PDA

View Full Version : The new boss in FFV:A (spoilers)

abrojtm
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
So is anyone surprised that it's Enuo?

Discuss.

Zeromus_X
10-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I guess I'm kinda surprised, but I'm more relieved that it'll be more intertwined to the story. Besides, fighting Enuo on everyone's favorite psychedelic battle background is gonna kick ass. :cat:

Sefie1999AD
10-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I guess it's a nice addition that has something to do with the story. Was Enuo the guy who originally tried to use the power of the Void to destroy everything or something like that?

Jowy
10-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Yes, and he was defeated originally with the Twelve Sealed Weapons.

Crossblades
10-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Any pics?

Sefie1999AD
10-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Cool, and now your party members probably have those weapons if you've done a few side quests. :p Has anyone fought him yet? Elpizo was playing the game, but I don't think he's that far in the game yet. I wonder what kind of moves Enuo has, and if he's easier or harder than Shinryu and Omega.

Decessus
10-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Any pics?

In-battle picture. (http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up141857.png)

Evastio
10-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Who's Enuo anyways? :confused:

It's been a while since I last played FFV.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-11-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm not surprised at all. It always seemed awkward that such an important figure in the game's backstory was only mentioned a handful of times, making Enuo the prime candidate for the new super-boss by far.

Although it also would have been cool to fight that red guy who gets offed by Leviathan before he can attack the party.

abrojtm
10-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Cool, and now your party members probably have those weapons if you've done a few side quests.
You get them in the Sealed Castle Kuzar. There are pretty much more powerful weapons anyway other than like... Bell, Whip, and Lute (maybe a couple more).

Wasn't ExDeath the reincarnation of Enuo anyway?

eestlinc
10-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm not surprised at all. It always seemed awkward that such an important figure in the game's backstory was only mentioned a handful of times, making Enuo the prime candidate for the new super-boss by far.
I always did feel kinda gyped that the game never really expanded on the whole Enuo story.

LoKuS
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
I cant wait for this game.

boys from the dwarf
10-11-2006, 09:27 PM
i was dissapointed about enuos backstory too. he seemed really important but he was barely mentioned. im sure the storyline for bringing him back will be good.

about X-death. i thought he was just something born in moore forest but i bet i've forgotten something because i doubt it would be that simple.

he may not be as powerful as omega and shinryu because in a library in the N-zone it says that not even the original wielders of the legendary weapons could defeat them. but i have a feeling that enuo will be the hardest boss on the game even if he isn't the most powerful storyline-wise.

nik0tine
10-11-2006, 10:56 PM
This is cool. Does anyone know when this game is getting released?

Zeromus_X
10-11-2006, 11:12 PM
I've heard November.

Jowy
10-11-2006, 11:24 PM
11/07/06.

abrojtm
10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
The same day as Guitar Hero 2? What a dilemma.

The Crystal
10-12-2006, 03:02 AM
Wikipedia information:
"One thousand years ago, the immortal mage Enuo tried to take over the world using the power of the Void. However, this power could only be used in exchange for Enuo's immortality; the people of Earth used this to their advantage and defeated him with the 12 Legendary Weapons. Enuo's spirit fled into the Forest of Moore, and hid inside a tree while he regained his strength. For almost a millennium the spirit of Enuo resided inside that tree and eventually merged with the tree to become X-Death."

If this is true, then Enuo is Ex-Death. The background is the same of the Neo Ex-Death, so, in my opinion, Enuo is probably a third(final) form of the final boss.

Zeromus_X
10-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Unfortunately, it is stated in-game (by one of the Mirage villagers) that Enuo got sucked into the Void. Besides that, it would just be silly to add another form to the final boss. Superbosses are usually added to bonus dungeons.

abrojtm
10-12-2006, 04:50 AM
Maybe it's like in FFIV:A, and the optional dungeon is only available after you beat the game... something like:
After defeating Ex-Death, Enuo's spirit is released and escapes to the deepest levels of the Void to absorb the very essence of the Void.
Something cool like that.

Zeromus_X
10-12-2006, 04:54 AM
That would be pretty great.

