PDA

View Full Version : pointless creatures.

boys from the dwarf
10-13-2006, 09:40 PM
im sure you all know how those annoying daddy long legs flying spiders suddenly appear in the 100's to annoy you.

so what is the point in their lives?

they live only to reproduce and keep their species alive. they have such short lifespans that it seems cruel to kill them but they dont really have lives.

they live only to keep each other alive. thats not living, thats just existing.

so what is your opinion on things like this? i guess they will evolve at some point but it doesn't seem likely they'll evolve into anything with much of a point or use.

Rye
10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
They exist so that I can lap them up with my long sticky tongue. :quina:

Shiny
10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I bet they think we're pointless.

KentaRawr!
10-13-2006, 09:45 PM
im sure you all know how those annoying daddy long legs flying spiders suddenly appear in the 100's to annoy you.

so what is the point in their lives?

they live only to reproduce and keep their species alive. they have such short lifespans that it seems cruel to kill them but they dont really have lives.

they live only to keep each other alive. thats not living, thats just existing.

so what is your opinion on things like this? i guess they will evolve at some point but it doesn't seem likely they'll evolve into anything with much of a point or use.

We all live to live. It just so happens that some of us live by taking away something another one doesn't need. Unless you put humans into the mix. :tongue:

boys from the dwarf
10-13-2006, 09:47 PM
yes but how come we can so thoughtlessly stomp on bugs and spiders yet care so much for cats and dogs? were all unique and much more advanced. we have lives, they just exist and die.

KentaRawr!
10-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Think about what you live for. While we (in some ways) help the chain of animals live, we mainly live because we have the instinct to do so, and we have emotions to back that up with reason. We squish bugs because they're tiny, pointless, we can't percieve their emotions, and they can't fight back. But they still have the instinct to live, and they probably have something that backs up their will to live for them, whether it be emotions like us, or some other thing.

boys from the dwarf
10-13-2006, 09:56 PM
yeah.

they have such tiny minds that they probably work mainly on instincts and dont have thoughts like we do. still. i try to avoid killing flies and bugs.

KentaRawr!
10-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Anyway, to avoid going off-topic, I hate common house flies. They're so annoying! >_< Spiders eat them, so I have no idea why everyone stomps spiders. >.>

Jowy
10-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I question the existance of the platypus. It just seems like it's kind of there.

Sylvie
10-13-2006, 10:00 PM
People really suck. Annoying bastards.

Rye
It proves that beavers and ducks can have love affairs.

Lindy
I'm sure you all know how those annoying humans suddenly appear in the 1,000,000's to annoy you.

So what is the point in their lives?

They live only to reproduce and keep their species alive. They have such short lifespans that it seems cruel to kill them but they dont really have lives.

They live only to keep each other alive. That's not living, that's just existing.

So what is your opinion on things like this? I guess they will evolve at some point but it doesn't seem likely they'll evolve into anything with much of a point or use.

Decessus
10-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Humans.

sephirothishere
10-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Humans

every planet needs somethin useless.....

Decessus
10-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Humans

We don't need you. :mad2:

sephirothishere
10-13-2006, 10:38 PM
We don't need you.

exactly....or you...

LunarWeaver
10-13-2006, 10:39 PM
I hope we can all agree with zebras around we don't need horses.

escobert
10-13-2006, 10:39 PM
You live to reproduce then die. Why are you here? why am I here? who the hell knows.

Polaris
10-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Mosquitos, there's one just annoying my computer screen :mad2:

Decessus
10-13-2006, 10:44 PM
We don't need you.

exactly....or you...

Seriously. Go away.

rubah
10-13-2006, 11:06 PM
You don't know that they don't enjoy existing. Besides, everything has a point at some point!

Decessus
10-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Besides, everything has a point at some point!

It may be that some people's sole purpose in life is to simply serve as a warning to others.

Hawkeye
10-13-2006, 11:10 PM
The Mexican bird
http://www.giffbeaton.com/2004-03-15_unk%20fly.jpg
is a pointless species.

Psychotic
10-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Someone's obviously been watching that "Become a teacher!" ad.

Pete for President
10-13-2006, 11:54 PM
These kind of bugs keep existing to make people's lives annoying. If they weren't there and people's lives would be annoying-less, lives would be perfect. That wouldn't be natural right? (better count in deceases (spelling?) aswell, they're all the stuff mankind is trying to get immune for) Life would be boring (and perfect) without these details. Those are just my thoughts though.

