PDA

View Full Version : What You'd Like To See in FF....

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, I was reading in the FFXIII thread, and sparked an unusually long response in one of my posts. Still, it was short however, and that got me thinking about the things I really wanted to see (but never did) in FF. So, what have you wanted to see in FF and why? I'll list mine for the heck of it, and don't take this as b****ing or whining, I like the games how they are. These are just a few things I'd like to someday see in the game.

#1, I've always wanted MULTIPLAYER to come back. Since FF6 had it, I was addicted and would always play it with my friend after school and had some good memories.

#2, There have been certain characters that I've really wanted to see, but haven't seen one, or one that fit the bill quite right. It was mentioned before, but I would personally love to see a front line fighting girl (Tifa wasn't an intimidating fighter). She reminded me of barbie. A girl that (as stated before), is a very good fighter but still retains her female side and grace (and heaven forbid, beauty). I mean like, I want to see a graceful looking lady with a sword (not Cloud sword, but more like a shorter Sephiroth's sword) that has a lot of strength as a fighter, and maybe a little magic power too.

#3, I DON'T WANT TO EVER SEE ANOTHER LOVE STORY AGAIN!!! I hate love stories, and I think that they should only be optional for the player. Also, to add, I'd love to see it possible to have multiple outcomes for romances. Say, (using FF7 as an example), Cloud could work on a relationship with Yuffie. It'd be awkward, but amusing.

#4, Another Zidane-esque main character. At least, one that's not really messed up. I want to see the main character as a 20 year old guy who has a decent life and joins an army. But his country is corrupt, so he has to decide on what is right.

#5, I want to see a really stupid (mentally) person in an FF (not Rikku). I mean like, Kelso from that 70's show, stupid. A real comic relief.

#6, I think it'd be cool if you could make your own character and obtain them as a side quest, so that the story isn't ruined. Midget with a hammer!!

#7, different weapons. *thinks of Quistis and her sexy look* *drools, bzzztttt!!!* (keyboard shorts out). *Logs in another computer*. But seriously, I want someone that just has a pouch full of bombs, and he uses those bombs to chuck at enemies. Or an archer. What the hell happened to the archers?

#8, I want to see an FF where two of the main characters are already married. Doing a marriage skit between the two would be fun stuff.

#9, (most of all), I want to see an FF with ordinary-ish people. Just regular peasants that decide to rally together in a good cause. I don't want to listen to how someone is supernatural and chosen or a mutated science project gone mad, I just want a regular guy or girl that gets pissed off one day and decides to fight. That would be the people's Final Fantasy, and one we can all relate to well.

These are my thoughts, now time for yours.

The Crystal
10-13-2006, 07:18 AM
#2, There have been certain characters that I've really wanted to see, but haven't seen one, or one that fit the bill quite right. It was mentioned before, but I would personally love to see a front line fighting girl (Tifa wasn't an intimidating fighter). She reminded me of barbie. A girl that (as stated before), is a very good fighter but still retains her female side and grace (and heaven forbid, beauty). I mean like, I want to see a graceful looking lady with a sword (not Cloud sword, but more like a shorter Sephiroth's sword) that has a lot of strength as a fighter, and maybe a little magic power too.

Then play FFIX. Her name is Beatrix.

What i want to see, is a FF world where all the houses of all the cities are locked, like in the real world. And if you try to enter in one of them without permission, you are catched and send to jail. :D

Seriouslly, what i want to see is a MAIN female villain. But not one that appear only in the end of the game(Cloud of Darkness), or one that we don't know that was the villainess until half of the game(Ultimecia). I want a villainess that appear during all the story(Like Kefka or Kuja) and that is strong, powerfull, cunning, manipulative, with a good past, and good personality. And with beauty, of course.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Then play FFIX. Her name is Beatrix.

I know. I meant less of an NPC, which Beatrix kind of is.

Going to jail would be funny, I like it.

ljkkjlcm9
10-13-2006, 12:42 PM
#9, (most of all), I want to see an FF with ordinary-ish people. Just regular peasants that decide to rally together in a good cause. I don't want to listen to how someone is supernatural and chosen or a mutated science project gone mad, I just want a regular guy or girl that gets pissed off one day and decides to fight. That would be the people's Final Fantasy, and one we can all relate to well.

