PDA

View Full Version : inkblot-type things

vorpal blade
10-11-2006, 10:34 AM
You know those inkblots psychiatrists show you, then you have to tell them what it is? What're they called? Starts with r...
Oh well. This is about your mind turning random, coincidental marks and visuals into something else. Like rawshock (that's how it's proonounced) tests. Share...

-i was sitting on the toilet, goinga bout my business, when I looked at the toilet paper holder and noticed a scratch on it that looked much like the japanese kanji for "left"
-On my way to my chemistry class in the eleventh grade, I would p[ass a door that had two marks that together l;ook very much like the japanese hiragana for "kutsu," meaning "shoe"
-In my physiology class in the twelfth grade, i was bored and looked at my blue denim jacket. i unfocused my eyes and doodled what I saw.
-The moonlight hitting my closet one night looked a lot like a rabbit.

~SapphireStar~
10-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Only thing I can think of is when a cloud looked like a dragon's head!

Meat Puppet
10-11-2006, 10:43 AM
It's called the Rorschach Test, and Psychologists use it. Psychiatrists probably use it too, but I've never seen one so I can't say for sure. Anyway, I hate doing them. They're so boring and I get taken so seriously. Like, I look at them and I always see inkblots. Sometimes I lie and.. oh fuck it. They sure beat the hell out of the one with the sandbox, though. Man I hate that fucking sandbox. Does this mean you have three friends? Oh jesus christ I don't know. Does this mean a female friend? FUCK I don't know it was just there so I put it there! Pretty annoying stuff.

nik0tine
10-11-2006, 11:40 AM
That happens to me all the time. At least once a day, sometimes more. Tiny spots on the wall are dinosaurs, clouds are bart simpson, tree branches are sinister creatures, and stop lights are grandpa's face. It's especially fun because if I focus on it for too long it will eventually change into another figure or shape, usually just as random as before. Bedtime could be especially interesting when I was little.

blackmage_nuke
10-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I once saw a cloud that looked freakishly like an eagle. I was freaked out

fire_of_avalon
10-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I did this more when I was younger, but my sister has always been able to see designs, patterns or other things in random lines. For example, our ceilings at home are that fancy pants sculpted sheetrock that was crazy popular in the seventies. Anyways, she'll stare at the ceiling for hours and mark things she sees. I guess I'm a little envious.

Reles
10-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah I do this, especially with my bed spread, I lay there at night and I'm like whoa wtf, that looks like such and such, but that same shape ends up looking like several things from different angles, it's pretty trippy.

That inkblot thing is ridiculous, is it suppose to trigger some sort of bad or good memory inside of us and be all OH NO IT'S A DOG *breaks down* okayokay I confess I was molested as a child! But I've never seen it really do anything.