PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Boss Background?

Elpizo
10-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Titel explains it all, I guess. Which Final Boss has the best battle background?

For me, this is an easy one. The best is obviously NeoExDeath.
That background just owns all other ones. I was really impressed when I first saw it. Now I'm hurrying through the Japanese ROM of FF V advance to see if they didn't mess it up. That background just gave you a certain feeling that made you feel a certain something. It was really an incredible battle, the void going in all directions, changing colours, Neo's colour changing, Neo's shaking... Yeah, NeoExDeath definitaly has the best background, IMHO.

Second favorite background of mine is Zeromus' one. Outerspace background is pretty nifty, I would say. Especially when you're actually in the core of the moon with tons of rock around you. ;)

Third becomes hard. Well, I call it a tie bewteen: Cloud of Darkness' one, Kefka's, Chaos' one, Safer Sephiroth's, True Ultimecia's and Necron's... I just can't deside...

So how about you guys?

Zeromus_X
10-11-2006, 08:07 PM
They all did a good job, here...I'd have to say either Neo X-Death or Yu Yevon's win in terms of trippy psychedelicness.

Jowy
10-11-2006, 08:32 PM
The psychedelic backgrounds during the Neo Ex-Death fight always made me stare through the sprites and at the hypnotic pretty colors. <3

Kefka_Almighty
10-12-2006, 03:13 AM
My favorite would honestly have to have been the background during the fight with Braska's Final Aeon.

In my opinion, I always found the backgrounds for Kefka and Sephiroth during the final fights with them fairly lacking. Kefka's just kind of made me go "eh", and for Safer Sephiroth.......well, there's nothing I like better than just looking at a swirling, white mass. :p

Evastio
10-12-2006, 03:37 AM
I liked FFIV's background. Especially how it was used for the attack Big Bang.

Decessus
10-12-2006, 05:19 AM
Neo-Exdeath for the win.

Bunny
10-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I have always been a big fan of Kefka's character. Almost, if not all, of the other bosses in Final Fantasy games have some sort of mystical factor about them. Kefka was just insane because he volunteered for an experiment gone horribly wrong.

X-Death never really did it for me. It has been awhile since I played Final Fantasy V, and I want to play it again, but from what I remember, he was just a really bad end boss.

DJZen
10-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm definitely gonna have to go with Chaos's FF Origins background.

Elpizo
10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I have always been a big fan of Kefka's character. Almost, if not all, of the other bosses in Final Fantasy games have some sort of mystical factor about them. Kefka was just insane because he volunteered for an experiment gone horribly wrong.

X-Death never really did it for me. It has been awhile since I played Final Fantasy V, and I want to play it again, but from what I remember, he was just a really bad end boss.
This topic is not about who's the best bad guy, it's about the best battlebackground of a bad guy...

Bunny
10-12-2006, 03:29 PM

This topic is not about who's the best bad guy, it's about the best battlebackground of a bad guy...

Ah. Well, that's my fault then. I was going for character background. Eh, I'd still have to say Kefka's. Far more memorable than the rest of them.

Sefie1999AD
10-12-2006, 05:35 PM
I think Neo-Exdeath's Void background was the best final battle background. Zeromus' chaotic background was also cool, and I enjoyed the swirling heavens of FFVII's final battle, FFVI's heaven background and FFI Origins' Space-in-Chaos background. :)

boys from the dwarf
10-12-2006, 06:49 PM
FF1 on DoS is pretty plain.

FF2. pandemonium castle is a really cool looking final destination but the background for fighting the emperor isn't too great. its cool though.

zeromus and neo X-death were similar. i guess the only thing that makes them different is the boss, its attacks and the music.

when i first used the crystal and heard the awesome music it felt great and when neo X-death first emerged it was equally cool.

sephiroths was good but it didn't really impress me. it seemed a little bit plain.

ultimecias is good. the way when she summons greiver, the scene completely changes to a sorceresses, time compressed world or whatever and when the final form comes and theres the dramatic music as well as a cool background it makes it look more impressive but i dont think the background deserves to beat FF4 and 5's.

FF9. hovering at the hill of despair fighting necron. nah.

FFX. actually this is a really good one. you see the dream zanarkand in the background as well as the symbols and stuff and a huge boss. this is among the best.

FFX-2.pretty plain because it nothing magic or insane. huge robots just dont interest me as much as the rest.

i cant decide between FF4 and 5.

could someone post a picture of the FF origins chaos background because i've only seen the DoS.

Elpizo
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
could someone post a picture of the FF origins chaos background because i've only seen the DoS.
It's pretty much the same, I think.

Cruise Control
10-12-2006, 09:19 PM
You know you're a loser when start evaluating backgrounds.

You know you're warned when you personally attack other members. Please do not do this again. ~ Zeromus

Elpizo
10-12-2006, 09:27 PM
You know you're a loser when start evaluating backgrounds.

You know you're warned when you personally attack other members. Please do not do this again. ~ Zeromus
It's kind of sad that all you say is something foolish and thus ruin a topic in which people just look at FB's backgrounds and tell each other which ones they think are the best... I don't see asking opinions as being a 'loser'. So, your point failed, anyway. :)

The Crystal
10-13-2006, 05:48 AM
I see that some people consider Braska's Final Aeon a final boss, and are talking about his background. If this is the case, i think that i can consider Super Trance Kuja a final boss too.
Of the games that i played, he have the best one. All the background is made of crystals, and you can see the Original Crystal behind him.

boys from the dwarf
10-13-2006, 05:26 PM
and kuja is the main villain so i guess he counts.

the crystal world is a great location and it is a big "wow" scene when you fight him so he definetly is among the best.

Fire_Emblem776
10-13-2006, 09:37 PM
FF IV, the moving back ground ^_^

Yuffie514
10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
for all the Final Fantasy games i have played, i have always enjoyed every aspect of the battle with Ultimecia and Griever. it's really neat to have a final showdown in the skies...

DJZen
10-17-2006, 02:34 AM
It's pretty much the same, I think.

It's almost exactly the same, only the one in Origins is higher res, has more colors, and slightly re-done proportions AFAIK.