That's called FFVI. Mostly ever character was just someone in the world who decides to fight back against the empire. The only special person is Terra. Edgar is a king, Locke is just a treasure hunter, Banon and the Returners are just regular people. Sabin is basically a wanderer, Cyan was a knight at a poisoned kingdom, Gau was a boy who lived in the wild, Shadow was definitely a wanderer, Celes use to work for the empire, Setzer was also a wanderer, with an airship, Relm and Strago were from a town that was basically forgotten. Mog was just some regular moogle. My point is, a lot of them are just regular people from around the world who join together.

THE JACKEL

DJZen
10-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Barely anyone in FFVI could be considered normal. Terra's story is the most obvious example. Cyan had his family and home needlessly destroyed. Shadow kills people for money. Moogles aren't real, and most can't even talk the way Mog does. None of this is what we call "normal", and it's just what jumps to mind right away. Anyway, suprisingly, I find myself agreeing with My_car_is_faster_than_you on most of those counts.

ljkkjlcm9
10-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Barely anyone in FFVI could be considered normal. Terra's story is the most obvious example. Cyan had his family and home needlessly destroyed. Shadow kills people for money. Moogles aren't real, and most can't even talk the way Mog does. None of this is what we call "normal", and it's just what jumps to mind right away. Anyway, suprisingly, I find myself agreeing with My_car_is_faster_than_you on most of those counts.

I said besides Terra. And besides her, they're mostly normal people that just had bad things happen to them. Cyan was a normal soldier/knight in his kingdom, which got poisoned, which caused him to raise arms against the empire. This doesn't change the fact that he's normal, just that something abnormal happened to him. Other people like Edgar are in positions of power and fight back. That's far more believable, that a king would be leading his kingdom against an evil empire, than some random Joe from the street who has no power or influence. But MOST of the characters are normal people, some had bad things happen to them.

THE JACKEL

boys from the dwarf
10-13-2006, 05:17 PM
kefka was sort of a comic relief enemy because of what a joker he was. and i like the love stories. im not sure if a crazy character like kefka would work with the voices and graphics of the new FFs.

i agree with the two player thing.

perhaps being able to customize characters in a slightly more advanced way than name and job system would be a good thing to experiment with. but it could go horribly wrong.

anyway. my ideas.

i'd sort of like to see the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse as summons.

and references are nearly always good things. i dont have many ideas right now.

Dell
10-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Well, I was reading in the FFXIII thread, and sparked an unusually long response in one of my posts. Still, it was short however, and that got me thinking about the things I really wanted to see (but never did) in FF. So, what have you wanted to see in FF and why? I'll list mine for the heck of it, and don't take this as b****ing or whining, I like the games how they are. These are just a few things I'd like to someday see in the game.

#1, I've always wanted MULTIPLAYER to come back. Since FF6 had it, I was addicted and would always play it with my friend after school and had some good memories.

#3, I DON'T WANT TO EVER SEE ANOTHER LOVE STORY AGAIN!!! I hate love stories, and I think that they should only be optional for the player. Also, to add, I'd love to see it possible to have multiple outcomes for romances. Say, (using FF7 as an example), Cloud could work on a relationship with Yuffie. It'd be awkward, but amusing.

#4, Another Zidane-esque main character. At least, one that's not really messed up. I want to see the main character as a 20 year old guy who has a decent life and joins an army. But his country is corrupt, so he has to decide on what is right.

#5, I want to see a really stupid (mentally) person in an FF (not Rikku). I mean like, Kelso from that 70's show, stupid. A real comic relief.

#6, I think it'd be cool if you could make your own character and obtain them as a side quest, so that the story isn't ruined. Midget with a hammer!!

#7, different weapons. *thinks of Quistis and her sexy look* *drools, bzzztttt!!!* (keyboard shorts out). *Logs in another computer*. But seriously, I want someone that just has a pouch full of bombs, and he uses those bombs to chuck at enemies. Or an archer. What the hell happened to the archers?

#8, I want to see an FF where two of the main characters are already married. Doing a marriage skit between the two would be fun stuff.

These are my thoughts, now time for yours.

