PDA

View Full Version : The auctioneer

Vivisteiner
10-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I seem to remember that in an ATE, the auctioneer speaks to Kuja as they talk about Garnet.

Did anyone ever realise if that scene has a deeper significance?

Was the auctioneer evil or something? After that he just seems like a normal guy.

TheSpoonyBard
10-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Auctioneer: "How was Burmecia?"

Kuja: "Not bad... Better if I didn't have to see those vermin and the ugly elephant-lady. They offend my senses."

Auctioneer: "You must be tired."

Kuja: "It's not over yet. The rest of the vermind must be done away with."

Auctioneer: "Will you be heading to Cleyra, then?"

Kuja: "Yes; I trust you will deliver them?"

Auctioneer: "Certainly. I shall prepare now..."

Kuja: "By the way, did you see a pretty lady in the crowd today?"

Auctioneer: "A pretty lady? Shall I arrange a meeting?"

Kuja: "There's no need. The canary I've been after... She flew into my cage of her own free will."

Auctioneer: "?"

Kuja: "Never would I have imagined running into you in a place like this. It must be fate. But you cannot rest your wings yet... Fly home to your mother, little canary. I, too, will welcome you home with open arms."
Is that the part in question? I believe the mansion/auction house is owned by Kuja, or King as he is known in Treno, so the auctioneer is probably familiar with him.

Vivisteiner
10-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks Endless. That explains it.

Its a shame that the auctioneer doesnt get involved any more in the story. First time I played FF9 I was excited when I saw that ATE as I thought he was a new villain.

By the way, when Kuja says: "Yes; I trust you will deliver them?", what is he refferring to? The Black Mages?

TheSpoonyBard
10-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Most likely the black mages, yes. The auctioneer may have contacts in Dali, where the mages are manufactured.

vorpal blade
10-14-2006, 10:53 AM
I forgot and don't remember this conversation. D'ya think the auctions were a way to find black mage manufacturing?

Dagga
10-29-2006, 12:17 PM
They could've used the money from the auctions to pay for the manufacturing of the Black Mages... Perhaps...

~SapphireStar~
10-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Didnt you know that all auctioneers are evil? They just keep pestering you to place a bid! Evil the lot of them!

jill
11-27-2006, 01:10 AM
Auctioneer: "How was Burmecia?"

Kuja: "Not bad... Better if I didn't have to see those vermin and the ugly elephant-lady. They offend my senses."

Auctioneer: "You must be tired."

Kuja: "It's not over yet. The rest of the vermind must be done away with."

Auctioneer: "Will you be heading to Cleyra, then?"

Kuja: "Yes; I trust you will deliver them?"

Auctioneer: "Certainly. I shall prepare now..."

Kuja: "By the way, did you see a pretty lady in the crowd today?"

Auctioneer: "A pretty lady? Shall I arrange a meeting?"

Kuja: "There's no need. The canary I've been after... She flew into my cage of her own free will."

Auctioneer: "?"

Kuja: "Never would I have imagined running into you in a place like this. It must be fate. But you cannot rest your wings yet... Fly home to your mother, little canary. I, too, will welcome you home with open arms."
Is that the part in question? I believe the mansion/auction house is owned by Kuja, or King as he is known in Treno, so the auctioneer is probably familiar with him.

:confused: Where does it say that about Kuja? Or even a mention of a King for that matter?