PDA

View Full Version : Do you Keep or Exchange/Trade-In your Games?

The Devil Man
10-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Recently I bought a Nintendo 64 again and I have about 20 games for it already (a whole bunch of classics too, like Pilotwings 64, Mario64, StarFox64, Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark and so on...)

This is probably my favourite console but I'm kinda filled with regrets too. About 2 years ago I traded in my Nintendo 64 and I gave away 4 games which I really loved and hope I come across again very soon. These 4 were Mystical Ninja, Donkey Kong 64, Castlevania 64 and Bomberman 64 (Damn it, how many times have I written '64'?) It was a bad mistake.

So my Topic is: Do you Keep your Games always, or do you Trade-In/Exchange your Games?

I've learnt my lesson and nowadays I keep all my games, unless I have bought something that is an absolute dog (which isn't very often since I check reviews before I buy). I have a whole load of classics in my collection (like Nights Into Dreams, Christmas Nights, Rez and many others) and I virtually never get rid of my games, even when I complete them. The only time I do trade-in a game is if there is a better version of the same title, ie, Ninja Gaiden ---> Ninja Gaiden Black or Devil May Cry 3 ---> Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

If I want to buy a new game, I'll just save up my money slowly or wait until the price gets reduced.

What about you?

Black Mage FF1
10-12-2006, 04:50 PM
If I don't play the game anymore I usually trade it in. No reason for it to sit there and collect dust.

XandrewX
10-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Kept them..

RiseToFall
10-12-2006, 05:06 PM
I keep all my games, it's my collection.:)

Dreddz
10-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I usually keep. On one or two rare occasions Ive sold a game.

FallenAngel411
10-12-2006, 05:22 PM
If there is absolutely no way in hell I will ever play it again, its trade-in time.

Rainecloud
10-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Devil Man is not talking in third person. Rainecloud is both shocked and disturbed.

I only keep my games if they're absolutely excellent, or if I already have them on my PC. I don't need my original NES, SNES, Genesis/Megadrive, Master System, Game Gear, Game Boy or N64 game cartridges anymore, for that very reason.

I keep all the decent PS, Gamecube and XBox 360 games, and trade in the ones that aren't up to my lofty standards.

Jowy
10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I'll trade something in if I know I'm not going to replay it again. Unless it's something obscenely rare, then I'll be holding onto it.

Captain Maxx Power
10-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm usually very good at always getting games I'll like (I very rarely buy games on a whim), so I generally have less of an inclination to sell them.

NINJA_Ryu
10-12-2006, 05:55 PM
I'll trade something in if I know I'm not going to replay it again. Unless it's something obscenely rare, then I'll be holding onto it.

~SapphireStar~
10-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I do tend to trade some in for other games or cash, but if I have any rare games that I barely play, I still keep them.

Araciel
10-13-2006, 03:04 AM
i tend to get bored quickly...i trade in most if not all of my games

ljkkjlcm9
10-13-2006, 03:05 AM
I still have every single game I have ever bought, and will always keep them, forever and ever

THE JACKEL

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-13-2006, 03:09 AM
If the games I buy are defective or if I need money to buy a next-generation console like the Wii I trade them in for game credit at GameStop.

RiseToFall
10-13-2006, 03:10 AM
I still have every single game I have ever bought, and will always keep them, forever and ever

THE JACKAL

That's the way to go buddy.

tan
10-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Well, for me, it depends. I keep all of my games unless I'm in serious need of cash (or store credit, rather) for a game I want, and it's usually games I don't much play anymore or don't think I'll play. For games I really like (Resident Evil 4, Dragon Quest VIII, all Final Fantasy games) I keep them.

Vermachtnis
10-13-2006, 03:46 AM
I try and keep all my games. Only if I'm strapped for cash and really want another game.

LunarWeaver
10-13-2006, 04:26 AM
I replay through my games an obscene amount of times, and I make as sure as possible I want it before I buy it... So generally always keepers for me. I'm one of those people who would sell a game and want to play it the instant it was gone.

edczxcvbnm
10-13-2006, 05:49 AM
I usually keep my games. This generation though...I worked at gamestop and bought too many used games when they had big sales. I just traded a bunch of them in. I could have sold them on ebay...but then I have to worry about stuff that I am not good at. Such as being a time oriented person.

