dozen times or so when I lived up north, but now that it never freezes where I live, I rarely get the chance. I do enjoy rollerblading here though.

bipper
10-10-2006, 08:16 PM
I hate Ice scating. Sliding on the ice in a car is freaking fun though. I will go out and whip /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifties on the lake for hours when it freezes over.

Miriel
10-10-2006, 08:17 PM
My boyfriend and I went ice skating a few months ago. We were not good at it. :p

But I proved my point that there was ice in Southern California. So that's something.

~SapphireStar~
10-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Hate it with a passion. The first and last time I tried was when I was 10. I just kept falling on my butt and I didnt enjoy it at all!

Brian The Pink Shark
10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
i love ice skating, but i havent been in ages and i always fall on my arse which is rather sore. If i find an ice rink in Stirling and someone to go with i might go :D :choc:

Rainecloud
10-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I've never been, unfortunately.

It looks like a lot of fun, albeit a lot of extremely dangerous fun. Or perhaps I'm just being a prude.

Iceglow
10-10-2006, 08:48 PM
only dangerous if youre careless. seriously sounds basic common knowlege but its true

Jess
10-10-2006, 08:54 PM
I went iceskating once.

I fell over and the blade cut into my leg. I can't ice skate. :jess:

Shauna
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I hate ice skating. :(

Strider
10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I tried it once, but I have terrible balance so I ended up on my butt more often than not.

SammieBabe
10-10-2006, 10:14 PM
I've been about three times. There aren't many opportunities down here to skate. I wasn't very good, but it was fun...

Sylvie
10-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm one of the lonely bastards, so sometimes I pretend I'm ice skating with an ice cube and my old broken power ranger minifigure.

Jowy
10-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I've never gone ice skating out of fear of falling over many times and embarrassing myself. I'd like to try it at least once though.

Xander
10-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Just start off very slow and hold onto the sides and then you'll only need to go a bit faster when you feel ready to..just never go more than you feel you can and I think you'll be fine..unless anyone bumps into you that is. xD

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-10-2006, 11:01 PM
I haven't been in years, last time I went was on a school trip. I can't ice skate for long as my old judo injury kicks in and my ankle goes bad. I've been a few times and I've never fallen over.

Rye
10-10-2006, 11:05 PM
I loooooooooove ice skating, but I'm not wonderful at it. Just good enough to be able to skate for fun without falling on my ass. I want to go skating in Rockafella Center.

Faris
10-10-2006, 11:23 PM
I love skating. I went last year, t'was fun.

Necronopticous
10-11-2006, 12:11 AM
I went for the first time a couple months ago with some friends. It was surprisingly cheap, and a lot of fun. We are planning on going back when we all have some free time again.

I thought it was funny because before I went I asked people if it was like rollerblading, and everyone seemed intent on letting me know how different it was, then when I went it felt nearly identical.