PDA

View Full Version : Talking/Singing To Yourself (You Weirdo).

Rainecloud
10-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I just realised that I've been singing the American National Anthem to myself for the last five or so minutes. I love the song - it's quite catchy. I don't talk to myself, though. That's just weird.

Have you ever found yourself humming or singing a song without actually meaning to do so? Do you talk to yourself at all? If so, have people ever made fun of you for doing so?

Breine
10-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I talk to myself quite often actually, and sometimes I even have conversations with myself. The weird thing is that I usually do it in English, instead of in Danish (which is my mother language) o_O

Brian The Pink Shark
10-11-2006, 01:39 PM
i never talk to myself outloud, just in my head, i'll sing out loud all the time

people get really scared when i try to sing great gig in the sky :p

Currently singing Radiohead-Paranoid Android :choc:

Bunny
10-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I sing and hum to myself occasionally and in a very low tone. I talk to myself more often than I talk to other people.

I may or may not be certifiably insane.

Meat Puppet
10-11-2006, 01:54 PM
I sometimes catch myself talking to.. myself. It's a little creepy. I don't know, maybe I had done something that had made an idiot of myself and while walking around I would be having this conversation with myself trying to convince me that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was and so on. Then I realize I'm talking to myself and I start talking to myself about talking to myself. It's not so bad, though. I'm sure plenty of other people do it, so I'm not such a weirdo.

I find myself singing along to music pretty often, too. That's pretty weird. Not so much singing along to the music, but when I find I'm subconsciously (is that the right word here?) singing along to the music. Especially when I'm sober. Fortunately I seem to only do it when I'm alone, so I save myself some embarrassment there.

Decessus
10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I keep a tape recorder hot glued to my right hand so I can talk to myself, listen to it later, and cry myself to sleep.

Resha
10-11-2006, 02:01 PM
I do, all the time! Sometimes I pretend I'm someone else and have a conversation with myself (although I haven't done this in a while; usually do it when I'm bored in the shower lol).

I sing and hum to myself almost all of the time I'm alone, not in the vicinity of other people~

~SapphireStar~
10-11-2006, 02:14 PM
I tend to hum to myself quite abit, I dont like singing on my own!

blackmage_nuke
10-11-2006, 02:15 PM
I sometimes talk to myself when Im planning something

I sing but i do it on purpose

(yesssssss my precious. kill the hobbitses)

bipper
10-11-2006, 02:33 PM
I lightly hum and sing to myself - because no one esle will :(

Rantz
10-11-2006, 02:47 PM
It has happened that I talked to myself, or rather to objects that obviously can't hear me or talk back (games, plants (aww, you look so sad, here's some water for you) :p, and such). It doesn't happen very often though, but I sing to myself all the time.

Levian
10-11-2006, 02:48 PM
This one time I was at work whistleing Total Eclipse of the Heart, when some guy on the other side of the shelf totally hijacked the song and turned it into Jingle Bells. Damn you, shelf guy!

I whistle all the time, but I rarely sing.

Jowy
10-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I've been humming that godforsaken Fergie song all day. Kill me.

Rainecloud
10-11-2006, 03:10 PM
This one time I was at work whistleing Total Eclipse of the Heart...

Thanks, Levian. Now you've got me whistling it in front of my Workmates. :/

Levian
10-11-2006, 03:34 PM

Tuuurn around~

Cz
10-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I once found myself singing Chaka Khan's I'm Every Woman. This is a very difficult thing to admit so, so please try to be supportive. :(

bipper
10-11-2006, 03:43 PM

Tuuurn around~

Every now and then I get a
little bit lonely and you're never coming around

XandrewX
10-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Talk to myself in my head...sing to myself in a very low tone.I talk to myself in my head more often than I talk to others.

Xander
10-11-2006, 04:00 PM
After I heard that stupid "checking it out" song by Lil Chris I kept singing it and certainly not meaning to, because I hate it >_< I sing stuff to myself a lot though be careful that noone can hear. xD I can't sing in front of people...ed harcourts born in the 70s was in my head a lot the other week, good song <3

Reles
10-11-2006, 04:25 PM
I only sing in the car, if I sing in my room, I think my roommates would get annoyed. I talk to myself quite frequently though, it's kind of amusing.

StarlightAngel
10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
I try not to sing when others are around XP;; Too embarrasing.

I also talk to myself when I'm the only one there, but that's more or less me vocalizing the dialogue of my stories out of boredom XD;;

One of the reasons why I'll never get the stories written down ._. I have so much fun saying it outloud that by the time I get to the computer I don't feel like writting it anymore.

Quindiana Jones
10-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I talk to myself because it's the only sensible conversation I can get, isn't it? Yes it is. Thank you. No problem.

Rye
10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Considering that I'm a singer, I do this constantly. Even during school and when others are around. It usually depends on what I learned in Honors Choir, and it's usually a variety of different songs. Today I went between a Hebrew New Years song, a Latin/German song, and a scat jazz song. xD

yunacy
10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I've been humming that godforsaken Fergie song all day. Kill me.

fergie is awful

Alive-Cat
10-11-2006, 08:44 PM
If I do something that I know is okay, but if someone was watching me would seem weird, or wrong, I explain it to myself. In case they hear me.
"It's time to get some exercise, I think." To justify running around the house with my shirt off.

Pete for President
10-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I don't talk to myself, but I usually hum along with the songs on my mp3-player when I'm alone and riding my bike. Sometimes I actually sing along, but that only happens when I'm on my way home after going out or something. (alone ofcourse)

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-11-2006, 10:19 PM
I sing all the time, I love singing, I also talk to myself a lot, cause no one else'll talk to me.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I always sing or hum to myself. If you know me well, you already know what band...and if you dont, there's no point in me telling you! :p

I dont talk to myself though. Only sometimes when im stressed. :p

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-11-2006, 10:25 PM
My former work colleages would beg me not to use my horrendous whiny "Tidus like" voice for music in any way shape or form.

Iceglow
10-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I sing all the time, I love singing, I also talk to myself a lot, cause no one else'll talk to me.

Not true I talk to you honey but then I'm with you if I didn't we wouldn't have much of a relationship.

As for me yeah I sing to myself and talk to myself all the damn time, I can't listen to music without singing along quietly or under my breath if in public. and I talk to myself constantly about what I am going to do with myself next, but since when the hell is that wierd? I thought it was I who was normal not everyone else. Then again I work for Sainsburys and as I am sure Jack will agree all who work for them for more than the 3 months probation end up insane before the first year is out.

K. H. Kid
10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Talk to myself, have conversations with myself, I even answer myself. But so do half the people in my mom's side of my family.

Captain Maxx Power
10-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I talk to myself often. It's the only way I can be sure of meaningful conversation.

oddler
10-11-2006, 11:59 PM
I just realised that I've been singing the American National Anthem to myself for the last five or so minutes. I love the song - it's quite catchy. I don't talk to myself, though. That's just weird.

Have you ever found yourself humming or singing a song without actually meaning to do so? Do you talk to yourself at all? If so, have people ever made fun of you for doing so?

That's uncanny. I was humming that tune at work not less than two days ago.

Marluxiaswife
10-12-2006, 06:06 AM
i'd be singing 1000 words and i'm surprised i was humming in the shower the one winged angel song!......:

abrojtm
10-12-2006, 06:19 AM
I sing while I'm alone quite often.