1. Multi-player: Final Fantasy IX
2. Final Fantasy XII. Penelo, Ashe and Fran Really, all of FF female character still have their own female personality
3. Final Fantasy XII No love at all but you can guess
4. Locke of Final Fantasy VI and Vaan of Final Fantasy XII
5. Final Fantasy XIIJule IS! He's crazy eventhough, he doesn't, he made you search the nine leaves but he already have enough leaves. Pay him 1500 gil for an info and he says go and talk to people. Asshole.
6. Final Fantasy I but they're not optional and you chose their job.
7. Final Fantasy XII Measures, Poles, Hammers, Hand-bombs, Bows, Guns etc.
8. Final Fantasy XII Main Character married a main character but died at the beginning of the game, that's why there's no love in FFXII.
9. Final Fantasy XII SHORTCUT: The Kingdom of Dalmasca falls at the hand of Kingdom of Archadia. Vaan and Penelo are orphans who do errands given by their guardian, Migelo. All three of them are Dalmascan. Balthier and Fran are sky pirate (In our word, pilot)(Also a treasure hunter), they often cause trouble and is in the wanted list. Ashe is the princess of Dalmasca, Dalmascan was told that Ashe kill herself when the kingdom fall but Ashe is not dead, she's hiding and creating the group of resistant against Archadia. Basch was a knight of Dalmasca and Dalmascan call him traitor because he kill the king (It was not him, his brother). Vaan is like Zidane, a thief. So, when Archadia consul is having a big dinner at the Dalmasca's palace (Rabanastre), Vaan decided to steal something from the palace (Penelo try to stop him but she can't). And he did by sneaking in and when he found the treasure, Balthier and Fran enter and want to claim the treasure. Imperials found them and they have to escape. Escaping through the waterway, they found a girl named Amalia, she is searching for her team. Soon, Imperials captured them and Amalia was placed in the different dungeon than the other three. Fran found a way to escape and they did, on their way, they found Basch and he was stored in a secret dungeon, Vaan sounds are too loud (Vaan's brother, Reks was killed by Basch but again, it was his brother, who did that) and the imperials know what to do. Knowing Basch as traitor, they refused to work together but was forced due to something.....So they made it back to Rabanastre, only to found Penelo was caught by Balthier's hunter. The hunter says that Penelo was in the Lhusu Mines, so it's off to there. A kid named Ramon want to help you because he has an errand to do the mines, after venturing in a little, they learnt that Penelo escaped from the hunter. Balthier was shocked by Ramon knowledge of the empire and ask him about his knowledge. Ramon quickly run away and the team run after him. Outside, they found out that Ramon is Larsa Ferrines Solidor, emperor's fourth son. Penelo was also there and is taken. The team decided to sneak aboard their airship by a little something. They discover that Amalia was Princess Ashe and quickly run to save her, and Penelo was also there. And Larsa was not a bad guy either. So it begins......so you see, they are just normal.<--Do not view this if you're afraid of being spoiled too much.

Sorry, mods, if this is not allowed.

bipper
10-13-2006, 06:16 PM
I want to see another final fantasy VI. At least something half as good.

The Crystal
10-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey vivi_ultima, i thought that in FFXII that sky pirate and that woman with rabbit ears love each other.

Dell
10-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey vivi_ultima, i thought that in FFXII that sky pirate and that woman with rabbit ears love each other.

No, they don't. It's just a rumor. They have no relationship other than being sky pirates and travel together. Fran is way too older for Balthier (Her age is more than 50).

vweet
10-14-2006, 10:00 AM
i'd like to see a character with over maximum stats that is unlockable once you have completed everything in the game and have enough money so it wouldn't affect much and it would only be to play around with

Dragon Mage
10-17-2006, 02:37 AM

Finally a kindred spirit! Where have you been?!
Add to the above quote that she duel wields longswords and is one of those females who hasn't evolved beyond the need of armor, or at the very least, concealing clothes. (in other words, a T-shirt and pants. Not a bra and panties.)

LunarWeaver
10-17-2006, 05:15 AM
Thingies I want to see in an FF game:

*You get to be the villain. Maybe Versus-XIII, but I'm not holding my breath. What can I say, I'm tired of saving the world... I think I wanna destroy it now.

*You get to choose the romantic interest. Ah, the scary couples I would pair together. I'll spare you all any examples.

*A job system that separates stats and abilities. Equip one stat set and one ability set, is what I mean. As in you can equip a Knight's stats with a White Mage's abilites and make yourself essentially a "Holy Knight". Something like FFXII's license board system, except they're equippable and there's two of them, of course. Tactics is pretty much this I guess...so whatever. An expansion on the idea, there.

