PDA

View Full Version : Saint's Row

fantasyjunkie
10-11-2006, 08:29 AM
I've been playing Saint's Row on my 360. I like it a lot. One thing I like a lot better about it that San Andreas is that dying is a lot more forgiving than San Andreas ever was. I walked out of the hospital and still had my weapons. Targeting is a lot easier too. That always was a major pain in GTA.
Only thing missing is the atmosphere. I never played GTA3 so I don't know but in Vice City I really felt that I was in Miami and in San Andreas I felt like I was really in Los Angeles(Darn, I cannot remember what the fictional name of Los Angeles was :mad: )
I don't have that feeling in Saint's Row. One thing is cool though is watching the passerby. Some of them actually stop and tie their shoes. Now that's cool! I also like being able to restart a mission in Saint's Row. GTA could be pretty unforgiving there too.

escobert
10-11-2006, 09:07 AM
I liek how Saint's row is more like a east coast city, and I LOVE the map. They REALLY need to add my into the game liek bikes and boats and all sorts of those things.

~SapphireStar~
10-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Ive played the demo at my uncles and it just screamed Grand Theft Auto at me. But I dont own a 360, so I doubt I'll ever play it again.

Dreddz
10-11-2006, 10:34 PM
So Saints Row is even easier than San Andreas ? Good thing I didnt even make eye contact with the game in the Video game store.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Its a good game, but the whole rep system gets old soon.

escobert
10-12-2006, 01:58 AM
So Saints Row is even easier than San Andreas ? Good thing I didnt even make eye contact with the game in the Video game store.

No way dude. much better imo. THe mapp everythign is awsome I think they did good just needed motercycles and boats. But the physics are FRUCKING AWSOME!

Shaun
10-12-2006, 01:21 PM
I will never buy that game. It has no punctuation in the title. Shouldn't it be Saints' Row, anyway? Unless there's just one saint, of course.

JKTrix
10-12-2006, 02:37 PM
It's a row with more than one Saint on it. It doesn't particularly imply that the row is owned by the plural Saints, so the possessive apostrophe isn't required. Like Times Square.

Shaun
10-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Hmm. Fair point, but I don't know. We could talk about metaphors, and how they use such punctuation over something non-existent. I still think the title does suggest the row is owned by the saints.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-13-2006, 04:17 AM
I will never buy that game. It has no punctuation in the title. Shouldn't it be Saints' Row, anyway? Unless there's just one saint, of course.

You sound like my mum. :(

Araciel
10-13-2006, 04:21 AM
its ok.....the rep is annoying and something about the character models bugs me...o yeah they're ugly....but it's such a big game otherwise, we can forgive it.one of the few games worth owning for the 360 though?? still not sure

XxSephirothxX
10-13-2006, 04:27 AM
The demo was fun, but not nearly enough so to make me want to buy the game. I might buy it when it's down to 30 bucks or so; but if Rockstar has shown off GTA IV by then, and it looks phenomenal, I'll just wait. :p

JKTrix
10-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Yeah, that's one thing I think most people, including people like me who don't care for GTA types, are looking forward to. The last several GTA games have been basically spin-offs of GTA3. The fact that the next game is called GTA4 suggests that they're taking the game in a new direction again, though I doubt it would be as drastic as GTA2-->GTA3.

Rockstar definitely needs to do something new and different with GTA in order to make it stand out from its own clones.

Saint's Row, from what I've played, seems to be one of the most competant GTA clones yet.

Shaun
10-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Wait a minute. You said it's a row with more than one saint on it. So it wouldn't be Saint's Row.

JKTrix
10-13-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't care enough about the game to consistently spell it correctly :P Don't even care enough to edit the post...

Shaun
10-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Fair enough. :p Just do your bit for our language and don't buy it.

Raebus
10-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey, heres a great idea! Lets try playing it before saying no to it and going on about punctuation. :)

Shaun
10-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey, here's a great idea! Let's try playing it before saying no to it and going on about punctuation. :)

escobert
10-13-2006, 05:59 PM
shuan, was that even close to necessary?:rolleyes2

Raebus
10-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Yep, absolutely 100% correct grammar/puncuation makes the world go round.

Heck, who cares if you've got a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif view on something if you can just retaliate by fixing the persons sentence. :thumb:

escobert
10-13-2006, 06:50 PM
That's just idiotic.

JKTrix
10-13-2006, 06:58 PM
I thought it was funny. Not really worth re-retaliating over though.

Saints Row! Play it if you dare!

Or try Yakuza. Which is more Shenmue than GTA.

Personally I don't care much for this game (after having played it and seen it played in more advanced stages), so I won't be picking up. The game itself is decent, but I'm a little tired of these kinds of 'gangsta' games. Plus I've already unwillingly heard all about the story from some of my younger, irritating 'hip hop obssessed' acquaintances. No thanks.

Raebus
10-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Someone told me about a shotgun disguised as pimp walking stick being used as a weapon in Saints Row. Combine that with creating a pimp character and I've got quite a bit of fun to be had, I just wish I had an X box 360. :(

kikimm
10-14-2006, 06:38 AM
Yeah Shaun drop it please. And be nice guys!

fantasyjunkie
10-14-2006, 07:52 AM
I came home from work all mad and in a bad mood and you guys just had me cracking up! Thanks everyone! :D :thumb:

escobert
10-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Someone told me about a shotgun disguised as pimp walking stick being used as a weapon in Saints Row. Combine that with creating a pimp character and I've got quite a bit of fun to be had, I just wish I had an X box 360. :(

Yes, there is a shotgun cane you can get, and gold plated desert eagles.