PDA

View Full Version : Human Cloning. Do you wanna be cloned?

The Devil Man
10-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Greetings my wonderful friends on EoFF! Your beloved Devil Man returns to you with yet another top quality Thread. Are you not happy that he spoils you so much with his educational topics? :spin: Yes, I bet you are!

Devil Man wants to ask you... do you wish you could be cloned? Do you wish there were more of you in the world?

Because Devil Man does :( He has not slept because he had a wonderful night and shall go bed soon. Last night he had fun but he broke many hearts. For you see...

Devil Man went to a club with his some friends. He went to Walkabout in London and when he was there... AAAAAAAAALL the ladies were over your wonderful friend Devil Man! :love: Yes indeed! Many girls showered your beloved Devil Man with kisses and cuddles and they danced the night away with him. They were truly blessed by the Gods. The Gods were kind to provide a man such as Devil Man for them to play with :roll:

But not that blessed :(

For you see... not all the ladies could dance with Devil Man or kiss him :crying: It is true!

And this is because... there is only one Devil Man and faaaaaaar too many women for him to satisfy! :crying2:

Many girls hearts were broken last night :whimper: They had to look on in sadness as other girls enjoyed the pleasure of Mother Nature that is Devil Man...

Devil Man was truly sad :( He does not like breaking girls hearts. It is wrong!

And there is only one solution... He must be cloned! :eek: Yes, yes, yes! Devil Man must be cloned! That way every girl would be happy as can be and there would be no more sadness in the world! The world needs more Devil Man! :eek:

So Devil Man wants to know, oh beloved EoFF'ers... do you wanna be cloned too?

Would you be happy to see more of you in the world?

vorpal blade
10-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Unless you've already cloned yourself, you are one-of-a-kind. As such, you get your pick of the ladies. But if you have a clone, what's to stop the more desireable ladies from flocking to your clone, leaving you with the rest?

I don't want to be cloned. Got that? No clones of me. Ever. So of course there isn't an army of my clones in my secret basement secretly training and plotting to take over the world. Nope. Not at all! 'cause I'm not gonna get cloned. Not me.

Christmas
10-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Imagine if we clone LITTLE MANUS and the whole world is overrun by such vermins. :(

Anaisa
10-15-2006, 11:27 AM
I am unsure. I would like to be cloned so there was a whole fleet of Anaisa's, an we could take over the world. They would be called: "The Anaisaettes". But then I would no longer be special. So I just can't decide!

McLovin'
10-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Of course I would. That way sometimes one could go to school and then I'd stay at home and vice versa. I can train my clone to do my homework and do all my tests. *starts evil diabolic rambling*

Madame Adequate
10-15-2006, 01:20 PM
As a whole person? Cloning would serve me no purpose. At the point of his creation our experiences would differ and thus we would be different people anyway, so it would after a short while be neither here nor there that I was cloned, they'd just be another person, merely one who looked like me and had the same susceptabilities to inheritable conditions.

Cloning has far more interest applications though; specifically, the cloning of body parts to replace ones which have been damaged through injury or illness. Now that kind of stuff, that's classy work, and I am all for pressing ahead at all speed with research on such technologies.

Old Manus
10-15-2006, 01:34 PM
As long as they wear stormtrooper-esque suits and fight battle droids, I'm down with that.

Hawkeye
10-15-2006, 01:40 PM
It really depends on the sanctity of human life. All I see emanating from cloning is the using of persons for a specific use, and only as objects. Personally, as a human, I wouldn't want to be viewed like this.

Breine
10-15-2006, 02:53 PM
No, I wouldn't like to be cloned. I like to be an individual and I think I wouldn't even like it if I had a twin, eventhough I know twins can be different personality-wise. Having someone else looking exactly like myself would suck.

XandrewX
10-15-2006, 03:01 PM
If he can follow what I said or be my friend I won't mind being clone...

Levian
10-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Ooh, I could try out the multiplayer function in FF9 without having a social life.

NorthernChaosGod
10-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Yeah, but only so when my organs fail I could take his.

Reles
10-17-2006, 02:46 AM
I probably wouldn't, but it'd be interesting to view yourself from yourself (err that was confusing) to get a better glimpse at who you are, I think I'd learn a lot if I ever did that. But overall, no, I wouldn't see any other point. I don't necessarily want her causing me any trouble, like seducing men, then me getting into trouble with my significant other, or her seducing my S.O. man that would be such a soap opera.

Zeromus_X
10-17-2006, 02:46 AM
Ooh! That's a great idea. Fresh new organs...:cat:

Giga Guess
10-17-2006, 04:18 AM
I don't think the world is ready for another Giga Guess.

LunarWeaver
10-17-2006, 05:03 AM
Not if I have to raise my clone, because I hate all children, even myself as a child. So only if he spits out at the same age I am with all my memories or something. Otherwise he'd just be like a son I never wanted.

Other then that, sure! I'd name him Popsicle and we could sip coffee and be bored together :jess:

But Popsicle best not take my things without asking :mad2: *shakes fist*

Marluxiaswife
10-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Nah, to scarey and my clone might be evil or something bad about me seen i'm nice, and god made us so i don't want to have another me walking around doing the stuff i would never do :(

Nominus Experse
10-17-2006, 06:40 AM
My answer is no to the thought of creating an identical me.

My answer to a the idea of harvesting body parts and the like - absolutely.