Iceglow
10-14-2006, 12:50 AM
The Daddy long legs flying bug is possibly a de-evoloution of a species of fly. I guess their purpose is to be a part of the food chain, they get eaten by birds, spiders, frogs & toads and other small creatures. I think you need to realize that EVERYTHING in the world exists for a purpose hence we call it the ecosystem. Their existence helps keep the food chain going.

Oh and as for humans helping keep the balance, no we actually interfere and disrupt the balance, nature works wonderfully well without us on the grounds of "In the times of plenty more predators are born, In the times of lack less predators are born as the food becomes scarcer." This balance between predator and prey worked well up to the industrial revouloution where we really started messing about. A lot of people will contest this but don't you see it's true for humans too we work in the same way, when population is low and resources are plenty we will breed and peace rules, when population is high and resources are scarce we will starve, get diseased and since we have no natural predator other than man itself hunt ourselves back in to line. Funny isn't it we give that hunt a name, oh yeah War.

Everything has a reason it's just up to us to discover it.

Acid Raine
10-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Im SO glad you brought this up. I have been creating a list of "Animals that I Need to Make Extinct". Now you have to suffer through it.

Horses - Awful creatures, those horses are. Theyre big, smelly, ugly, and most importantly IF I AM AROUND THEM FOR TOO LONG, I DIE!!! Yes, I am allergic to horses, and prolonged exposure to them block my throat and nasal passages, my eyes swell up, my mouth dries up, I cant stop coughing OR sneezing, I vomit intensely, and I occasionally pass out. Horses are creatures from the devil (or Devil Man....I cant decide which) and they need to be exterminated. They provide no necessary function exept for sport, or for camps that little girls go to.

Mosquitos - A foul insect of the lowest class. Every organism on this known planet simply detests mosquitoes and as far as I know, they dont perform any necessary function in the environment. If they do, then the world will just need to adapt because I hate the damn things. Whoever is reading this, Im sure you do, too. Theyre ugly little creatures that prey on you alive and spread disease. Even the name MOSQUITO just sickens me. THEY are the reason I never go outdoors. THEYRE the reason the world is moving into chaos. There you have it. Destroy mosquitoes, save the world. Anyone up for the job?

Leeches - Ah, the leech. While they DO have medicinal purposes, I say kill them where they stand (slither?). They have caused grief among lake-hoppers and I simply cant stand them. All black and disgusting. CAN YOU SAY EW??????? I know I can! They are horrid creatures, simple as that. While I have never experienced any particular problem with leeches myself, I would like them GONE before I ever have to.

Clowns - They think they exist to make others smile, when in reality, they are nothing but frightening. They have scared me since I was very small, and now many Hollywood horror movies seem intent on scaring me even more by making movies about them. They ALWAYS torture me at fairs or parades. They jump around honking and giggling, until they get to me. Than those little [insert obscenity here]s decide to take whatever sort of clowny prop they have on them at the time and hit me with it! They are awful, and need to disappear.

There are more........but I need to go now

Dell
10-14-2006, 07:22 AM
They live because another creature needs them. And the another creature live because another creature needs them. And so on. Humans, plants and animals, all of them depend on each other to live. They are like us. We protect each other and so are they.

Every creature is a cure to other creature. :)

Yuffie514
10-14-2006, 07:30 AM
cockroaches. they are good for nothing, but excellent for destroying...

Rainecloud
10-14-2006, 08:26 AM
They must be leftovers from that horrible Egyptian plague that God sent a few centuries ago. Honestly - if Pharaoh would have just let his people go, there wouldn't be a problem today.

Slugs and Snails seem to be quite pointless and stupid. All they ever manage to do is slide a few inches before getting crushed by someone's foot. What a pitiful existence.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Now what the heck is the point of a sloth? To make comparisons with lazy disgusting excuses of a person?

Miriel
10-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Birds. Birds are horribly pointless and disgusting.

Pete for President
10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Come to think of it, humans are quite pointless. All we do is spread all over the world and turn everything into concrete, destroy other species and ruin the earth with exhaust-fumes just to go to your boring desk-job. Now that's pointless.

