PDA

View Full Version : I ate a spider!!! :weep:

final fantasy is stinky
10-11-2006, 07:57 AM
So I got just off the forum and went to get some midnight munchies when I found a take out box in the fridgerator. Yummie fish and onion rings!!!! So I dig in and take a big ole chomper right out of the fishy and swallow but the next thing I see on the fishy is HALF A SPIDER!!! :weep: I wanted to die.

Has this ever happened to you before? :love:

Rostum
10-11-2006, 08:03 AM
O.O;

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Actually for me, I've eaten tons and tons of gnats before when I would ride my bike for long distances, but never a spider. At least not consciously.

Rainecloud
10-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Apparently, we all eat plenty of bugs in our sleep over the years. :/

I found a dead spider in a packet of Corn Flakes once. I didn't eat it, though.

udsuna
10-11-2006, 09:50 AM

About 9 or 10 spiders a year. Plus a dozen or so flies. And the occasional random cricket, roach or centipede. Many, many more if you sleep with your mouth open a lot. Yet another reason not to snore.

~SapphireStar~
10-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I dont recall eating one when Im awake, but most probably have in my sleep.

Iceglow
10-11-2006, 11:13 AM
hmm anyone ever seen the bug lollipops and stuff in selfridges? they have one with a scorpion in it (and yes it is real just as the snake vodka contains a real dead snake!) I keep saying one day I'll get the balls to go actually buy one and eat it but I wanna know if I'm going to like it I cant afford to be losing £4 or so on one for nothing.

but however, on this topic, I ate a bee once and some flies/gnats what ever you call them I generally use midges. I've also had worm soup which is really bitter and disgusting but edible.

Anaisa
10-11-2006, 12:31 PM
That thing about swallowing bugs when sleeping, isn't true. Everybody does not swallow several spiders or flies a year in their sleep. We all swallow little bugs that are too small for us to see, like dustmites. But we're not all swallowing spiders an flies in our sleep. Some people will, but not all. The same sort of people who think insects won't come through your window if you leave it open. :rolleyes2

sephirothishere
10-11-2006, 12:36 PM
i sleep face down when i do sleep.....

Reles
10-11-2006, 04:42 PM
That thing about swallowing bugs when sleeping, isn't true. Everybody does not swallow several spiders or flies a year in their sleep. We all swallow little bugs that are too small for us to see, like dustmites. But we're not all swallowing spiders an flies in our sleep. Some people will, but not all. The same sort of people who think insects won't come through your window if you leave it open. :rolleyes2

Yup I read the other day that it was a made up statistic. And plus, there's no possible way I could swallow a spider that many times since I'm not really one to open my mouth when I sleep, snore, or drool or anything.

In any case, how big was the spider?

Misfit
10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Eww gross.

I've never ate an insect that I know of, I don't even go near them... I have a phobia of spiders.

black orb
10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
>>> I`ve eaten a bee, tequila worms and ants (those are spicy)..

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-11-2006, 07:13 PM

Yup I read the other day that it was a made up statistic. And plus, there's no possible way I could swallow a spider that many times since I'm not really one to open my mouth when I sleep, snore, or drool or anything.

In any case, how big was the spider?

Swallowing bugs is not like choking down a 747 (my family's nickname for a giant roach), it's like as stated above. You know those little tiny red things that are baby spiders? Those are supposedly what we eat, along with other little critters.

Coronet
10-16-2006, 04:37 PM
In inhaled a gnat once. I was spitting and sputtering for about 5 minutes envisioning the thing flying around my lungs. :(

I'm sure you'll be ok though. Most aren't toxic. Tons of animals (and some people) eat spiders. :D

Araciel
10-16-2006, 04:39 PM

About 9 or 10 spiders a year. Plus a dozen or so flies. And the occasional random cricket, roach or centipede. Many, many more if you sleep with your mouth open a lot. Yet another reason not to snore.

i'm pretty sure this isn't true....people say it is but when you think about it...have you ever eaten one while awake? flies and the like will walk on your face...but they spend most of their lives evading the clapping beaks of birds and reptiles...they aren't just going to saunter down your throat while you lie nestled in your bed.

and FTR i have never knowingly eaten anything that could be observed as being alive with the naked eye.

if the spider you ate had any poison or anything at all, never fear....most spiders that cohabitate with humans are completely harmless to us anyway

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-16-2006, 04:46 PM
hmm anyone ever seen the bug lollipops and stuff in selfridges? they have one with a scorpion in it (and yes it is real just as the snake vodka contains a real dead snake!) I keep saying one day I'll get the balls to go actually buy one and eat it but I wanna know if I'm going to like it I cant afford to be losing £4 or so on one for nothing.

Buy me one, I'll eat it! To my knowledge I have never eaten a bug before.

Jowy
10-16-2006, 04:52 PM
A few years ago, I was drinking some Pepsi out of a glass, and while taking a swallow, noticed a spider floating around the ice cubes. I kind of overreacted and dumped it down the sink and then proceeded to cause my party on RO to die because I was too busy freaking out.

Araciel
10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
RO?

yah i think i would freak if i found a bug in my food/and/or tasty carbonated beverage

Shaun
10-16-2006, 04:55 PM
final fantasy is stinky, are you British? The way you said that seemed like it. And I believe when I was a young kid, I ate a digestive that had a worm on it,

Jowy
10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
RO is an abbreviation for Ragnarok Online.

Jess
10-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Not whilst awake, thankfully.

However, apparently when I was 3 my mum found me in the garden eating an earwig... eeeee! :jess:

Christmas
10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
My dog was eating his dinner until he realize his best friend Eddie the flea had been swallowed by him. :(

Vincent, Thunder God
10-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Once a spider fell on me while I was sleeping. I can't be certain that it was one, since it was in the dark, and I jerked it away before turning on the light to double-check it was gone. I haven't eaten one, at least not awake... ew...

Kyri
10-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Oh god, I'd die! I hate spiders! No it never happened to me. :|

Psychotic
10-16-2006, 11:36 PM
One of my second cousins tried to kiss a spider when she was younger, and ended up swallowing it.
However, apparently when I was 3 my mum found me in the garden eating an earwig... eeeee! :jess:That explains everything. :laugh: