PDA

View Full Version : Cracking Your Bones *flexes fingers*

Rainecloud
10-11-2006, 06:48 AM
I started a thread on this subject about twelve months ago, and it went down quite well. I distinctly remember someone making a rather amusing comment about their knees sounding like a bag of firecrackers going off as they walked down the stairs in the morning.

Do your bones crack? Do their crack all by themselves, or do manipulate them to do so?

My knees crack (especially the right one), my fingers occasionally crack, and my neck sounds quite unhealthy when I move it into certain positions.

Please vote in the poll provided. Thanks.

RiseToFall
10-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Strangely the one place on my body that always cracks is my ankle. If I just move it back and forth, each time it will crack.

final fantasy is stinky
10-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Plippity ploppity my fingers crack
Flippity floppity my neck crack
Slippilty sloppity umm, yummy snack?

escobert
10-11-2006, 06:57 AM
I crack m fingers back and neck.

Meat Puppet
10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
My back and knees seem to crack the most. Others do too, but mostly my back and knees. When I squat or crouch or whatever it sounds like... lots of bones cracking. I'm not too good with similes, either.

I manipulate them to do it every now and again, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the time they do it by themselves.

Iceglow
10-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I crack my fingers all the time and sometimes my ankles and knees go too. However the wierdest one to crack is my shoulder blades and my spine as they go together when I stretch out and sound like a ripple of pops and cracks a bit like some very distorted applause.

sephirothishere
10-11-2006, 12:42 PM
i crack everything but my fingers....but i can crack them i jus try not to....

Mo-Nercy
10-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Neck, back, fingers, elbows, knees and toes. I can make them all crack with some fidgiting though they're also quite prone to cracking by themselves too.

~SapphireStar~
10-11-2006, 01:10 PM
My knees crack (especially the right one), my fingers occasionally crack, and my neck sounds quite unhealthy when I move it into certain positions.
God thats me! My ex use to click every finger and every toe to wind me up! I dont like people cracking thier bones.

Breine
10-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I manually crack my neck and my fingers. I don't do it as much as I used too any more, though.
I don't know what it is, but it seems relaxing when you do it - or maybe it's just a bad habit?

Jess
10-11-2006, 01:43 PM
My left wrist, and both my ankles crack whenever I rotate them.

My back cracks when I get hugged tightly. :jess:

Bunny
10-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I crack my neck and knuckles every once and awhile, the former is an everyday thing almost. Other than those, not really a whole lot of crackin' going down.

Levian
10-11-2006, 03:04 PM
I used to crack them all the time before, but I quit 2 years ago and now I have a hard time making my fingers crack. As funny as the cracking sound is, I like it better without the urge to crack them every 5th minute.

I tried cracking them all now, but I only got two. ;o

Jowy
10-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I crack my knuckles, neck, back, and toes on my own. My ankles occasionally crack when I'm walking or I rotate them.

bipper
10-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I am a crack-whore. I crack my fingers, back, neck, knees and elbows/shoulders all the time.

....for money even.

Misfit
10-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Only my thumbs crack. :D *special*

Xander
10-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Ahh, my fingers every two minutes *does it again* I'm totally addicted x_x My hands hurt when I bowl and stuff, so its probably had a bad effect, oh well...

StarlightAngel
10-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Fingers, thumbs, toes, and sometimes back manually (Back being when I stretch after sitting hunched over a piece of paper because I dun wanna grow up all bent over XP), my wrists when they feel sort of... I dunno. Stiff-ish?

My ankles crack sometimes when I raise my toes too high o.o and sometimes when they too have the same stiff-ish feeling that I get with my wrists.

My foot cracks when I walk after a while, though I don't know why. It just cracks once, and it usually feels like bones moving back into place.

Aaaaaand... I think that's it. My left hand also seems to hurt more when I lift things, so maybe that's because of my cracking it...?

Reles
10-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Occasionally, when I was in gymnastics they cracked a lot, but my back is impossible to crack. My knees crack sometimes, same with my fingers and whatnot.

Twilight Edge
10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Neck, wrists, fingers, ankles, elbows.

Crikity crakety crack
All my bonies crack
In the melody of crack
Crack crack.

Rainecloud
10-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, not one person has voted in the "My bones don't crack at all" category.

We are a healthy bunch... :/

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-11-2006, 06:11 PM
I crack all the time, so badly in fact that I could never sneak out of the house when I was young. I would creep down the stairs and then *crack*. So, I try to get back up *crack*. So my mom comes out of her room and I try and run away *crk crk crk crk crk*

XandrewX
10-11-2006, 06:15 PM
If i crack my fingers myself counts and crack then it happen often...if bone crack during sports...no...hardly...

sephirothishere
10-11-2006, 08:42 PM
My left wrist, and both my ankles crack whenever I rotate them.

My back cracks when I get hugged tightly

some hug...hahahha....

Pete for President
10-11-2006, 10:23 PM
My toes, right ankle, right knee, both elbows, right wrist and my neck tend to crack quite often. My toes are worst by far though. Picked the first choice in the poll.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-11-2006, 11:28 PM
I could spend an entire day cracking my left wrist. My knuckles and thumbs also crack, along with my right ankle.

Captain Maxx Power
10-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm like a human rattle, there's not a single bone I can't crack with sufficient consistency as to deem it "not crackable". My knees are especially bad, since they crack everytime I bend them past a certain point, which I'm sure is NOT a good sign.

yunacy
10-11-2006, 11:33 PM
i can crack my left wrist but i hate the noise so i don't do it

Kyri
10-11-2006, 11:35 PM
My knees crack all the time, and it's very annoying. My fingers crack sometimes too.

Tavrobel
10-11-2006, 11:43 PM
I enjoy moving air bubbles caught between my joints that are displaced by the rubbing together of my bones in a quick action. I do it when I stretch before excercise and after waking up, but not any more, otherwise I could risk arthritis at a later age.

No one can vote in the "they never crack" because it's impossible for them to crack at an age where you can actually access the internet by yourself. Well, if they never cracked, then that means you wouldn't be using the internet anyways, Mister Jock, now would you?

Hawkeye
10-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Ahh, my fingers every two minutes *does it again* I'm totally addicted x_x My hands hurt when I bowl and stuff, so its probably had a bad effect, oh well...
Ditto big time. I do it with my toes too. It's soo adictive.

Vikeve
10-12-2006, 01:01 AM
I can crack my toes but thats about it. I'm doing ti right now I think most can crack their toes.

Sometimes people over do it and crack all these bones I find that nasty.

Ryushikaze
10-12-2006, 04:23 AM
I crack all the time, and loudly.

People have turned to me and said "That hurt ME..." after I've popped my neck.
My mother is downright disturbed by it.

NorthernChaosGod
10-15-2006, 12:53 AM
My bones only crack when I will them to.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-15-2006, 12:56 AM
I can't remember a single time that happened, so no.

sephirothishere
10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
my spine jsu made a weird noise liek 30 seconds ago....