PDA

View Full Version : Compliments!

fire_of_avalon
10-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Last night I went out to eat with a friend, and there was a bit of a wait at the restaurant, so we stood in the foyer type place cause it was cold outside. Unfortunately for me, I was right behind the door, so it kept opening and half squishing me. At one point, this huge group of people were walking through, so I just held it open and this old guy at the end of the group says "Alright! A cute door girl!" and I laughed and blushed and died.

Do you like getting compliments from strangers, or does it embarass you? What's the weirdest compliment you've gotten from anyone? Do you take compliments well or do you get awkward or bristly?

Xander
10-14-2006, 06:57 PM
I like it! I don't think it happens that often though... when I worked on a checkout I got lots of compliments on my hair when I was wearing this certain style, I think I got at least one compliment every time I worked for a while. xD I take them well, but maybe a little shy sometimes. I can't think of any other sorts of compliments from strangers though, just my hair...

OH, the weirdest, now I remember, some guy on a bus said he liked my eyebrows >_>

Christmas
10-14-2006, 07:00 PM
I got a PM from a stranger recently and I kinda blushed when I read the compliments. :bigsmile:

McLovin'
10-14-2006, 07:03 PM
When Paris Hilton saw me she was all like "THATS HOT!"

fire_of_avalon
10-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Ooo, what'd it say, Christmas? :kaoplain:

Faris
10-14-2006, 07:13 PM
"I like the way you talk with your hands. Call me: [his number]" That was during my Anthro/Psych/Socio class. We were doing a "What are you greatful for" for each person. I think it was a joke though, but I sure did blush and laugh at it with the two people next to me.

escobert
10-14-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't get compliments online :p. I'm too much of a asshole online.

Reine
10-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Im a negative kind of person, so a compliment about me is exceedingly strange to me

Khaotic
10-14-2006, 07:24 PM
People don't compliment me.

Xaven
10-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Usually, whenever I get compliments I just silently take them and don't return the favor.

I don't really like them, but it's not too terrible.

Miriel
10-14-2006, 07:30 PM
I get compliments that make me really uncomfortable. But that's just cause it's usually gross guys trying to hit on me and I'm like, "ewwwwtfgoawayewww".

Compliments on stuff like my photography I take in stride. I'm proud of that stuff. Compliments on clothes I'm also happy to take, cause yeah, my boots really ARE cute! Physical compliments I don't take too well unless it's coming from my boyfriend.

Jessweeee♪
10-14-2006, 07:32 PM
I smile this really weird smile and then I feel embarrassed because I look stupid :eep:

kikimm
10-14-2006, 07:32 PM
It's not that I don't like them, I do, but yeah it does make me uncomfortable. I never know what to say or do anything, so I just kinda laugh and avoid eye contact.

Denmark
10-14-2006, 07:36 PM
I don't typically take compliments very enthusiastically. I'm pretty modest.

Decessus
10-14-2006, 07:37 PM
When people complement me, It's sarcasm.

Spammerman
10-14-2006, 07:38 PM
i dont get compliments from strangers.they never talk to me/

Evastio
10-14-2006, 07:39 PM
I don't get compliments from strangers much. :(

~*~Celes~*~
10-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I get all bashful and I smile and laugh and usually I thank the person or I'll compliment them back to try and get the spotlight off of me...I'm modest as well and when I'm getting a bunch of attention, I blush profusely and try to hide ^^; It's a shyness problem that I've had since I was little.

Resha
10-14-2006, 07:45 PM
It's kinda awkward. This one time I was shopping in a bookstore and this woman just sorta came up to me and said something about my hair. >_< But it's good in a way because I like confident people who can just walk up to a stranger and say stuff, and it makes it all so much easier. Yeah.

Decessus
10-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Well, arn't those pretty split ends?

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
I got a PM from a stranger recently and I kinda blushed when I read the compliments. :bigsmile:

I'll bet you did. :)

I was told that I look like Tidus with my hair style from another FFer. I don't know whether that was a compliment or just an observation though.

I was also told one time that I had a cool car. (Surprised?) It was a 77' Leyland TR7, and it was pure junk and putt gufly.

Odaisé Gaelach
10-14-2006, 09:01 PM
A complete stranger once told me that I had very blue eyes. That was strange, but nice. :)

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-14-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't take compliments that well, even from someone I know. I did get a "wow" the other day in the street, that was very weird.

Iceglow
10-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I get compliments at work at times, this summer when I worked out in our Marquee (big tent selling garden furniture/plants out in the carpark) I got what must have been thousands, mainly from old ladies who I helped out but also from any women I helped carrying stock out to their cars ect. (when the stock weighs in at roughly between 25 and 75 kilos a time it's a hefty job to be doing alone.) I was at first a little surprised because apart from the time I spent on tills I didn't get much of that sort of thing happen to me and when on tills it was rare. Still by the end of the summer out there when I got complimented I was just a bit cheeky and said stuff like (if they were like "See, there are good looking, intelligent men working for sainsbury's. Strong too" that's a quote from a mother to her late teen / twenties daughter who could have killed her mom for it by the look of sheer embarassment on her face) "Oh well some of us have got it all." It helps I'm a natural flirt and it takes a lot to stun me in to silence. I have a big mouth and I'm not afraid to use it.

XxSephirothxX
10-14-2006, 09:22 PM
In the rare event that I'm being complimented on something I'm genuinely proud of, I enjoy it. But, typically, they just make me uncomfortable, and I mumble out a thanks or don't say anything at all.

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey, I like your dog. It's cool.

I really should've done something with that one. Ah well, too late.

ME. LIKE. COMPLIMENTS.

