PDA

View Full Version : OMFG BANNANAS

Cruise Control
10-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Having just finished Ogre Battle 64, I'm a little bored, game-wise at the moment. So why not spice things up a little FFTA challenge. I was thinking of a Marche only challenge.

This may seem impossible on the surface, but I think it can be done (barely). I think if I manipulate stat growth while leveling, I can pull it off.
First of all, the rules:
1. I can only use Marche (when I'm forced to bring Montblanc, I'll use him, eventually he'll be so weak it won't matter).
2. No cheating (It'll be hard knowing I can get 99 of everything with my gameshark)

Thats all. But, the hard part is planning my levels. Skyblade, I could use some help. I was thinking of starting as a soldier, and leveling as one until I learn the abilities First Aid, and Speed Break, and Shield-Bearer (or until I hit level 10, whichever is first). I'll switch to a thief, to learn the steal abilities. Then I'll switch to a white mage for 10 levels (learning Protect, Shell, Reflect and the cure spells). After that, I'll immediately work on becoming a Ninja, leveling like that till I'm level 50.

This will be nigh impossible, but if I learn Protect, Shell, and cure spells pronto, and use White Mage as Secondary with my Ninja, it'll become much easier. The problem is, that soloing with a white mage will be uber hard, so I'll need to first master an instant death move with another class, and I have no idea what class has it.

So, can someone tell me how soon in the game I can get equips that have instant death. And also some tips or ideas on how to grow stats would help.

Sylvie
10-15-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm pretty sure the Sniper learns Doom pretty early on.

Frozen Phantom
10-15-2006, 05:42 AM
1 problem with that Genji....Sniper is a Vierina(just cant spell it right) only class, which means thats out of the question unless nosebleed can hack a human with vierina classes (which i doubt)

Sylvie
10-15-2006, 06:00 AM
XD Silly me. I forgot about that.

NINJA_Ryu
10-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Hmm, my advice would be soilder-fighter, and learn some good near KO moves while your a WM, or go BM and then WM, then youll be set for ilusionist ^ ^

Cruise Control
10-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Illusionist is unacceptable. I need a high speed if I'm going to survive eight guys tanking me. Hence Ninja. Actually, I just need to know how soon I can learn Petrify/Doom/Death, and how fast.

EDIT: This blows. Humans can't learn any variant of death/doom/petrify.

So my new flow chart is.

Archer: Block arrows, aim legs
Thief: Steal Weapon, steal armor
Fighter/Paladin: Reflex/Strikeback (whatever I have acess to first)
White Mage: Shell, Protect, Cure

Then, I'll do two levels as a Ninja, one as a Paladin, and one as a fighter, over and over till I hit fifty. xD

Angel Ring and Fairy shoes are priority too.

Iceglow
10-15-2006, 11:50 PM
why not just divide up the remaining levels to 50 by the jobs to the odds you wish to have then just train the easiest one first?

Cruise Control
10-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Because, certain abilities are essential, and once I get those, thats what im doing. But if I do say 20 Ninja in a row, then 10 each, I'll develop an issue. While gaining loads of speed, I won't be gaining any strength/defense. So, I'll rotate to make it even during the whole process.

Cruise Control
10-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Alright 4 missions done. W00t! I did the harb picking crap. While the monsters were gang-banging Montblanc, I ran around behind them, abd picked them off with my archery. Montblancs Black Magic helped. I used a Phoenix down.

Oh, before hand, I stripped them all of equips, and sold doubles. I bought a Char bow, Green hat, bronze armor, bronve helm, and some battle boots.

I completed Fire Fire!, by picking off the bomb in front of me, and making good use of the fact I can move farther than bombs. I did dueling sub (dispatch), and recieved a Kris Knife.

I did the Wanted mission with Dagelhev.
The field was so:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x D x
x T xxxxxxx A x
x x x x
x x x x
x Dxxxxxxx x
x M x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since I had block arrows, I ran down the right side, blowing past the archer, got a shot on Dagelhev, and sarted going in circle avoiding enemies, till he died.

Skyblade
10-16-2006, 04:23 PM
The really annoying thing about doing a Marche solo is that you won't be able to do a lot of the dispatch missions.

Since you're just using Marche, you're also going to lose some of the abilities that would be very helpful to you, such as Angel Whisper.

Your reaction ability should be either Strikeback or Reflex, since the enemy uses normal attacks fairly often, and both of those will keep them from damaging you. You may want to switch to the Hunter class once you've got some decent speed. Hunter is very well rounded, has incredible range, and can deal with monsters very effectively with Sidewinder. And having Strikeback on a long range character allows you to sometimes block arrow attacks and shoot back, similar to return arrows.

ljkkjlcm9
10-16-2006, 07:12 PM
The Hunter has the best human skills, in my opinion. I usually end up training as a ninja/fighter/some mage, then leaving Marche as a Paladin with Hunter skills. Paladin has a number of healing abilities and such, and Hunter has long distance attacks against groups of enemies and ultima.

THE JACKEL

Cruise Control
10-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Which ability can I get first? Strikeback, or Reflex?

Iceglow
10-16-2006, 08:25 PM
strike back I do believe. Reflex requires mirage vest (I think) which is first available against babus.

Monster Hunt
10-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Unfortunately mirage vest are only for bangaa's (white monks) and nu mou's (sages). I'm not sure because I haven't been playing it lately but the genji armour would provide you with reflex and the wygar would give you strike back. You get the wygar first as you might of guessed- therefore, you get Strikeback first.

As Sky said doing a Marche solo is hard. You can't send him out on any dispatch missions therefore at one point you may not be able to progress in the game.
You can learn most of the attack for the human race (due to the fact that you can't do any dispatch missions, you'll miss out on some), even angel whisper although it would be very hard, i've done this (Charm the Sprite after killing all of the enemies APART FROM ONE other than it, then get hit by the one enemy until you are kneeling down... survive until the sprite heals you- *remember to have learning on!).

I suggest that you become a hunter- they are strong, fast and long ranged not to mention they have pretty decent magic power. Equip them with things with the best defense then he's great.

Cruise Control
10-17-2006, 10:29 AM
I just figured out its Wygar, but when do I get it. I also realized, if there is more than one zombie/vampire in a story mission, unless I'm an illusionist, I'm screwed.

EDIT: I kept my clan, so I can do the Stone missions.

Monster Hunt
10-17-2006, 12:42 PM
On zombies and vampires cast cure or use a potion on them... I don't get why you have to be an illusionist.

Wygars are obtained first when you either steal it off someone (usually a fighter or a gladiator) or a skill level up special item gift or if you do a special sort of country / treasure hunt organisation you will get it- there are probably many other ways. Now Sky will probably jump in soon and explain it to you in further detail.

PS: You can get wygars from a clan battle but the odds of getting it is low.

Skyblade
10-17-2006, 03:41 PM
For Zombies/Vampires, play as a Hunter/Archer with Aim abilities and Concentrate, then use Burial. Not the best accuracy rate, but very nice effect.

Cruise Control
10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
I'd need an illusionist, so I can kill them all at once. They ressurect in three turns. I also just beat Proffersor Lost.

It was uber challenging. I had to have 5 phoenix downs. First, I used Aim: Legs on zombies, till Auggie used drain and killed both the flans, then auggie used a potion on a zombie, and I used a phoenix down on another, we both did it again, and boom. Then we just massacred teh third.

Most imprtantly, I mastered Aim: Legs, that'll help a lot (net some time to heal), and only need 80 more AP to get Block Arrows.

Skyblade
10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
That's what Burial is for. Use Burial, while they are still alive, and they vanish and won't return. Their bodies completely disappear, and they cannot be revived. It can even eliminate undead who have full health, if it hits. Unfortunately, it only has about a 30% accuracy rating.

Cruise Control
10-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Ooooh! <3

By the time I will have learned Block arrows, I will only need 20 more AP for Boost, I might as well learn it and go into Hunter. Sidewinder will rule.

Fireblade13
10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Maybe I might try a challenge for FFTA but If I di then I would have to take Mintblanc and probably some other race which is still a challenge and I'm not that good.

So should it be Viera or numou? I don't think Bangaa are really so awesome that I would want them as my third.

Iceglow
10-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Bangaa are useful as tanks though unless you make marche the tank for montblanc and someone else.

NINJA_Ryu
10-18-2006, 01:45 AM
My idea is have one of each, and only stick with that.

I wonder though, with only one of each race, the dispatch missions are open, but whats the level limit? 99? since im wondering if each race can learn all ther good skills.

O, and this screwed me up a bit, but need marche too (damn, why cant he go on missions? gr....)

Cruise Control
10-18-2006, 03:00 AM
You need 2 humans (marche + dispatch), 2 moogles (montblanc
dispatch), a Banga, and a Viera, all level 50, every ability for every class mastered. Thats what I did.

Monster Hunt
10-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Ooooh! <3

By the time I will have learned Block arrows, I will only need 20 more AP for Boost, I might as well learn it and go into Hunter. Sidewinder will rule.

If you can get the bow, yes? And besides, you need 2 A-Abilities to become a hunter!

NINJA_Ryu
10-18-2006, 11:01 PM
You need 2 humans (marche + dispatch), 2 moogles (montblanc
dispatch), a Banga, and a Viera, all level 50, every ability for every class mastered. Thats what I did.

wha? rgh, darnit, i liked my one idea....

well, im off to play! after i beat my 5 trillion other games lying in wait..*glances around*

Cruise Control
10-19-2006, 01:03 AM
xD I already have 2 active. While mastering Block Arrows (which saved my life multiple times during the Thesis mission) I mastered Aim: Legs, AND Boost. This "challenge" suddenly got super easy after completing The Cheetahs. I'm already doing missions in the desert.

Monster Hunt
10-19-2006, 12:09 PM
:) Ah, that's good news!

Cruise Control
10-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I did hit a minor road-block, but I put on spiked tires and rolled over it like an elderly woman.

The problem was in the Desert Peril mission, there was a flan. The problem was the stupid /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif had 30 hp. HOW IRRITATING. I then realized they regenerate MP. I had it down to 4, and it cast thundara to fully heal.
After I had spent 30 minutes killing everything else (which was hard, Antlion could blind me and the top left red panther could poison), I couldn't' win.

So I tried being a Black Mage, with my sleet rod, but I only had 25 MP. So, I was thinking, when I noticed that Lightning was coming up on the forbidden list. Cha-ching! So now, I'm doing the Lost Ring mission, and I already defeated Dread Raven, what a joke.

Oh, great and terrible news. Since I'm keeping the rest of my clan, the random clans are like level 5, and I'm level 12. It makes for easy AP farming. But, I can't level off them because I get 1 exp, such a double-edged sword.

Monster Hunt
10-21-2006, 05:29 AM
I suppose that's what missons are for... At least you'll have some great fun (not sarcastic) when you fight the totemas! But you're level twelve... Famfrit shouldn't be a problem...

Cruise Control
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
He was a minor irritation at 14. I have encountered a problem. Diamond Rain.

2 Ice Dragons
1 Ice Flan
1 Red Lamia
1 Red Bomb

I can't do it. Even if I can kill the bomb and lamia, the 2 Dragons and the Flan heal each other. Theres no ice law, ever. And I can't get my hand on a Damage: Human law card, if I could, that would solve my problem.

Frozen Phantom
10-23-2006, 12:15 AM
I thought the anti Damage: race cards didnt appear for quite awhile in the game? I doupt you can get one at your point. Thought that is a good idea for latter.

Iceglow
10-23-2006, 01:05 AM
hmm get your hands on a law card for ice then its solved part of the problem.

Skyblade
10-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Switch to a melee class and equip an Ice Shield. Then wait until their MP is gone and crush them.

Also, ditch some of your other clan mates, to raise the average level of your clan and get you some better training in random clan encounters.

Cruise Control
10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, but Flans regenerate MP, won't it heal itself?

EDIT: Right now, before I ditch my clan members, I'm AP farming. I want to get all available Black and White magic (obviously excluding Life, since it's useless). Then I'll go Blue Mage to learn Immunity and some Blue Magic (that one clan has three: Matra Magic, Blow-Up, Level 3 DF-Less). Then I'll get two soldier abilities, and learn Wep. Def +.

I picked up an Ice law card, so I should be fine.

Skyblade
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
True, MP regenerates at a rate of 5 per turn. So I suppose, if you can't take out a flan in a turn or two, you won't have much luck. Hopefully, though, you're faster than the flans are, enough to take twice as many turns as they do. Otherwise, it will be nearly immpossible to take them out with any physical class, since Humans don't have a Doom move. But, a mage class can fix that problem, or, if you're fast enough, you can deplete MP and hit them with Matra Magic.

Cruise Control
10-23-2006, 07:05 PM
I'll just uce my Ice card.

EDIT: Should I bother hunting?
EDIT2: And how does Oust work?

Fireblade13
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
For the most part in your case I would stick to add cards. Once you get mateus (sucks its no.5) then it should be much easier. Just remem ber to specialize or youll wind up with stats that are stretched to thin.

Cruise Control
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh, I'm specialized. remember, I'm only getting 1 exp. an attack. So 10 exp. a battle, but 50 AP. I'm not leveling very often. I'm leveling as a NInja for speed. But, should I hunt?

Skyblade
10-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Why hunt? March can't morph.

So, you're going to go through the game training only in missions? It's fun, I did that on my very first playthrough, since I didn't realize how the enemy levels are computed for random clan encounters/area attacks.

Cruise Control
11-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Okay, this went on the back burner once I got a book, but I'm back.

Problem. I'm stuck on Adralmech. I have Fire and Ice law cards, but they aren't helping.

aquatius
11-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Try killing the other enemies off 1 by 1 before tackling Adrammalech, and make sure your HP stays high.

Sam250
12-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Ha, good luck, youll need it!

Developers should really support these insane ventures, like 'No Items' or 'No leveling up' quests. I mean, it seems a little pointless. Deveopers should give you some insanly powerful item for completing it.

aquatius
12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Sam250, he restarted this: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=97561