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2006, 05:49 PM
WASPS. They do have a use, but it's one that is performed by some other stuff, so they should just DIE.

Miriel is a fool. Birds are awesome.

Resha
10-14-2006, 07:47 PM
cockroaches. they are good for nothing, but excellent for destroying... whinging about and running away from :jess:

Vincent, Thunder God
10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I feel that way about most insects. Most exist pointlessly, except for those who kill other insects and don't bite humans readily.

sephirothishere
10-14-2006, 07:54 PM
humans exist to mindlessly pass on their...."seed"....and then die....people do this because they are afraid of losin their legacy....ya know...leavin nothin behind......im not like that....i end here.....so i guess im either very pointless....or not at all...you can decide....but i already know what youll say....so...dont bother....

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2006, 11:25 PM
cockroaches. they are good for nothing, but excellent for destroying... crushing up and smoking.

:bigsmile:

DarkLadyNyara
10-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Nothing can really be said to have a point. In a thousand years, no one will remember any of us. ^_^

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2006, 11:36 PM
God will. :fakelove:

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Fleas and wasps.

Captain Maxx Power
10-14-2006, 11:53 PM
For truly useless creatures, I'm pretty sure I once read about an insect that's born with no legs, but wings that don't work. Therefore they can't move and can only feed off of each other or somesuch. Or I could just be making it up. I hope it is true. If I ever find one I'm going to point and laugh at it so freakin' hard.

Miriel
10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
WASPS. They do have a use, but it's one that is performed by some other stuff, so they should just DIE.

Miriel is a fool. Birds are awesome.

Don't call me a fool. I just may slip my fingers and ban you accidently on purpose. Birds are hideous abominations.

NorthernChaosGod
10-15-2006, 01:29 AM
Anything that isn't good to eat is pointless.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Birds are hideous abominations.<a href="http://www.lastupload.com/files/23/Boo%20Rock%20-%20birds%20remix.mp3">Oh Hannah</a>.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-15-2006, 01:38 AM
humans exist to mindlessly pass on their...."seed"....and then die....people do this because they are afraid of losin their legacy....ya know...leavin nothin behind.....

We leave a lot behind. All the choices we have made will become an infinetly small part of history. Some people will always be remembered as being extremely important in a certain part of history. The more you write published work, or create art, or act in media, the more you live on. Shakespeare, for example, is still living through his work. Hundreds of people read his words everyday, taking new knowledge and insight from his immortal wisdom.

Miriel
10-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Birds are hideous abominations.<a href="http://www.lastupload.com/files/23/Boo%20Rock%20-%20birds%20remix.mp3">Oh Hannah</a>.

I'm not clicking that!

Odaisé Gaelach
10-15-2006, 01:54 AM
Mimes.

Araciel
10-15-2006, 06:24 AM
why think so small...this planet could be seen as pointless.

i think that those crane flies or whatever they are are bugs. bugs belong outside and i don't go outside so i don't care. if they come into my house, even by accident, they get the boot.

and FTR bugs aren't as lovable as kittens or puppies because bugs are sneaky and they look like aliens...i have said it before and i will keep sayin it....aliens who are sneaky...who likes that?

Reine
10-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Those pitiful bugs that feed on your blood piss me off to no end and it would be great to make them extinct. I always find them pointless. Especially fleas. Such a pitiful creature that is

Shlup
10-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Raistlin.

Erdrick Holmes
10-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Mecakane.

Reine
10-15-2006, 07:29 AM
Loony BoB.

Shlup
10-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Way to kill a joke, guys.

Yamaneko
10-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Joke starters.

escobert
10-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Dammit I was going to say Shlup but you all ruined it :(

Raebus
10-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Humans

We don't need you. :mad2:

:thumb:

Almost every creature has a purpose, cats and dogs make great pets and certain bugs/insects eat other insects that annoy us.

Jowy
10-15-2006, 04:46 PM
cockroaches. they are good for nothing, but excellent for destroying... crushing up and smoking.

Also, if you eat a hissing cockroach on Halloween at Six Flags in Illinois, you get admission for free! That's one purpose for such a disgusting creature, anyway.

Shlup
10-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Also, if you eat a hissing cockroach on Halloween at Six Flags in Illinois, you get admission for free! That's one purpose for such a disgusting creature, anyway.

THEY'RE EATING MY BABIES?? BASTARDS!!!