PDA

View Full Version : Best pair of job skills

Elemental Alchemist
10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Which are the best pairs of job skills? Some skills go with others, but I'm not too sure of which are the best. The pair I currently use with Ramza is: Samurai w/ Monk techniques.

Also, if you post a pair, please specify why it is the best.

BG-57
10-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Except for Rafa, Malak, and Mustadio, I use their default professions with Math Skills as a secondary skill. So Ramza's a Squire, Agrias is a Holy Knight, etc.... Mainly because nongeneric characters have worthwhile unique skills. I'm also a big believer in the usefulness of Math Skills. For me, the advantages (instant cast time, no MP, unlimited range) outweigh the disadvantages (hitting allies or missing foes).

Mustadio is a Chemist with Snipe. I chose that profession because Snipe works best with a gun and Chemists can equip them. Plus I can use Item without needing to equip Throw Item.

I find Rafa and Malak's default professions useless so I make Rafa a Mediator and Malak a Knight.

My generics are Knights with Math Skills. That way they can equip Excaliburs and Chaos Blades.

feioncastor
10-15-2006, 08:02 AM
For Ramza, I'd go with Monk with Guts.

I like Guts because of Scream and Yell, but I LOVE monk because of the ridiculous amount of power he can throw around.

For any generic, I mix it up. I'll have a Wizard with White Magic, or a Summoner with Time Magic, or a Ninja with Item... Just whatever accomodates the next fight.

Gansx
10-15-2006, 11:11 PM
I like a Dragoon with two hands for support and charge as secondary

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-16-2006, 04:40 AM
Im a fan of Knights with two swords (2 Chaos Blades, or 1 and an Excalibur) and Blade Grasp. then usually either MNK or Chemist as secondary jobs.

the reason or this is:
2 Chaos or Excalibur Swords deal Massive DMG
Blade Grasp Prevents most close range DMG
and MNK & Chemist can Heal and Revive without MP.

Zechs
10-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Ramza and most generics I use monks with squire as 2nd.
Two swords and blade grasp.
Makes for a strong wall.

Fate Fatale
10-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Get a low charge time character that is female and have her as a geomancer with dancing skills. She'll be excellent at inflicting status ailments.

Serpentarius
11-18-2006, 04:24 AM
time mage w/ math skill = one person party

Mr.psyc!!
11-18-2006, 04:43 AM
a monk with Battle skill, Blade grasp, 2 Swords,and move +2,most insane combo ever. can anyone say dragon ball z lol

yuno
11-22-2006, 07:06 AM
easily holy swordsman with math skill.self-explanatory.

Saku
11-22-2006, 05:09 PM
easily holy swordsman with math skill.self-explanatory.

This was good for those times I stayed around and leveled... for those times I breezed through the game... .Geomancer/Ninja were quite handy. Duel Wield + funky stat magic + Sunken State

Edgar
11-23-2006, 06:24 AM
If we are only using the normal classes I would say anything along to lines of (whichever class with the most MA)/Calc or maybe Knight with tons of stuff from other classes. The best class is obviously Ramza's special Squire. Nothing beats Scream.