*A chocobo and a moogle having sexual relations.

*A Dark Orchid branch of magic. You know you want it.

* A Final Fantasy storyline with Grandia's battle system :grover: Of course, that's just ripping off Enix...but I don't care.

James16
10-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Thats what Im sayin Lunar, you get to be that dude that;s destroying everything and you get to kill all the 'heros'. Also i think that there should be more stuff you can do such as more side quests and stuff you can do only after you beat the game. So when you beat it ,its like not boring to play afterwards, and i think they should make the boss Death from castlevaina curse of darkness as a summon you can get and use. Then you have a wide range of species of chacaters you can make you lead char as. You could chose to make your dude a demon, or a vampire or a werewolf or a thing like the beast that chick uranus turns into from bloody roar 4.

Dragon Mage
10-25-2006, 04:33 AM
If you want that, you should play Morrowind or D&D.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Essentially, you're way more likely to get those from an American RPG than you are from a Japanese RPG, Final Fantasy or otherwise. Especially American RPGs based off the D20 system.

I'll have a list eventually, my brain's a bit nonfunctioning right now.

James16
10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
coo. Well when ya tha list let me know. Cause i love bien evil an i love killin stuff an i love evil lookin things!!=)

Wolf Kanno
10-26-2006, 07:41 PM
I have a feeling that FFXII is going to do a few things I wanted to see in the series for awhile. For that reason, I'll try not to add them to the list.

I would like to have a Chocobo as an actual character (Boko from FFV and Tactics don't count)

I want another steam punk setting like FFVI.

I want a rougish main character (I don't mean a thief) someone who isn't afraid to play dirty and has less than honorable reasons for helping.

Please tone down the summoners, I know they are cool and all but damn, they've been in the spotlight for three games now. We need a bumbling male summoner (the villiage idiot) who is really nice but can't quite summon right. Everytime he tries to summon Leviathan or Bahamut he instead summons a Chocobo or a moogle. Hell, he can have a backtalking, disgruntled moogle as a side kick(like a cross between Mog and Cid Highwind) who always reminds him of his incompetence...

I would love to see the Tactics Job Class system put into a main stream game (though we'll have to alter a few things...)

More Black mages!!!

I want a sky world, an FF that's all about the airships and not FFXII's Star Wars inspired ones. Classic FFIX style ships

A villian that doesn't want world domination, to become a god, or to destroy all of existence. A villian that may actually have the right idea about what to do.

Please, tone down the science fiction... No more time travel, gentic experiments, ressurection of super civilizations, trips to outer space, modern guns and weaponry, and aliens. I don't want this to disappear completely just hold off on it for awhile. It's getting to the point where I feel Tetsuya Nomura is incapable of actually doing a traditional (As Tolkien would have wanted) fantasy game.

More Amano!!!

And after FFXII, no more evil empires, corporations, kingdoms, and rogue states. As well as the resistance and rebellion groups that are formed to defeat them.

I'll shut up now... :mog:

YTDN
10-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I'd like more characters with weird weapons. Like scythes. Go scythes! We also need more bows.

I'd also like a team with the girls doing the physical attacking and the guys doing the magicky magic.

And I agree with Wolf Kanno, we need less evil empires and good rebels. We should have an actual good empire, and evil rebels!

Ashley Schovitz
10-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I want whatever Hironobu Sakaguchi wants. Come on now if you had your own RPG company you wouldn't want to hear a lot of complaints from so called fans and other people constantly telling you how the way your games should be it only matters if you're happy with it yourself. Just let the man do what he wants.

Laddy
10-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Things I want:

*A world with Earth-Like countries, I did that with my made-up FF's.
*A dragon or cat person, same as above.
*Some twins, like Eddie and Sabo. (I'm a twin, and once again this applies to fake FF's.
*Last, but certainly not least, a REALLY REALLY REALLY nice villian. Or someone who's doing evil to do good, anyway. (Applies as well.)

Frozen Phantom
10-26-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't know about you guys, but 1 thing i want in a FF game is to be EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im tired of always being the good guy, for at least 1 ff I want to be the villain

Darth Cid
10-27-2006, 12:09 AM

Wait a minute, this is a first, an FF fan who doesn't like love stories. In some of the best Final Fantasies romance is half the story. It appeals to me because I like a good love story be I can't be arsed to read through a loooooong novel so I have to disagreee with you. I think it's good that Square tries to put a romantic element into Final Fantasy.

