PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Ghosts?

The Devil Man
10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Last night, something very scary happened to Devil Man...

He thought he saw a Ghost! :eek:

BUT...

He didn't! :(

So topic of Thread is: Do you believe in Ghosts? And why?

bipper
10-12-2006, 04:09 PM
I really do not care about Ghosts. If they exist or not, it really does not affect me. It is really hard to say whether I beleive in them or not. I have no real motive to, and I have never looked for them. Other supernatual phenomina intrigues me a lot more.

Polaris
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM
:chuckle: no... not really even though people sometimes say that I look like one :rolleyes2 I don't! :p

Agent Proto
10-12-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm not completely sold on ghosts. On one hand, it's completely possible that ghosts do exists, but on the other, I haven't experienced any ghosts myself so it's hard to say. Some shows do make a rather compelling case about the existence of ghosts.

Levian
10-12-2006, 04:16 PM
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Party/Ghost/Ghost%20-%20Laugh.gif

bipper
10-12-2006, 04:17 PM

gg.g.g.g.g. GOE!ST

~SapphireStar~
10-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Im not sure. I watch shows like Most Haunted and sometimes believe there could be spooks floating around the place. But then I think its a load of rubbish. Im on the fench with this one.

Bunny
10-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Pretty indifferent to it all. I may have seen a ghost once. But it is also possible that it was the light playing tricks on me.

bipper
10-12-2006, 05:02 PM
But then I think its a load of rubbish. Im on the fench with this one.

I think you meant to say "on the french"? :tongue:

RiseToFall
10-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Only Casper, cause he's friendly.

~SapphireStar~
10-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Only Casper, cause he's friendly.
But Stinky, Stretch and Fatso were coolio!

Rainecloud
10-12-2006, 05:18 PM
I believe in devils/demons of Satan posing as ghosts.

They act as "Children of Light", as the Bible says.

Breine
10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm not completely sold on ghosts. On one hand, it's completely possible that ghosts do exists, but on the other, I haven't experienced any ghosts myself so it's hard to say. Some shows do make a rather compelling case about the existence of ghosts.

Yup, that's exactly what I think too. I mean, ghosts probably don't exist, but there really isn't any proof that say they don't so they might as well be around I guess...

bipper
10-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I believe in devils/demons of Satan posing as ghosts.

They act as "Children of Light", as the Bible says.

These are the only ghosts that I'd beleive in. It may be semantical, but I still call em demons. Thus the 'other paranormal' reference in my post :)

Christmas
10-12-2006, 06:01 PM

LEVIAN SECOND ACCOUNT. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=9743) :eek:

Rocket Edge
10-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Yeah.

theundeadhero
10-12-2006, 07:29 PM
ZOMBIES DON'T EXIST!

Rye
10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah, but only people with my "gifts" can see them. But don't tell anyone, because I don't want them to talk on the talkies. ;__;

LunarWeaver
10-12-2006, 07:40 PM
No, I don't believe in ghosts :( But the word itself is wonderfully fun to say in my opinion.

Ryushikaze
10-12-2006, 07:43 PM

Yup, that's exactly what I think too. I mean, ghosts probably don't exist, but there really isn't any proof that say they don't so they might as well be around I guess...

You got your rational method on backwards. While they might be around, there isn't any proof that says they do, hence they probably do not exist.

fantasyjunkie
10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
ok, I belive in ghosts but also think there is a scientific explanation. For example, a poltergeist that throws things around may be a being that is not visible in our light spectrum. Or maybe one of those ghosts that look like the person that died my be nothing more than some kind of telepathic footprint left over from a violent or sudden death.

Anaisa
10-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Yes, I do believe in ghosts. I've seen a ghost, an experienced paranormal activity on numerous occasions. Last night actually being one of the most interesting occasions.

Pete for President
10-12-2006, 10:01 PM
I believe in ghosts, but I always think it's hard discussing these kind of subjects with other people. I usually keep those thoughts to myself, except for when I drink too much.

Venom
10-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I Believe in Ghosts but only to a certain extent.

Kuroshima
10-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes, just cause you know.... They are like dead people whos souls cannot rest.

Madame Adequate
10-13-2006, 12:24 AM
I would say no to this, except someone I trust very, very much has relayed to me their experience with a ghost. They are probably delusional, but I'm unwilling to admit that about them. And they're entirely coherent and sensible in all other faculties.

Hawkeye
10-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Technically, I cannot say either or, because I do not have the experience nor do I have any proof that I do. However, I cannot say that I have not seen proof that ghosts do exist, therfore they do not exist, according to the arguement from ignorance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance). I can only say they might exist, but that doesn't prove that it does exist.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-13-2006, 12:42 AM
How many threads does this make? Like, 8136?

Anyway, I believe in ghosts.

bipper
10-13-2006, 04:44 AM
NO I WILL NOT SPIN POTTERY WITH YOU DEVIL MAN! :mad2: :mad2:

*10 points for easy reference.

Araciel
10-13-2006, 04:46 AM
no. i have no reason to believe.

Ryushikaze
10-13-2006, 04:57 AM
Technically, I cannot say either or, because I do not have the experience nor do I have any proof that I do. However, I cannot say that I have not seen proof that ghosts do exist, therfore they do not exist, according to the arguement from ignorance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance). I can only say they might exist, but that doesn't prove that it does exist.

Not quite. It is not fallacious to conclude the negative case in the presence of no evidence. In fact, it is good rational thinking.

Where the fallacy comes in when it becomes a matter not of the evidence but of the conviction. "I can't imagine such a thing as ghosts, therefore they cannot exist", "I don't understand evolution, therefore it cannot work", or any such state where your conclusion precedes your analysis, in a refusal to consider. It is not fallacious to examine the evidence, or lack of it, and come to a conclusion from there, so long as one is willing to revise one's conclusion based on further data.

Ashi
10-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Depends on what "ghosts" are. Ghosts being spirits of dead people? Nope, don't believe in that. However, I do believe in the extraordinary and that there is more intelligent life out there =p whether you want to refer to them as ghosts or aliens is entirely up to you.

Rosenti
10-13-2006, 06:39 PM
im a full beilever, cause ive expierenced so much with them, either theyre real or im insane...

trust me, i wouldnt want either!

Quindiana Jones
10-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Considering how I've died so many times, I must assume that ghosts are real.

NorthernChaosGod
10-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Just like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny, ghosts don't exist to anyone of rational thought.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Not really, no. The other thread about ghostly visions that was made about the time I joined, however, was rather convincing, and I have had situations that, with a little imagination, would likely prove their existence myself, as I said in that thread.

escobert
10-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Yep, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO