PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

fantasyjunkie
10-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Turned on my comp today and Firefox didn't have any of my bookmarks anymore :(

Jebus
10-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah, that happens to me all the time. But I had a backup this time.

However, once I got my bookmarks back, suddenly flash videos crash Firefox, and it makes me sad everytime I go to youtube.

fantasyjunkie
10-15-2006, 07:53 AM
no! Not my youtube! :( :cry:

o_O
10-15-2006, 07:56 AM
You've probably started Firefox in a different profile. It usually happens after it crashes.

Click Start > Run and type "firefox.exe -ProfileManager"

Select the profile that is your normal one, and you should have your bookmarks back.

Araciel
10-15-2006, 08:01 AM
what's a bookmark? :P

Samuraid
10-15-2006, 11:15 AM
It's like a "favorite" in Internet Explorer.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-15-2006, 12:10 PM
I was using firefox for like a year, but just last month I switched over to opera so I can type apostrophe in here w/o fear of it assuming I want to look for something.

rubah
10-15-2006, 05:58 PM
What does typing ' have to do with anything?

Jowy
10-15-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm using Firefox and I can ' just fine.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Xaven
10-15-2006, 07:29 PM
I was using firefox for like a year, but just last month I switched over to opera so I can type apostrophe in here w/o fear of it assuming I want to look for something.
I have that problem too.

The way I fix it is opening another browswer window, type some jibberish into some random text box, then come back and your apostrophe should work fine.

crono_logical
10-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I suggest playing with the Accessibility options under Tools > Options > Advanced if you're having a problem with the apostrophe :p I have the second one ticked and never get this problem :p Other workarounds include browsing to about:config and setting accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar to 1 :p Or even just press your Windows key on the keyboard twice to open/close the start menu (actually to take focus away from then give it back to Firefox) to fix it in that window :p

Dr Unne
10-16-2006, 12:18 AM
If you click a form element, it should let you type in that form element. It only jumps into typeahead find when no form element has focus.

But yeah, you can disable it like cl_out said. Though I find typeahead find very useful. It follows standard Vim keybindings, typing / to start searching for text.