PDA

View Full Version : Buy One, Get One Free.

The Devil Man
10-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Today Devil Man did some shopping with his lady friend...

And he bought absolute crap :crying:

Because...

He got suckered into devious stores 'Buy One, Get One Free' trickery! :crying2:

Yes! It is true! Devil Man's kindess was manipulated and taken advantage of by these sinister shops. He saw a bluey-greeny fluffy towel offered on a 2 for 1 and Devil Man, foolishly, thought he got a great deal...

He did not! :eek: The Towels are Utter Crap! :crying:

And he often gets taken for a ride on buy one, get one free deals. He just isn't smart enough to stop :( He buys anything if he thinks he is getting two for one...

So Devil Man's topic is therefore:

Do you ever buy something just because you might get a freebie while you're at it? Like those '3 for 2' deals you see in Music/DVD/Book stores? Or in supermarkets with their 'Buy one banana, get another half price!' craftiness? And do you think afterwards 'Smart deal!' or 'Crap, crap, crap! Why I do that for?'

Devil Man does... and he needs to stop :( It's not right they take advantage of his wallet with such tantalising offers!

Xander
10-14-2006, 04:25 PM
I love fluffy towels! I'll have it!

Anyway, I rarely get taken by those deals. The way I see it is - I only want one thing really, if I'm buying two and getting some off it still means I'm paying more than I intended to!

I went shopping today and got a long sleeved top, my friend said I should get two because they were 2 for £12, but £6.99 each, in the end I'd only be saving £2, and spending £5 extra! And I didn't like any other colours anyway.

Same with drinks, if I go to buy a drink and its buy one get one free if I don't need two I just dont get the other one.

3 for 2 is dumb, if you only really want 1. I'd rather pay extra for stuff I reeeally want, than less for stuff I don't want that much.

Jowy
10-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Once in a while, one of the Gatorade machines in the mall will pay out two bottles for the price of one, and that's pretty damn sweet. I generally only notice 'buy one, get one free' on cigarettes and candy bars, and will take advantage of this fact if I want either of them.

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2006, 05:45 PM
I buy useless crap even when there is no deal.