PDA

View Full Version : We all know the US is in Iraq...

Goldenboko
10-16-2006, 01:10 AM
... but do you think that the US should pull out? I ask this because the next US President Elections are probably going to revolve around this topic. I don't really know where I stand.

Jimsour
10-16-2006, 01:14 AM
i'm not american so it doesnt matter to me about presidential elections, one president is like another as far as im concerned.

yes, they should pull out, but then they are just repeating what happened in the first gulf war minus saddam. the only thing that will change if america and britain pulled out would be how much more the iraqi police will do.. the puppet parliament is firmy in place already.

Goldenboko
10-16-2006, 01:15 AM
i'm not american so it doesnt matter to me about presidential elections, one president is like another as far as im concerned.

yes, they should pull out, but then they are just repeating what happened in the first gulf war minus saddam. the only thing that will change if america and britain pulled out would be how much more the iraqi police will do.. the puppet parliament is firmy in place already.

Well I do care who becomes in charge of the US's Nukes...

Jowy
10-16-2006, 01:15 AM
If they pulled out immediately, it would be anarchy. Gradually letting the soldiers come home and not sending any out there would be a better solution.

Also, Mosh by Eminem came up on my playlist as I was typing this. freaky.

Jimsour
10-16-2006, 01:17 AM

The US is not going to nuke any other country with nuclear weapons, and those countries with nuclear weapons are the only ones worth nuking, as far as america would be concerned. all the nuclear countries that america doesnt like have enough arms to retaliate. you cant win a nuclear war.

besides the president isnt the supreme power of the country and military.. tony blair holds more control over britain and its military then george bush does over america and its military.

Leen-Leen
10-16-2006, 01:18 AM
If they pulled out immediately, it would be anarchy. Gradually letting the soldiers come home and not sending any out there would be a better solution.

Goldenboko
10-16-2006, 01:20 AM

The US is not going to nuke any other country with nuclear weapons, and those countries with nuclear weapons are the only ones worth nuking, as far as america would be concerned.

besides the president isnt the supreme power of the country and military.. tony blair holds more control over britain and its military then george bush does over america and its military.

Yes, but if US nukes anywhere its a bad thing.

Point taken on the part of how little contol president has, but he's got some power... Right?
Meh, I suck with politics.

Jimsour
10-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Aye, he has power, but no one is nuking anyone anytime soon. If America wanted too it could send one into Pongyang, or singapore, or moscow tomorow, but it would just result in those countries sending another one (or more) back to Washington, so who wins?

Ironically, countries are arming themselves to the teeth for nuclear "peace".

Spammerman
10-16-2006, 01:26 AM
It all depends on how well some1 can support their position. The terrorist threat is going, and we need someone to supress them. The real question is; Is American the right country to handle the job?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-16-2006, 01:34 AM
The US is in North America. Maybe you should brush up on your geography before you go headlong into politics.

Goldenboko
10-16-2006, 01:40 AM
The US is in North America. Maybe you should brush up on your geography before you go headlong into politics.

[saracastic] Ha, ha real funny... [saracastic]

Skarr
10-16-2006, 01:46 AM
(freaky) You should know better.(what are these for???)

DarkLadyNyara
10-16-2006, 05:47 AM

The president is Commander in Cheif of the US millitary. He is the head of their chain of command. I'd say he holds quite a bit of control.

On topic, I think we at least need to set a solid deadline for a pullout. Maybe it'll give the Iraqi government an incentive to stand on it's own feet. I don't propose leaving without warning and letting the country collapse.

Rainecloud
10-16-2006, 06:45 AM

Sounds like a sensible solution.

Not enough time to do that before the elections, though, is there?

Jowy
10-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Highly doubtful. Unless they just drop everything and listen to me, which is pretty unlikely.

nik0tine
10-16-2006, 09:18 AM
I say we just make a fucking glass crater out of the middle east for all I care.

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Bring back the troops ASAP!

Jimsour
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM

The president is Commander in Cheif of the US millitary. He is the head of their chain of command. I'd say he holds quite a bit of control.

On topic, I think we at least need to set a solid deadline for a pullout. Maybe it'll give the Iraqi government an incentive to stand on it's own feet. I don't propose leaving without warning and letting the country collapse.

Thats a title, in practise other people control the military.

The sooner the US pulls out of Iraq the sooner the puppet parliament can stand on its own two feet. Britain and America have been training the iraqi forces for how long now? :greenie: Should be enough already.

Chances are the US and Britain will never fully pull out, there will always be some sort of garrisson somewhere.

bipper
10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
YEah, cause we know when little boy Billy got into office and he pulled us out of everywhich direction, that helped everyone out. :rolleyes2 Samalia, anyone? If we left now, I think the toll of innocent blood would rais quite dramatically. Besides, we still have so much buisness in the middle east, that needs to be taken care of once and for all. Iraq makes a nice welcome mat now. I also think that pulling out will make us look weak, at least on our interior. Show the terrorist instability in our governing opinions, and they will know how to rock our democratic ship till it sinks.

Christmas
10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
If the US pull, means I need not go back to the Gulf again.

But I doubt it.