Rye
10-14-2006, 11:43 PM
I like them, but I blush a lot. So I seem a little shy, but I do enjoy them. :)

DK
10-14-2006, 11:45 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/JMan42090/nosepass.png

Rye
10-14-2006, 11:48 PM

My large NOSEPASS is quivering with joy. :excited:

Levian
10-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I like it better when people compliment you behind your back. This one guy told another guy that he thought I was funny and then the other guy told me later, I made him write it on a piece of paper so I could laminate it.

Breine
10-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't typically take compliments very enthusiastically. I'm pretty modest.

Me too. I get really shy if a strange girl gives me a compliment... I blush quite easily.

Quindiana Jones
10-15-2006, 12:06 AM
It was nice to meet you.
I'm sure it was.

I take compliments very well :bigsmile:

LunarWeaver
10-15-2006, 12:10 AM
I don't really like it ._. It makes me squirm and be all weirder than I am already. I try and go for a nice, balanced "Oh, thanks :laughing:" sort of thing (I can produce the forehead teardrop at will, I'm talented). That way it's humble but also accepting. If I flat out reject the compliment, then they repeat it 4-5 times because they think I'm fishing and that pisses both me and the other person off.

Shiny
10-15-2006, 12:45 AM
I don't take compliments very seriously when I receive them. Especially when they're about my butt. :eep:

Vincent, Thunder God
10-15-2006, 12:51 AM
I always enjoy compliments. I get them quite often, usually about being well-dressed or intelligent. I can't think of any particularly wierd ones I've gotten, though.

Starlight Roxas and Sora
10-15-2006, 01:02 AM
I like getting compliments because it shows im acnollaged by the complimentor. I don't really like it when people compliment me because I get bashfull and blushing, plus I just can't stop smiling, though I try to look away after saying "thank you". Sometimes a compliment runs through my head all day keeping me in a good mood.

Leen-Leen
10-15-2006, 01:25 AM
It's a little weird to get compliments, but it makes you feel good for a second. This complete stranger told me: "You have the most perfect lips!"

That one kind of threw me off.

Vikeve
10-15-2006, 01:56 AM
I like it I never really get embarrased since i generaly talk to strangers all the time. People always tell me NOT to talk to strangers but i don't talk to drug dealers I like talking to old people they can't mug me there nice and they always have weird stories to share i love old people there the best.

Anyway most of the time its i love your eyes or nice shirt or thankyou for holding the door or whatever and when i had my greyhound (she died a little while ago:cry: ) poeple would always walk up and ask about her she was a pretty dog almost looked like a deer but softer.

BardTard
10-15-2006, 02:17 AM
Usually I only get perverted compliments from a bunch of guys. The strangest compliment I've ever gotten... I have no idea. I'll think about that one.

Visual_Paradox
10-15-2006, 02:29 AM
An old lady said:"You look like a BUM with those long hair"..And they arent long at all..:eep::eep:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-15-2006, 02:32 AM
I like it, but its a bit wierd if a random person comes up to you and gives you a compilment.

A few years ago, I was out shopping with my mom, and this random woman comes out of nowhere and says 'Omigosh, you have the curliest hair I have ever seen! *squee*'. I was a little scared cause it came out of nowhere. It was the wierdest moment ever. I laugh about it now though. :bigsmile:

nik0tine
10-15-2006, 03:13 AM
The strangest compliment I've ever gotten was "You have a nicely shaped head."

Oh yeah, and "Your mom is cute."

I don't really take compliments very well.

Reine
10-15-2006, 05:55 AM

My large NOSEPASS is quivering with joy. :excited:

I bet it is :jokey:

Araciel
10-15-2006, 05:59 AM
i enjoy being complimented...who doesn't??

the weirdest compliment i ever got was ...

i opened a door for an old lady and she said thank you...i said the usual 'you're welcome' and she said i had a nice voice and should be in radio....then she said 'you would be so handsome if you shaved'

that made me smile for a long time

Jowy
10-15-2006, 08:21 AM
I can't remember the last time I got complimented. If anything, it was for holding a door for someone. I do like compliments though. They inflate my ego.

Cz
10-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm a sucker for compliments. Say you like my shoes and I'll leap in front of a bullet for you.

Anaisa
10-15-2006, 10:36 AM
I like getting compliments, when they're genuine compliments. The weirdest compliment I've probably ever received, is when someone told me they loved the way I ate sandwiches.

Rostum
10-15-2006, 10:46 AM
I love compliments, whichever way they come.

One of the most recent compliments was from my girlfriend's friend, she said I was easiestly the most well dressed guy in the club, and that I looked very nice in my pinstripped blazer and so forth. *^.^*

Drift
10-15-2006, 10:52 AM

was it old manus???

i dont get compliments :p

Christmas
10-15-2006, 10:59 AM

It's not very nice to disclose it since I dun have the permission of the sender. Sorry. :(

was it old manus???

i dont get compliments

That's remind me, i post a lot of COMPLIMENTS in LITTLE MANUS' usernotes but he never reply me. :(

Rye
10-15-2006, 01:32 PM

It's not very nice to disclose it since I dun have the permission of the sender. Sorry. :(

was it old manus???

i dont get compliments

That's remind me, i post a lot of COMPLIMENTS in DELICIOUS AND FRESH GREEN GRASS' usernotes but he never reply me. :(

I'll reply to your usernotes forever and ever, Christmas. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
10-15-2006, 01:38 PM
I like it. But it rarely happens, and I do get a bit flustered about it. The only ones I can call to mind are a girl at uni who thought my Gir bag rocked, and three people in the gift shop in Six Flags in MO who thought my white and grey combat pants with nifty straps were great. Oh, and a security guard at Atlanta International Airport liked them, too! xD