PDA

View Full Version : Bleach

Fonzie
10-14-2006, 06:23 AM
This anime series is pretty good seeing the first 6 episodes. Looks like i'll be enjoying this one. Discuss the awesomeness of Bleach.

kikimm
10-14-2006, 06:35 AM
I watched like 30 episodes and then stopped. It was good, but anything that long is just....no. I can't do it. Plus I couldn't stand Orihime. ;P

Urahara is probably the coolest guy ever, though.

Zeromus_X
10-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Heh, yeah, I think I read up to volume 9 in the manga (with that dynamite chick, I forgot her name), but I normally can't stand overly-long action series.

Mr. Yoruichi-witten!! <3 :cat: :love:

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Shiba Kuukaku would be the lady with the explosives.

And I absolutely adore Orhime, she's utterly adorable (works out doesn't it? :))

I've been keeping up with the series pretty obsessively. It's not the best one out there, but it's a lot of fun. The filler arc in the anime needs to hurry and end though.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-14-2006, 07:19 AM
I've been watching but, I had to stop lately due to bandwidth limitations and me trying not go over said limits.

Anyways, Bleach is a nice change of pace for me. Before hand I was watching Tsubasa Chronicle to the point where I was getting slightly disinterested (I used to play it at night and fall alseep watching it, even the episodes I have already seen).

I love Ichigo, even though he is somewhat your typical "tough on the outside, softy on the inside" kind of hero. A part of me wishes he would loose more often. Besides that, I can't wait to move on past episode 44 *where I am at now*

theundeadhero
10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Every time I see Bleach in the lounge I think about Nirvana, and then I'm let down fast.

Drift
10-14-2006, 12:05 PM
The filler arc in the anime needs to hurry and end though.

Naruto too~

Dreddz
10-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I got up to episode 78. The Bounto arc isnt great. And the series always sticks to the same formula.

Loses fight - Power Up - Wins fight - Loses fight - Power Up - Wins fight etc

At one point Ill catch up with the series, as of now, Ive got far better things to watch.

Bahamut2000X
10-16-2006, 12:35 AM
As already said, some parts could be better. But by no means a terrible anime. And the story with the whole soul society conspiracies, was just the most perfectly constructed set of events I must say. That alone keeps me to the series, seeing how they did all that.

As for the filler arc. Hey now, no complaints! Watch the Naruto filler arcs for a year and a half THEN you can complain about filler arcs sucking.

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Got the anime series, havent finished it yet. And a few mangas. The OST is just godly and I love Ichigo, fitness! It really is a great and funny anime. Veyr dark, but it has moved me to tears, specially the episode "Cursed parakeet."

Fonzie
10-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Gosh, youtube took all the episodes off their website. Where can i watch it now?:(

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I bought mine from Ebay if your willing to purchase it.

Dreddz
10-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Torrents. Better than youtube anyway.

JKTrix
10-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Bleach is one of those 'simple fun' shows. It's not super deep, but there's enough going on to provide some mild stimulation while enjoying the action scenes.

As a 'Shounen Jump!' manga, it has to have the prerequisite themes: Friendship, Effort, Victory. Friendship: "My friends believe in me so I have to win!" "I can do anything with my friends by my side!" etc etc Effort: "I lost last time, so I have to get stronger!" Victory: "Lol I went Super Saiyan/Bankai/Fox Demon on your bad guy butt."

It's all about the motivation of the young men (shounen). Value your friends, work hard, and you'll win at life. Maybe you'll get to swing a big sword around at some dead guys in the process.