PDA

View Full Version : DS RPG Titles

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Hey have you noticed that a lot of RPG titles for the DS are coming out of the woodwork lately? It's about time too because RPG titles on the Nintendo DS have been few and far between, plus most of them were/are horrible take Lunar: Dragon Song for example.

Before Christmas Eve, Magical Starsign, Children of Mana, Final Fantasy III, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Ring of Fates will be released. Also there's Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Contact but whether those two games are RPGs or not is debatable. Because IGN said Rocket Slime is a RPG while Gamespot said it's a Fantasy Adventure game.

And Gamespot said Contact is a RPG while IGN said it's an Adventure game. By the way another RPG is in the works Square Enix is developing Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and they plan on releasing it for the DS instead of the PSP.

Rostum
10-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Well, it's still a fairly new handheld. You can see some RPG's starting to come out on PSP as well now.

I'm glad more are coming out.

Nifleheim7
10-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey have you noticed that a lot of RPG titles for the DS are coming out of the woodwork lately? It's about time too because RPG titles on the Nintendo DS have been few and far between, plus most of them were/are horrible take Lunar: Dragon Song for example.

Before Christmas Eve, Magical Starsign, Children of Mana, Final Fantasy III, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Ring of Fates will be released. Also there's Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Contact but whether those two games are RPGs or not is debatable. Because IGN said Rocket Slime is a RPG while Gamespot said it's a Fantasy Adventure game.

And Gamespot said Contact is a RPG while IGN said it's an Adventure game. By the way another RPG is in the works Square Enix is developing Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and they plan on releasing it for the DS instead of the PSP.

Also don't forget Chocobo and the Magic Picturebook!Although i'm not really sure if the game will be out in other countries except Japan...

Jowy
10-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Rocket Slime and Contact are action RPGs.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-12-2006, 08:14 PM
I just found out there are two more RPGs in the works for the Nintendo DS. ASH is being developed by Mistwalker and Tingle RPG is being developed by Nintendo. The U.S. release date for these two games hasn't been decided yet. Also there doesn't appear to be a release date for Europe.

Zeromus_X
10-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Don't forget Tales of the Tempest!

~SapphireStar~
10-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Nice to know we're getting some more handheld RPGs, perfect for those long journeys!

Rainecloud
10-12-2006, 10:09 PM
I've been quite impressed with the release listing, too.

FFIII is the obvious choice, but Ring of Fates looks like a real barn burner.

Vermachtnis
10-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I dunno how many people care, but Digimon Story is hitting the states soon. But I imported so I already gots it. But, that is a fun RPG, even if you aren't a Digimon fan.
I gotta get Tales of the Tempest, too. Tales series rules.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Not to mention that Final Fantasy V GBA is going to come out in November along with Final Fantasy III DS...I know Final Fantasy V: Advance isn't a DS RPG title but the Nintendo DS is backwards compatible with the GBA titles so it doesn't matter if FFV is a DS game or not.