Del Murder
10-14-2006, 07:22 AM
The last time I traded in games was to buy Earthbound. It came in a big box and was awesome.

fantasyjunkie
10-14-2006, 07:57 AM
If I don't use something, I get rid of it. An exception is my ORIGINAL copy of FF7. I'm taking that with me to my grave.

Xander
10-14-2006, 08:24 AM
keepkeep. I traded in a couple then really regretted it especially when they were games I'd done eveeerything in. Boo. Though I may exchange mario I never play it! And I'm not attached to it. If I really didnt like a game or have much fun with it at all I might trade it in. But usually it's not worth it... I can generally afford to just buy the new game anyway. xD *spendaholic*

Denmark
10-14-2006, 08:29 AM
keepies for me. all games have infinite replay value.

Germ Hamee
10-14-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm one of those people who would sell a game and want to play it the instant it was gone.

Exactly! What more reason does one need to keep their games? I think that trade-ins are a huge rip-off, anyway. If I really despise the game (like some game called Haven that came with my PS2), I'll sell it on eBay for a real profit.

It's not anything I have to worry about. I'm really picky with what I spend my money on, and have never bought a game I didn't like.

Ashi
10-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Devil Man is not talking in third person. Rainecloud is both shocked and disturbed.

:p

I keep my games because I don't think there's a place to trade them around here. There aren't even that many game stores/communities. Stores won't take back used games.

Roto13
10-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Mystical Ninja

<3! I'm not sure which Mystical Ninja you mean (since there were two for N64), but I wish you luck in your search for this masterpiece.

Anyway, I keep almost every game I buy. If I don't, I sell them myself. You'd have to be an idiot to sell a game at GameStop for, like, $5.

KentaRawr!
10-14-2006, 05:39 PM
The only game I've ever traded in was Mr. Driller Drill Spirits. It was teh sux.

Reine
10-14-2006, 07:42 PM
I traded in a lot of games to get my GBA SP.

I wish I still had them :(

Agent Proto
10-14-2006, 08:07 PM
I keep most of the games I buy, but in the cases that the game really sucks or I need help to purchase a game, I'll trade/exchange some games.

Ryth
10-14-2006, 09:45 PM
I only get rid of them if they suck. If I like them, I always keep them.

XxSephirothxX
10-14-2006, 09:48 PM
I only keep games I feel a special attachment towards, want to keep for replay (or multiplayer) value, or that I can't get much money for. I probably trade in about half of what I buy; maybe more than that, though often I'll have had them for years.

Fire_Emblem776
10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
uh I am not parting with my Chronotriger, FF III, or Secret of mana cartridge ^_^

Or was it legend?

Vincent, Thunder God
10-15-2006, 12:40 AM
When I was younger and inexperienced in the world of gaming, I tried trading in games once or twice. Then I realized how terribly low the trade-in money received was. I think you can get maybe 4 dollars Canadian for a current gen game in trade-in money! That's ridiculous. I keep all my games now. Sometimes I sell them to my friends if I particularly don't like them, for 10$ apeice. That's more like it!

ama124
10-15-2006, 04:58 AM
I have traded in games and got rid of them. Or rather my brothers did because it was thier games. Some of them were mine and some of them were theres but they usually do something with them

I just found out they got rid of FFVIII and i really wanted to play it again. Guess i cant now :rolleyes2 . Sort of upsetting.

I Am Stoner
10-15-2006, 05:01 AM
Traded in. I keep a few, but most of them I trade in.

Galbadian Soldier
10-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Well now I only get rid of games I hardly ever play and/or are boring. I used to just trade in anything until about a 8 or 9 months ago.

i used to have 16 DS games, now I'm done to 3 :eep: I definitly regret that now. but now that so many rpg's are coming out and the Wii next month, I have no money to get my DS collection back. :mad:

Spammerman
10-16-2006, 01:37 AM
Castlevania 64 rocked my socks. Excpecially the huge skeleton dude at the beginnin. The girl rocked. I dont keep/trade orr exchange my games. I do something far worse. I lose them:(