PDA

View Full Version : The End

tan
10-13-2006, 09:45 PM
The last book in "The Series of Unfortunate Events" came out today, and I can't wait to get my copy. Have any of you read the series and are going to get it/already have it?

I mostly like the series because it's really dark, but that's the sort of funny thing to it. I think the constant warnings of "don't read this book, throw it away, etc." do get a bit old after time, but it sort of adds to the reading, I guess. If Lemony Snicket is going to write novels, I'll probably go buy them.

What are your thoughts on the series?

Faris
10-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Oh man, I'm far behind on that series. Last I read was #4 I think. What number are they up to?

I loved it =) I could finish one in an hour or so.

Zeromus_X
10-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Oh...it's over? :( :cat: :confused:

But yes, I've only read up to like...number six. I probably have to read some of those again, too.

Well, as long as they don't try to make another movie.

Odaisé Gaelach
10-14-2006, 04:42 AM
*shrugs* Not the greatest series ever written, is it? Don't get me wrong, I'll read it, but only for the sake of finishing it.

I Took the Red Pill
10-14-2006, 05:32 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about the song by The Doors. :cry:

I think I read the first one in the series and then was too bored with it to go onto the next one.

Shauna
10-14-2006, 02:30 PM
I enjoy them. I shall be buying the last book, just so I can say that I have the whole series. They're not the greatest books ever written, but I find them enjoyable.

Moon Rabbits
10-14-2006, 02:42 PM
I liked the movie :bigsmile:

Resha
10-14-2006, 05:05 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the song by The Doors. :cry:

As did I hope ;_;

I haven't read any of the books, but I have seen the movie. It's a tad...depressing, innit? xD