Elpizo
10-12-2006, 06:24 AM
If you defeat Enuo, you get the necromancer class, heard from somebody who did beat him. The optional dungeon is very hard, good, no?

Crossblades
10-12-2006, 02:53 PM
If you defeat Enuo, you get the necromancer class, heard from somebody who did beat him. The optional dungeon is very hard, good, no?

Good indeed:D

Evastio
10-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Wikipedia information:
"One thousand years ago, the immortal mage Enuo tried to take over the world using the power of the Void. However, this power could only be used in exchange for Enuo's immortality; the people of Earth used this to their advantage and defeated him with the 12 Legendary Weapons. Enuo's spirit fled into the Forest of Moore, and hid inside a tree while he regained his strength. For almost a millennium the spirit of Enuo resided inside that tree and eventually merged with the tree to become X-Death."

If this is true, then Enuo is Ex-Death. The background is the same of the Neo Ex-Death, so, in my opinion, Enuo is probably a third(final) form of the final boss.
I remember now!!! :rolleyes2

Thanks!!!! :D

Zeromus_X
10-13-2006, 12:26 AM
Unfortunately, it is stated in-game (by one of the Mirage villagers) that Enuo got sucked into the Void. Besides that, it would just be silly to add another form to the final boss. Superbosses are usually added to bonus dungeons.

nik0tine
10-13-2006, 01:46 AM
Is this actually true? I thought the only two classes being added to this game were the canoneer and the gladiator.

Zeromus_X
10-13-2006, 01:48 AM
There are also two other reported classes (which have screenshots now to confirm them), Prophet and Necromancer. I know that there's a pretty recent thread that has a screen of the party using the Prophet class around here.

So yeah, four whole new classes. It's gonna be tasty.

nik0tine
10-13-2006, 01:49 AM
/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. I'm looking forward to this even more now.

boys from the dwarf
10-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Wikipedia information:

thanks for reminding me how X-death was created. i doubt enuo would be an extra form and i dont think he'd be a replacement boss.

neo X-death is the full power of the void merged with his powers so perhaps when he dies his spirit could recreate enuo or something like that because i think its going to be similar to FF4A's extra dungeon and it gives a reason to why you can enter the dungeon until you complete the game. but i dont know. it'll be interesting to see how it works.

Zeromus_X
10-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Unfortunately, it is stated in-game (by one of the Mirage villagers) that Enuo got sucked into the Void.

So he isn't living, and he isn't an evil tree. Enuo isn't X-Death. But NED is up to interpretation.

Decessus
10-13-2006, 02:02 PM
El Oh El.

Reine
10-15-2006, 05:11 AM
Excellent. Just what I had been hoping for

Ultima Shadow
10-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Absolutely awesome. I can't wait for this game. :cool:

I hope my precious Ultima Weapon will be one of the bonus bosses. :hyper:

eestlinc
10-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Exdeath is not Enuo, at least according to anything stated in the game, as Z_X has pointed out a number of times in this thread. Exdeath is a separate baddie that the Warriors of Dawn (or whatever they are called) sealed witht he crystals.

Sefie1999AD
10-26-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I found a YouTube clip about someone fighting Enuo. *SPOILERS!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2HusrI8hgI

boys from the dwarf
10-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Exdeath is not Enuo, at least according to anything stated in the game, as Z_X has pointed out a number of times in this thread. Exdeath is a separate baddie that the Warriors of Dawn (or whatever they are called) sealed witht he crystals.

how was x-death created then? was he just created in moore forest. because that wikipedia thing posted earlier seems about right but if enuo was sucked into the void is guess its not possible.

Thane
10-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Wikipedia information:

I completely forgot about that! It's been a while since I've completed FF V.

And maybe adding Enuo will make the story more solid. He really should have been in the original as a mandatory fight.

Nasarian Altimeros
10-26-2006, 05:03 PM
youtube.com/watch?v=S2HusrI8hgI

A flame? Anti-climactic much?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
The fight itself isn't exactly a blast, either. After traversing the huge maze-like dungeon and tackling all the killer bosses within who can easily wipe you out in the first round of battle, he's kind of an anticlimax, really.

