PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi's Island: The Secret Levels.

Rainecloud
10-14-2006, 08:49 AM
A follow-up to my 'Super Mario World: Secret Levels' thread.

Did you ever unlock all the secrets in Yoshi's Island? Difficult, eh? Unlocking all the levels in Super Mario World is a piece of cake compared to finishing all the Yoshi's Island levels with perfect 100 scores.

I remember working for months trying to get every last star, flower and red coin. The most annoying thing was when you painstakingly managed to collect all of the level's coins and flowers, only for an enemy to hit you near the finish line, costing you those precious stars you need to attain a perfect score.

I did eventually manage to finish the game with perfect scores on all of the levels. Those blasted monkeys in the jungle world really made life hard for me, though.

So, how did you do?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-14-2006, 08:51 AM
I've done it three or four times, probably. The hardest levels in general to get perfect scores on were the ones with those damn apes.

Zeromus_X
10-14-2006, 09:33 AM
The best part is when your friend's foot bumps the cartridge and nukes all of your save files. :) :cat:

I kinda felt that final secret castle level could've been a bit more challenging though. The World 5 one was a nightmare. Stupid Kamek...

Rainecloud
10-14-2006, 12:04 PM
The best part is when your friend's foot bumps the cartridge and nukes all of your save files. :) :cat:

I kinda felt that final secret castle level could've been a bit more challenging though. The World 5 one was a nightmare. Stupid Kamek...

Heh. I know exactly what you mean. A couple of weeks after finishing the game with perfect scores, I turned it on to have a quick blast at some of the levels. Whilst turning it on, I nudged the cartridge and was presented with three 'empty' slots on the main title screen. I nearly threw the controller through the window. All that work ... gone in less than a second.

And yeah, the final castle was far too easy. I remember being very disappointed with it.

Evastio
10-14-2006, 04:50 PM
I found it challenging enough with all those thorns near the YOSHI lifts.

I didn't like the Extra World 5 level either. :( Too bad it isn't possible to hurt Kamek.

I've done it three or four times, probably. The hardest levels in general to get perfect scores on were the ones with those damn apes.
I know. :(

Those monkeys are so horrible. :(

Why do we even have those monkeys as smileys here? :confused:

ljkkjlcm9
10-14-2006, 05:49 PM
I was at my cousin's in Canada for about 5 days, and I did it quite easily when I was younger. Yoshi's Island is one of the easiest games I've ever played.

THE JACKEL

farplaner
10-15-2006, 02:58 AM
I was at my cousin's in Canada for about 5 days, and I did it quite easily when I was younger. Yoshi's Island is one of the easiest games I've ever played.

THE JACKAL

You're crazy. Some of that stuff was incredibly annoying. Most of all damned baby Mario whining whenever he got 'abandoned'.

Markus. D
10-15-2006, 03:04 AM
My faveorite ever mario game.

I only unlocked 2 secret levels ._. because I sucked at games back then.