PDA

View Full Version : White Elephant

Rusty
10-12-2006, 08:32 AM
This thread is not actually about a White Elephant. But it is about useless devices/technology etc you have bought and never use and continue to hoard in the back of the cupboard. Those revolutionary pie-makers, milk frothers, ice shavers, work-out machines advertised at 1am.

What do you own?

For me, it used to be those writing packs that come with decorated paper and envelopes. Then I discovered e-mail. I still have a heap of those writing packs in my room. Also, alarm clocks. For some reason I own about three. No idea why.

My mum has three different foot spas - never uses any of them. Sometimes throws them out, gives them away or sells them and then somehow she has a new one. I don't know anyone who actually uses those foot spas.

Rainecloud
10-12-2006, 08:49 AM
I bought a iPod last year. It's now gathering dust on my bottom shelf. I think it's a great piece of technology, but I have no cause to use it. I simply don't have the time to listen to it, and I'd rather spend my free time watching wrestling, posting at EoFF and playing retro games. Nothing else fits in.

The BlueTooth earpiece that my GF bought for me last year is also gathering dust. I'll never use it. :p

Meat Puppet
10-12-2006, 08:53 AM
I have a hotdog factory. It got used once, and then began its pilgrimage to the back of the cupboard. I wouldn't be surprised if it's full of spiders and mold now.

blackmage_nuke
10-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I have a hotdog factory. It got used once, and then began its pilgrimage to the back of the cupboard. I wouldn't be surprised if it's full of spiders and mold now.Whats wrong with spider and mold hotdogs?:love:

I have computer speakers, its not like I got them and never used them but after i got headphones they just kinda sit there now on the table next to the computer but not plugged in

Loony BoB
10-12-2006, 09:45 AM
I bought a iPod last year. It's now gathering dust on my bottom shelf. I think it's a great piece of technology, but I have no cause to use it. I simply don't have the time to listen to it, and I'd rather spend my free time watching wrestling, posting at EoFF and playing retro games. Nothing else fits in.
You should put it on eBay or something, or give it someone as a gift. So many people in this world shell out for those things!

I can't think of anything I don't use, actually. My webcam doesn't get much action these days, and I have a router that I stopped using after Lenna (and her two PCs) moved out.

Bunny
10-12-2006, 12:46 PM
I have a Nintendo DS that I haven't turned on for a few months. I just bought a Nintend DS Lite, too.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly why.

Shaun
10-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Um... I don't know really. Things I don't use are my Xbox (which I couldn't sell as it's kinda bust and it's modded), my GP32 (not sold anymore, could be worth something) and my guitar. I used my guitar a couple of years back but I gave up and it's been in the same guitar case ever since. I use my amplifier to put my alarm clock on, next to my bed.

Levian
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Well, it's not an elephant, but there's been an albino moose walking around in Norway lately.

http://www.vg.no/bilder/edrum/1160040594900_931.jpg

As for useless items, I have a penguin that makes kissing sounds when you squeeze it.

Denmark
10-12-2006, 03:59 PM
As for useless items, I have a penguin that makes kissing sounds when you squeeze it.

best item ever. hands down.

um, lessee, useless. a couple of my textbooks have been pretty useless.

~SapphireStar~
10-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I guess mine would also be writing packs. Got loads of Miffy and Hello Kitty ones its silly!

Jowy
10-12-2006, 04:26 PM
The electric can opener that works slower than the hand-operated one. And the one-cup coffee brewer is pretty useless now that I'm living somewhere with a legitimate coffee machine. The megaphone just kind of sits on the floor too, waiting for it's time to shine again.

Yamaneko
10-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I always preferred sitting ducks.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-12-2006, 05:14 PM
My Christmas tree has been up all year and has done nothing but get in the way of everything. I'm just too lazy to move it.

Useless? I have a portable DVD player, but since I don't go anywhere, I just use my regular DVD player. I also have a twin barrel blow gun that's pretty useless. Hmmm, let's see. Well, I have some hubcaps in the garage that haven't been on a car in ages, I have a CD player that hasn't been used in 3 years, and my iPod too doesn't do very much.

Oh yeah, there's this electric massage thingy behind the couch, but that's been sitting there for a while too.

Old Manus
10-12-2006, 05:21 PM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/singing-fish-original.jpg