Rainecloud
10-17-2006, 07:16 AM
I thought you'd decided to leave forever? O_o

No, I wouldn't like to be cloned. Although it would help me out in certain situations (see the Simpsons Halloween Special with the cloned Homer episode to see what I mean).

~SapphireStar~
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
God no, one of me is enough!

vorpal blade
10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Is a clone you? or is it a seperate entity? If you kill your clone, is it suicide or homicide? And if you have sex with it, would that be masturbation? Would it be incest? Would it be fair to have a sports team made solely of clones of one good player? Could you marry your clone (assuming gay marriage is legal)?

Jebus
10-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Cloning whole people really serves no purpose ultimately, however I have no ideological problems with it.

When it comes to body parts, however, while I, again, have no ideological problems with it, I do have business problems. As a cyberneticist in training, every cloned limb or organ takes away from the market share in robotic or mechanical limbs and organs. Every limb or organ that is cloned costs me money.

It's bad enough that most people seem to have problems with having bionic parts, give them a biological alternative, and I'm screwed.

Still. As a scientist, although I have a vested interest in a rival field, I cannot and will not attempt to deny progress in the field. If it ruins me, so be it. That's the price of progress.

But really. Who'd rather have a weak, greasy human limb rather than a clean, efficient, incredibly powerful cybernetic limb, or instead of a heart, a mechanical pump powered by your own bio-electricity, or, when the technology is sufficiently developed, have your immune system replaced by a system of nanomodules that not only protect the body, they repair cellular damage.

I think I know what I'd rather have.

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-17-2006, 11:45 AM
I guess it would make life a lot easier to have two of me. Hellish for the world if we were having a "high" at the same time, unless it doesn't have my bi-polarity.

Rosenti
10-17-2006, 11:54 AM
no... first off human cloneing can go wrong. The clone could come out deformed or just evil. Also dont u think if u make it do ALL ur work for you while you relax. That it wont just kill you? here you think. Imagine yourself as a nobody, you dont have a mother and have no purpose. You wish to enjoy life, but another person that is just like u. Makes you do every single job while the take the rewards. Wouldnt you kill that person and act like your the real person and not the clone?

think about it... besides there is only one of you in this world, that makes us all specail. If there were two, then your not specail and everyone else is..

Rocket Edge
10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
For me, it's a crystal-clear no.

Mirage
10-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Cloning all of me? No thanks. Cloning a set of new lungs if I fucked up the ones I have, yes please.

Is a clone you? or is it a seperate entity? If you kill your clone, is it suicide or homicide? And if you have sex with it, would that be masturbation? Would it be incest? Would it be fair to have a sports team made solely of clones of one good player? Could you marry your clone (assuming gay marriage is legal)?

It'd be like an identical twin. Marriage shouldn't be allowed, I think, and killing it would be homicide.

Captain Maxx Power
10-17-2006, 12:54 PM
You don't want to clone me. The universe would collapse in on itself if there were two of me. It can barely deal with me half of the time.

Iceglow
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
I already HAVE been cloned! Tinker's stole my hair and sent it to Loony BoB which means I have clones out there somewhere!

Quindiana Jones
10-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I can barely stand one of me :bigsmile:

Polaris
10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
I can barely stand one of me :bigsmile:

True :( Two Ice Angels would be too bad!

Quindiana Jones
10-17-2006, 09:42 PM
I'll have one if you don't want her?

Vincent, Thunder God
10-17-2006, 10:08 PM
No. If he retained my whole personality, it would wreck my indivivuality. If not, it would just be awkward. Besides, I could be implicated in whatever wrongdoings he was responsible for.

(Well, assuming the clone was exactly my age. It seems that a true clone would have to be born as a child, if you pay attention to current cloning developments.)

Lionheart=pwnage
10-17-2006, 11:33 PM
I wanna be cloned. Me and my clones could take over the world. GO ME. YEAH.

Evastio
10-17-2006, 11:41 PM
I'd never want to be cloned. The world has room for only one of me. Same with everyone else.

escobert
10-17-2006, 11:57 PM
a army of mes would be cool.

BardTard
10-17-2006, 11:58 PM
If I had a clone, I'd also have a lover!!! :D

Lord Rimoah
10-18-2006, 12:17 AM
I already AM cloned. Total strangers walk up to me like I'm an old friend and call me names I've never used and go and on... The only way I can explain it is that I've been cloned or time-travel, WHICH I haven't done in a long while.

BardTard
10-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Maybe you have a twin that you don't know about. You were separated at birth, maybe?

Araciel
10-18-2006, 01:06 AM
if i wanted a second me running around, i'd probably try to have a kid instead. am i against cloning? no....but a clone is a human being and should have all the same rights and freedoms as we do....organ farming is a good idea, but i don't think i'd need a clone for organs....if i was going to die, hopefully someone was kind enough to donate what i needed, and if nothing was available, i'd die.

if you were talking about a complete clone, that is to make a copy of me at this age with my memories and personality intact, it wouold be cool....but as soon as he started living, he would become a different person.

if you have sex with your clone is it incest or masturbation??

vorpal blade
10-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Should clones have rights? Are they owned by the lab in whiche they are created? Or do they get to enjoy the same rights as any normal citizen? On the one hand, they are products of a lab, just like robots. However, they have the same genetic code as their pair. Thus, they have human DNA, which makes them human.