Now then, I want to see something this year that doesn't have VII anywhere in the smurfing title.

Wolf Kanno
10-27-2006, 08:12 AM
[quote]

Now then, I want to see something this year that doesn't have VII anywhere in the smurfing title.

I second that notion. :mog:

Dreddz
10-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I just want the World Map to come back.

James16
10-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't know about you guys, but 1 thing i want in a FF game is to be EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im tired of always being the good guy, for at least 1 ff I want to be the villain

i completly and 100% agreee with you. BOO GOOD GUYS!! im so sick of the cheery an mushy,ment to be a tear jerker endings! I dont want the world to be alright i want it to explode!!:exdee:

Dragon Mage
10-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Whoa. Now I'm really afraid for the world. Since there's actually that many people that want to destroy it...I see nuclear war coming.

I want whatever Hironobu Sakaguchi wants. Come on now if you had your own RPG company you wouldn't want to hear a lot of complaints from so called fans and other people constantly telling you how the way your games should be it only matters if you're happy with it yourself. Just let the man do what he wants.

We're just giving the man some ideas (on how to make a bigger profit.) Why wouldn't he listen to us?

The spinoffs'll keep coming until they finally give in and remake FF7. You want the spinoffs to stop? Then join the petition to remake 7. :)

A world with Earth-Like countries, I did that with my made-up FF's.

an interesting request, since the whole point of these games is to leave this world....hmmmmm.....

Laddy
11-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Maybe an FF with a character that's older than 16.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Maybe another FF game that is playable on the PS1 for us tight people

Wolf Kanno
11-19-2006, 08:43 AM
[quote]Now then, I want to see something this year that doesn't have VII anywhere in the smurfing title.

The spinoffs'll keep coming until they finally give in and remake FF7. You want the spinoffs to stop? Then join the petition to remake 7. :)

quote]

Not until they remake a GOOD Final Fantasy ;)

DarkLadyNyara
11-20-2006, 04:05 AM
1. A major female villan (and FFII doesn't count ;) ) One who is clearly the villan from the beginning.

2. A female main character who isn't a mage, doesn't wear next to nothing, and doesn't moon over the male lead. :rolleyes2 The earliest ones are fairly good in that respect, actually.

3. Older characters who stand a logical chance at winning.

4. Lack of sappy love stories. I don't mind a bit of romance, but VIII was a travesty. :mad:

5. More "fantasy", less technology.

6. Villans who are not out to destroy existance, become gods, ect. None of this "fate of the world" stuff. Just some good old fashioned greed. Kinda like the first half of FFII.

7. Beleivable backstory on the above.

8. A world that is not shaped like a donut. Is this too much to ask? :(

9. I'd like to be a villan. Barring that, an anti-hero. Someone who isn't clearly on the side of good. :radred:

Darth Cid
11-20-2006, 05:13 AM
[quote]Now then, I want to see something this year that doesn't have VII anywhere in the smurfing title.

quote]

Not until they remake a GOOD Final Fantasy ;)

QFFT

Laddy
11-20-2006, 10:08 AM
[quote=DarkLadyNyara;1989218]5. More "fantasy", less technology.

Hmmm.... technology > fantasy.

Rocket Edge
11-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I like for them to bring back a kind of school theme, like in FF8..

Rase
11-21-2006, 12:15 AM
5. More "fantasy", less technology.
Win.

"Alternative" weapons (those not used much anymore, such as the bow, flail, axe, etc.) would be a welcome return. I would also like to see a return of the system where characters could use different types of weapons. For example, in FFIV, Paladin Cecil can use bows, swords, axes, daggers, and some staffs. Likewise, Edge could use katanas, daggers, claws, and boomerangs. Granted, you usually wouldn't want to equip the characters with some weapons, but it was still nice I thought.

Ragna53
11-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Yes, less machines and guns and maybe put more clothes on girls. We dont need a Dead or Alive RPG

Dragon Mage
11-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally Bespoken by Dragon Mage View Post

The spinoffs'll keep coming until they finally give in and remake FF7. You want the spinoffs to stop? Then join the petition to remake 7.

quote]

Not until they remake a GOOD Final Fantasy

QFFT

It's worth a shot, donch'ya think? XD