Sefie1999AD
10-26-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure about that. I didn't feel anti-climactic when fighting the Light Emperor at the end of FFII DoS: Souls of Rebirth. There were harder battles in the dungeon, such as Ultima Weapon and the Black Dragons, but I still thought the battle was okay (although the dialogues before and after that battle were quite horrible, IMHO). Though if Kishi has actually played FFVA and fought his way through the special dungeon, I guess he's right, then.

Anyway, I think the battle looked really hard. Delta Attack (or whatever that instant killer attack is called) and Tornado were really dangerous moves, and how on earth are you going to survive Meteo unless you level up everyone to nearly 9999 HP?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
It's by no means an easy battle. Don't worry about that. It's just that some of the bosses you'll fight before him are even harder.

Jowy
10-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I really hope they don't just cop out and have pallete swaps of the Cleft of Dimension bosses. One Halicarnassus fight was enough.

boys from the dwarf
10-31-2006, 07:47 AM
any info on the bosses before him?

EDIT: ah. there are a group of videos by the same person that show all the other secret bosses. i remember hearing something like this. you have to fight all of the bosses again. i think their doing it for FFVIA.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
you have to fight all of the bosses again.No.

Sefie1999AD
10-31-2006, 07:53 PM
So what exactly happens on that bonus dungeon? From what I saw on YouTube, the party fought several consecutive battles, with some enemies looking like bosses that you've fought before in the game (such as the 4 Seals and Necrophobia, and many others).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-01-2006, 01:04 AM
That's just the boss rush--thirty bosses from throughout the game, broken up into groups of five that must be defeated in rapid succession. It's separate from the dungeon proper, only becoming accessible once you beat Enuo and get the Necromancer job. The sole reward for surviving it is another useless item in the tradition of the Omega Medal and Dragon Crest, called Proof of Crushing Evil.

Wing Raptor, Garula, Siren, Magissa & Faltzer, Gilgame
Liquid Flame, Sol Cannon, Purobourous, Minotaurus, Triton/Nergeid/Phobos
Biblos, Tyrasaurus, Flying Dragon Weed, Archaeo Demon, Apanda
Chimera Brain, Adamantoise, Garkimasera, Calofisteri, Twin Tania
He Who Knows Everything, Stalker, Sand Worm, Atomos, Halicarnassus
Crystals, Melusine, Catastrophe, Apocalyopse, Necrophobia

Jowy
11-01-2006, 01:07 AM
That's just obnoxious.

Zeromus_X
11-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Who is this 'He Who Knows Everything', again?

Jowy
11-01-2006, 01:38 AM
Playing the elimination game, I'd guess Alte Roit

God knows I'm probably way off though.

Zeromus_X
11-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Oh! Azul Magia! Because he knows all Blue Magic. I guess.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-01-2006, 02:00 AM
He's the guy at the top of the magic half of Fork Tower. His name is usually translated as "Omniscient," which is valid enough except that it fails to represent a minor pattern found later in the series.

FFV: He Who Knows Everything (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQxik6doiUQ)
FFX: He Who Has Surpassed Everything (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6rE2yS_fA)
FFX-2: He Who Has Abandoned Everything (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsRPHh2pQQ)

Evastio
11-01-2006, 02:38 AM
That's just the boss rush--thirty bosses from throughout the game, broken up into groups of five that must be defeated in rapid succession. It's separate from the dungeon proper, only becoming accessible once you beat Enuo and get the Necromancer job.
I hope the Necromancer Job will really help out during the boss rush.

Sefie1999AD
11-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Great, so that means the new secret dungeon doesn't even end when you defeat Enuo. How are the pre-Enuo parts of the dungeon, i.e. navigating around, fighting battles, fighting bosses etc?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-01-2006, 08:46 PM
It's a bit like the Dimensional Rift in that you move through different types of areas without much warning, but it's much more maze-like. You may find yourself running in circles before you find the means to progress, which themselves are usually unorthodox. You'll have to capture a particular kind of monster, run from one area to another within a time limit, and so on. Without saying too much, you're sure to love the pyramid segment.