PDA

View Full Version : ATB glitch

Fireblade13
10-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Ok it may not be a glitch but it seems that even when I put on "Wait" on the settings on FF4:A and then I got into a batlle. Well then I just stopped isuing commands and they still attacked. I thought that Wait was supposed to allow me to take as long as I want to decide on an attack. This has slighlty offed me from playing. :mad2:

Also a newby question: How do i get the map up? and where is the magnet cave with the vamp girls? :confused:

Flying Mullet
10-10-2006, 08:59 PM
"Wait" means that the enemies will not be able to select actions in battle if you have a menu up, such as selecting magic, items, etc... Remember that any actions that the enemy has already picked will be executed though, i.e. if you're fighting three Imps and and enemy AI picks "Fight" for that Imp when it's turn is up, and then you select Items for Cecil, that Imp will still attack you, but then no further attacks will happen as the ATB is basically frozen until you exit the Item menu.

To get the map up, you either have to cast Sight, which is a White Magic Spell, or use a Dwarven Bread.

Cruise Control
10-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Dwarven Bread is retarded. xD

Magnetic Cave is much later, after Rosa gets abducted.

nik0tine
10-10-2006, 11:45 PM
There's a map in this game?

Paul
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
lol, yes

Fireblade13
10-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah I know Nosebleed Rosa is gone I have cid yang and tellah

So If i want to pause the game then I should bring up the magic menu and then pick my best action? So gimped. I guess i'll just slow it down. ATB is dumb I hate having to play the quick finger in a RPG. That's what was wrong with FFX-2

Paul
10-23-2006, 08:32 PM
you could just pause it while you ponder whether you want to do magic or not

Lawr
10-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Theres a map in this game?