PDA

View Full Version : what weapon/s did you choose at the start :D?

Markus. D
10-12-2006, 08:03 AM
I chose the wand.

its fun n_n.

Frozen Phantom
10-12-2006, 12:26 PM
wait... in KH1 or KH2...

in both SWORD ALL THE WAY

Rostum
10-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Sword, had the best ability gains early on, and good amount of strength. Magic isn't useful enough IMO.

XandrewX
10-12-2006, 01:38 PM
The weapon we choose on the beggining have what effects on the game later?Can someone tell me the effects for choosing Sword,Shield and the wand...?

Mine:
KH1=Shield(to protect)
KH2=Sword(power to destroy)

Markus. D
10-12-2006, 02:01 PM
KH2 by the way :P

I chose the Sword and Shield in 1.

but KH2 apparently had a more balanced out selection.

so I chose Wand.

and it kicks ass with the correct Keyblades equipped.

and with the weapons abilities... it bassically decides what abilities we will learn before others in the path through the game.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Shield every time.

McLovin'
10-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Choosing either the sword, shield, or wand will just affect the order in which you will learn your abilities. In the end you learn all of them anyways.

Sword ftw.

njmongoose
10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
SWORD!
in both 1 and 2 =p
why?
i only use cure magic and im an agressive fighter(thats why NOT the shield ya?)

SeeDRankLou
10-12-2006, 07:12 PM
They affect the order in which you learn things, but in the first KH it didn't really matter because at the end you were just learning your last Combo and Critical Pluses, which you very easily could have lived without in the first place. In KH2, you actually are giving up something with what you choose because you learn something useful at a very late level 85 and you learn your last usually useful ability at level 99. I have yet to level that high while playing KH2, so I see the level 99 ability as official loss.

With the sword, you learn Second Chance at level 85 and MP Rage at level 99.
With the shield you learn Berserker Charge as level 85 and Thunder Boost at level 99.
With the staff you learn Finisher Plus at level 85 and Lucky Lucky at level 99.

It should also be noted that with the sword you learn Lucky Lucky at level 41 and with the shield at level 53.

So I take several things into account. One, if I want to item hunt, I will never have two Lucky Lucky's if I choose the staff, and I could start at level 41 if I choose the sword.

Two, if I want to do the Hades Paradox Cup, I will have to wait until level 85 to have Second Chance if I choose the sword (and I can't get past the last 10 levels without Second Chance, I've tried repeatedly and it just doesn't happen). Whereas if I choose the other two I can do it as soon as I can make it available.

Three, if I want to do the Hades Paradox Cup in Proud Mode, from level 30-40 I need to spam Thundaga in Final Form (the only way I have found to do that quickly, I'm sure there are other ways but melee just takes too long), and if I choose the Shield I won't be getting Thunder Boost.

Four, if I want to do the Hades Paradox Cup, fight Sephiroth in Proud Mode, or several other things, two MP Rages are better than one. It's completely possible to win the cup or fight Sephiroth with one or even no MP Rages, but it sure makes life quite a bit easier, especially in Proud Mode. If I choose the sword, I will not be getting a second MP Rage. I will get Berserker Charger earlier, but that ability is no guarantee compared with Cure + Leaf Bracer.

Oh, the options. It was so much easier in the first KH, where if you did a similar pros and cons list as I did above the obvious choice is to take the staff and ditch the shield, but this has so many more possibilities, there really is no one choice that is overall better in the grand scheme.

I have choosen the staff, and a lack of a seventh Lucky Lucky really makes item hunting a bit more difficult. But if you choose a spell and stick with it, choosing the staff really helps with the use of magic early on.

I have choosen the sword, and that is uber early on, but then I got to the end of the game, and had the worst trouble beating Sephiroth on Proud because of only one MP Rage. And then I had to level up for a few hours before I could do the Hades Paradox Cup.

I have choosen the shield. First of all, the abilities just happen in a weird order. While playing the Hades Paradox Cup on Proud Mode, spamming Thundaga on levels 31-39 just wasn't happening fast enough, and I kept running out of MP and would have to go melee. And the other spells were too hard to aim properly, even with the Magic Lock-On ability you still have to be in some kind of accurate range. And spamming Magnega doesn't really work with Nobodies as well as one would hope. By some stroke of luck, on my like 20th attempt, while fighting Leon and Cloud, they kept being really close to one another and when I would hit one I would end up hitting both, so I took them down much quicker than normal. But that has never happened before and hasn't happening since, and I don't like relying on luck. And even still, I only like about 5 seconds on the clock when I did beat them, and then ended up dieing in the later round anyway.

So, I officially can't complete the game 100% in Proud Mode while having chosen the shield (yet at least, I'll find a way). But I can with the sword and the staff. So I have found that while they all have their drawbacks, choosing the shield is the worst choice of the three.

Zeromus_X
10-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Always the shield. :cat:

LunarWeaver
10-12-2006, 07:26 PM
I always chose the wand. I wanted to beat things with Mickey ears.

Jowy
10-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi sword, byebye staff.

~SapphireStar~
10-12-2006, 09:15 PM
In KH1, I selected the sword. But in KH2, I chose the shield. Rather have more defense then strength.