PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get AP

hplvr
10-14-2006, 11:47 PM
well, im trying to master my materia and where is the best place to get AP??

Captain Maxx Power
10-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Swampy place in the Northern Crater. A group of monsters called "Movers" will give a whole tonne of AP.

hplvr
10-14-2006, 11:57 PM
well is there any where that you can get good AP out of the Nothern Crater, cuz im mastering them to beat the weapons, and you cant exit the northern cave, so yeah anywhere else

XxSephirothxX
10-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I do believe there's a path out of Northern Crater. In fact, I'm quite sure there is, since I've used it before. :p

hplvr
10-15-2006, 12:00 AM
well then where is it?? lol

farplaner
10-15-2006, 03:06 AM

what do you mean where? You go up to the top of the spiral entrance, and there is a cave-like opening at the top of the screen. You exit outside the crater, and voila! That message you get about not being able to exit is just to scare ya' :D

The movers, yes, and if you have the W-Item materia and use the glitch to max your elixirs, you can use them to kill magic pots and rack up on exp. as well as AP. The pots tend to appear a little more frequently.

Also, having Cloud's Apocalypse doesn't hurt, and Cid has a double AP weaopn with five slots....and rune armlets, bring a few of those. you'll have a set of master magic and master command materias before you know it.

Zeromus_X
10-15-2006, 03:12 AM
They appear much more frequently.

And yes *continues adding to the mountain of dead Magic Pots behind him*

Captain Maxx Power
10-15-2006, 01:24 PM
The "you can't turn back" message I believe is a hand-over from the Japanese version of FF7, where it wasn't possible to exit the Northern Crater. This is before Emerald and Ruby were added, so strictly there was no real reason to leave the Northern Crater.

If you want out-of-the-crater enemies, then either the Gelinka (hard) or those Roller type monsters just outside of Mideel are your best bets. However there's no real reason why you shouldn't be AP/Exp hunting in the Northern Crater, what with Magic Pots and Movers abound.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Cid has a triple growth weapon as well, the scimitar. u get it in the underwater reactor. however, it only has 2 slots so it's up to u to decide which will be more productive, as most of the double weapon hav more slots than this, so u can do more at once

Acid Raine
10-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Do the "duplicate items" trick to max out your supply on Elixirs, and give them to those Magic Urns. They dish out a TON of AP. If its on a triple growth weapon, youll be mastering everything in no time!

farplaner
10-16-2006, 02:14 AM
Yay! For redundancy! ^

Maxx: Yeah, that makes sense (about the version change).

Bolivar
10-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Cloud's Ragnarok I think has triple growth also, but i think that's just two slots, like that one spear Cid has.

but yeah, Rune armlets and those two, unless you wanna use double growth with more slots.

Jowy
10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
*Apocalypse

BustaMo
10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Equip the Apocalypse like previously said, then head to the Movers location in the Northern Crater. I know that when you have to come to a point in deciding which path to take, go for the one on the right. You'll end up in a place that's like a swamp, then onto the next screeen tot he right, you'll be in another swampy area. You'll run into the Magic Posts and Movers in here.

Sefie1999AD
10-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I agree with many of the people here. Equip Cloud with the Apocalypse Sword, Cid with the Scimitar and someone else with a double AP weapon. Then just fight Movers and Magic Pots on the swamp area. Movers give you more AP, but Magic Pots are more common. You may want to use the W-Item glitch to get 99 Elixirs so that you can give those Magic Pots some Elixirs.

Getting out of the crater is somewhat tricky, but it's definitely possible (unless you've already gone to the area with the Lifestream flowing in the background and Jenova's battle theme playing). If you're going after the Weapons, it could be a good idea to focus on leveling up Materia, such as Knights of the Round, Mime, Final Attack, Phoenix and possibly Counter Attack and/or Counter.

FFIX Choco Boy
10-20-2006, 11:14 PM
I have 3 Master summon/cmd/magic materia, I got 1 set from Emerald, and the rest I got from battling outside of Mideel cause I didn't know about the movers/magic pots. So, if you don't want to go there, go to Mideel. You get alot of exp there, too. I maxed my levels there.

farplaner
10-21-2006, 02:07 AM
I have 3 Master summon/cmd/magic materia, I got 1 set from Emerald, and the rest I got from battling outside of Mideel cause I didn't know about the movers/magic pots. So, if you don't want to go there, go to Mideel. You get alot of exp there, too. I maxed my levels there.

Geez. That had to've taken a long time to get the other two master summon materia given the AP needed to master KotR...especially without pots/movers.

BG-57
10-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Mideel is definitely the most convenient place to do high leveling outside of the Northern Crater, but you have to go to the Northern Crater anyway to get Shield materia (not to mention X Magic and Counter), so you'll have do some leveling there eventually. It's a pain to go in and out of, but worth it in the long run. Mideel is very safe but also very tedious.

hplvr
10-21-2006, 09:40 PM

what do you mean where? You go up to the top of the spiral entrance, and there is a cave-like opening at the top of the screen. You exit outside the crater, and voila! That message you get about not being able to exit is just to scare ya' :D

The movers, yes, and if you have the W-Item materia and use the glitch to max your elixirs, you can use them to kill magic pots and rack up on exp. as well as AP. The pots tend to appear a little more frequently.

Also, having Cloud's Apocalypse doesn't hurt, and Cid has a double AP weaopn with five slots....and rune armlets, bring a few of those. you'll have a set of master magic and master command materias before you know it.
whats the glitch to max out ur elixers??

BG-57
10-22-2006, 03:04 AM
You'll need to equip a W-Item materia (available only when you return to Midgar late in the game).

Select the item you want to duplicate, then select a second item but don't actually use go through with using them.

Instead toggle back and forth between selecting and deselecting the second item.

It should increase the number of items in your inventory.

It's perfect for maximizing hard-to-get items like Vagrisk Claws and Earth Mallets.

Practice with Potions until you get the hang of it. :p

CStrife
11-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Near midel, look for the head-hunters. They´re really easy to kill and give you a significant amount of AP.

Peter_20
11-11-2006, 06:02 PM
First of all, you CAN exit the Northern Crater, at least in the American / European releases. :p
There is a big cave entrance at the top of the Crater, from where you can exit and climb the mountain side to the right.

This is my personal strategy:

CLOUD:
Apocalypse
Rune Armlet
Ribbon

CID:
Scimitar
Rune Armlet
Ribbon

YUFFIE:
Rising Sun
Rune Armlet
Ribbon

This is THE equipment you want, because it's the strongest equipment that got the Double and Triple Growth. :D
With this equipment, mastering Materia will be a breeze.

Oh, and keep a look-out for the Movers; they give 800 AP each, and always come in groups of three. :thumb:

TheSpoonyBard
11-12-2006, 07:38 PM
One could argue that Cid's Javelin is better than his Scimitar. Javelin is 5x2 (10) whereas Scimitar is 2x3 (6). 10 > 6, so the Javelin gains more AP overall. However, if you just need to focus on two materia, then the Scimitar would be better.

Northcrest
11-12-2006, 08:29 PM
I usually go to the under water sunken submarine thing into the hall where you fight unknwon 1,2, and 3 plus the serphant.

Deathchant
12-04-2006, 10:36 AM
mideel, fight the headhunters. They give you 320AP, because they always come in 3 or 4.