PDA

View Full Version : The Devil Wears Prada (Book & Movie)

Rusty
10-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Has anyone seen The Devil Wears Prada? What did you think of it? I thought Meryl Streep's performance was the highlight of the movie. She was fantastic. I thought Meryl was really true to the character in the book, while bring a realism to her character that her character didn't have in the book.

Anne Hathaway was a surprising for me. I didn't think she'd suit the role. She was different to what I envisioned her character to be. But, I still appreciated her interpretation of the character.

Has anyone read the book? I made it a goal to read the book before I watched the movie and I did. I loved the book, it was entertaining and well written. I found it awfully hard to sympathise with Andy. I didn't like Alex - he seemed a little bit selfish almost. Lily was such contrast to her surrounding characters.

I wish the author had expanded on the relationship between Christian and Andy. But yea, overall. I really enjoyed it.

Your thoughts?

McLovin'
10-14-2006, 03:17 PM
They are making a tv show out of it: http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/04/15104.php

Me and my Dad saw it because there was nothing else on at the time.

Seriously when we came in all we saw where girls and their girls friends and girls with their boyfriends. 0_0

It was a funny movie, yes.

Miriel
10-15-2006, 07:34 AM
I disliked the book. I found the main character to be selfish, indulgent, bratty, ungrateful, lacking any sort of grace or poise.

I LOOOOOVED the movie. Meryl Streep was perfection. That look she gave Andy at her house when she was arguing with her husband was WOW. I mean. Dannng, girl can act! I really enjoyed the movie. I think they took a mediocre book and made it much better.

~SapphireStar~
10-15-2006, 08:18 PM
My cousin wants to see it badly, but I dont think the movie would be good for me. Im not mad into the world of fashion and such, so I'd just be bored.