Jimsour
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
YEah, cause we know when little boy Billy got into office and he pulled us out of everywhich direction, that helped everyone out. :rolleyes2 Samalia, anyone? If we left now, I think the toll of innocent blood would rais quite dramatically. Besides, we still have so much buisness in the middle east, that needs to be taken care of once and for all. Iraq makes a nice welcome mat now. I also think that pulling out will make us look weak, at least on our interior. Show the terrorist instability in our governing opinions, and they will know how to rock our democratic ship till it sinks.

Considering most deaths have been from coalition forces I dont know how the death roll would rise. the coalition has opened the door to secterian groups thinking they can run the place, it is not americas job (and never was in the first place) to get rid of them, its for the iraqi people as a whole from military to political to their society and community.

pulling out of iraq would help americas forces to be honest. its so far spread out around the world its already looking weak to the new superpowers.

bipper
10-16-2006, 03:50 PM

Considering most deaths have been from coalition forces I dont know how the death roll would rise. the coalition has opened the door to secterian groups thinking they can run the place, it is not americas job (and never was in the first place) to get rid of them, its for the iraqi people as a whole from military to political to their society and community.

pulling out of iraq would help americas forces to be honest. its so far spread out around the world its already looking weak to the new superpowers.

Simple. You only kill the force that is fighting against you, not the ambient one that does not need to fight. If we left, these people would have to fight, or simply supress themselves to whatever force took over. They are currently no match for thier surroundings.

Jimsour
10-16-2006, 03:53 PM
If it where that simple it would be solved already.

bipper
10-16-2006, 04:03 PM
read post? ?:confused: ?

theundeadhero
10-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Personally, pull out because I don't want to go back again.
Politically, bad idea.

A lot of people need to learn the difference in personal and political opinions.

Jimsour
10-16-2006, 04:15 PM

I did read your post. Like I said, if it was as easy as "you defeat the force that is fighting against you" then the war would be over in a day.

bipper
10-16-2006, 04:38 PM

I did read your post. Like I said, if it was as easy as "you defeat the force that is fighting against you" then the war would be over in a day.

ah I see. What I am really saying, is that they are not killing civilians or civil resistance because we are there. They have to deal with us first. Some people disregaurd this, and still attack civilians and such, but they cannot simply lead a fight the way they want, because we are there. We leave, a different war and conflict opens up.

For people who say "b..b.b.b.b.but we had to fight our revolution!?" The are poorly mistaken, as the french had a lot to do with America ever being born.

Christmas
10-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Politically, bad idea.

A lot of people need to learn the difference in personal and political opinions.

We can see each other there. :bigsmile:

But I will be on the ship while you are on the land. :(

bipper
10-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Politically, bad idea.

In the IRAQ SEA? :jess:

Jimsour
10-16-2006, 05:03 PM

ah I see. What I am really saying, is that they are not killing civilians or civil resistance because we are there. They have to deal with us first. Some people disregaurd this, and still attack civilians and such, but they cannot simply lead a fight the way they want, because we are there. We leave, a different war and conflict opens up.

For people who say "b..b.b.b.b.but we had to fight our revolution!?" The are poorly mistaken, as the french had a lot to do with America ever being born.

There has always been secterian violence in iraq, the gangs do not unite to fight america then turn on each other if thats what your saying. secterianism only breeds where it is allowed too, and its not up to america to do anything about it, they are foreign to iraqs underlying problems and the only people that can do anything about it is the iraqi people themselves. that was the same case for my own country and look at it now, secterianism is dying (slowly but surely) and its rare to hear of a paramilitary carrying out secterian killings or beatings, because we dealt with our problem ourselves.

Christmas
10-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Politically, bad idea.

The Gulf to be specific. :bigsmile:

theundeadhero
10-16-2006, 05:11 PM
:sing:

<i>I'd like to be
on the Gulf Sea
In a Brittish Navy ship
with you :hyper:</i>

Resha
10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Not just yet, I don't think. I still don't Iraq's government is stable enough to run the country without US military aid. :/ If the US withdrew all in one shot, then insurgency in Iraq'll go...nuts. I think, anyways. I guess the withdrawal should start somewhat, but it should go gradually. Kinda like what they had in Vietnam -- Vietnamisation?

its not up to america to do anything about it, they are foreign to iraqs underlying problems and the only people that can do anything about it is the iraqi people themselves
Ohhh, that would have held if Saddam were still in power. It doesn't hold now.

bipper
10-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Politically, bad idea.

The Gulf to be specific. :bigsmile:

TIGER WOODS!?!?! :screwy:

Christmas
10-16-2006, 05:19 PM
:sing:

<i>I'd like to be
on the Gulf Sea
In a Brittish Navy ship
with you :hyper:</i>

I never been to a british ship before, only americans. :jess:

It is my dream to visit a air craft carrier one day. :bigsmile:

TIGER WOODS!?!?!

Ah silly, come join the navy and you will know. :bigsmile:

KNOW HOW TO WORK LIKE AN OX!! :mad2:

bipper
10-16-2006, 05:26 PM
TIGER WOODS!?!?!

Ah silly, come join the navy and you will know. :bigsmile:

KNOW HOW TO WORK LIKE AN OX!! :mad2:

I was gonna go straight into the NAVY, but I have asthma. I would hate asthma, but if it wasnt for that and my father pulling off some guys pants, I would have never been born :( Damn you IRONY!