PDA

View Full Version : Look world! Here's my boyfriend/girlfriend!

tan
10-16-2006, 03:30 AM
How do you feel about people who parade their boyfriend and girlfriend around endlessly like some sort of showpony?

I am a bit annoyed with it, especially if and when I see this person all they really do is talk about their boyfriend/girlfriend when it's not really necessary. It's like, yes, I know you two are going out, but shouting it to the world isn't going to suddenly validate your relationship, you know what I mean?

Spammerman
10-16-2006, 03:33 AM
Youre just jealous.im kidding. I only use it against someone, for example, if some1 says youre ugly, unattractive, etc etc etc, i just say, yeah well, i dont see a girl around you, now do I? I usually just keep it to myself, and if some1 asks me I say ask her.

Christmas
10-16-2006, 03:33 AM
It will be a disgrace instead if someone had a boyfriend like NANNY MANUS. :(

BardTard
10-16-2006, 03:34 AM
If I had a boy/girlfriend, I'd show them off and let everyone know they're mine, and hope they do the same for me. I just wouldn't go overboard with it, like sucking face in public, that IS DEFINITELY annoying, and really gross.

tan
10-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Youre just jealous. I only use it against someone, for example, if some1 says youre ugly, unattractive, etc etc etc, i just say, yeah well, i dont see a girl around you, now do I? I usually just keep it to myself, and if some1 asks me I say ask her.

I'm jealous? Of who? It doesn't bother me when a couple talks about each other, but when they do it endlessly it does.

Jack
10-16-2006, 03:35 AM
*shrug*

Psychotic
10-16-2006, 03:41 AM
It's not something I'd ever do. It doesn't really bother me, though. I just don't give people doing that the attention they seek.

Spammerman
10-16-2006, 03:46 AM
Youre just jealous. I only use it against someone, for example, if some1 says youre ugly, unattractive, etc etc etc, i just say, yeah well, i dont see a girl around you, now do I? I usually just keep it to myself, and if some1 asks me I say ask her.

I'm jealous? Of who? It doesn't bother me when a couple talks about each other, but when they do it endlessly it does.

Meant to type just kidding, but my comp likes to go in and out of windows, and i look down when im typing, if you noticed it says just kidding.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Well, I wouldnt really care. Im fine if they wanna talk about they're partner to me, just dont make everthing about that person. Like lets say your talking about you weekend, you say you went to a resteraunt with your family. And they interupt you, AGAIN, and say, 'OMIGOSH, so and so loves that place!', then I would be annoyed, but thats different, so no.

Yamaneko
10-16-2006, 04:15 AM
We have a few of those people here as a matter of fact.

Khaotic
10-16-2006, 04:21 AM
I'm not pointing any fingers, i'll edit this out if you're offended - just PM me.

I personally think its immature love when they do that(online, atleast) but real life, its pretty much different, and unless you're jumping up and down screaming "I LOVE _ _ _ _ _!!!!!!" in a public populated area, its pretty much fine.

Shiny
10-16-2006, 04:27 AM
I find it Tom Cruise-ish to parade around their lovers. Though, I'm not annoyed by it, because it doesn't concern me.

Jowy
10-16-2006, 04:30 AM

I just couldn't keep our love affair a secret any more, Yams! I had to shout your name from the rooftops!

black orb
10-16-2006, 04:31 AM
>>> What's with all these girlfriend related threads lately??..

Cmon, this is a FF forum...

Vermachtnis
10-16-2006, 04:35 AM
It annoys me when someone's world revolves around their boy/girlfriend. Especially when said boy/girlfriend knows that and holds them with a very short lease, so to speak.

Yamaneko
10-16-2006, 04:41 AM

I just couldn't keep our love affair a secret any more, Yams! I had to shout your name from the rooftops!
Did you have to shout so loud? I mean a nice, direct statement of said proclamation would have sufficed. This is why I don't go places with you anymore.

Miriel
10-16-2006, 04:54 AM
Boyfriends/girlfriends are usually a big part of people's lives. And in conversations, they're bound to come up a bunch of times. Just like if you have kids, you're gonna talk about your kids a lot. If you have a bunch of pets, you're gonna talk about them a lot. If you have some really important friends in your life you're gonna be doing, "guess what my friend did last night" a lot. It's natural.

Acid Raine
10-16-2006, 04:55 AM
It bugs me like you wouldnt believe. I wont go any further, because its too easy to slip into a rant, but it just sets me on fire.

Yamaneko
10-16-2006, 04:55 AM
You can tell when it's intentional, though.

Jowy
10-16-2006, 04:56 AM

Did you have to shout so loud? I mean a nice, direct statement of said proclamation would have sufficed. This is why I don't go places with you anymore.

Aww, but I had the whole weekend planned! Now I have to sit alone eating bon-bons and watching Lifetime movies. :(

yojimbosoul
10-16-2006, 05:24 AM
ehhhh......it doesn't bother me........Unless they stick it in my face

XandrewX
10-16-2006, 05:26 AM
I don't mind...maybe I'll be happy for them too..

Khaotic
10-16-2006, 05:33 AM
>>> What's with all these girlfriend related threads lately??..

Cmon, this is a FF forum...

This is General Chat, not the FF forums. (had to be said)

Rainecloud
10-16-2006, 06:49 AM
When I was single, bitter and jealous, I didn't like people showing off their Partners. Now I'm in a Relationship, I don't mind at all, and I now realise how stupid and selfish I was for objecting in the first place.

I don't mention my Girlfriend too much - only when there's a genuine reason for doing so (Eg - in a "do you have a Boyfriend/Girlfriend thread. :P). She is on a few pictures with me in the Album, but I don't see anything wrong with that. If people don't want to look at the Album because they're jealous of others, that's fine. =/

nik0tine
10-16-2006, 07:55 AM
I hate it. It just shows how much respect the two partners have for their own relationship.

Hawkeye
10-16-2006, 08:00 AM
I agree with Yams first statement and Nick on this one (but not to his extent :p ). If you like each other, fine, great, congratulations, however, it is something that can be kept on a low down from people who really don't care.

Araciel
10-16-2006, 08:02 AM
doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Nominus Experse
10-16-2006, 09:27 AM
It becomes bothersome when the relationship is paraded about, like most anything. If they did the same thing with their cat, I would feel the same way. It's simply when something becomes a trophy for all the world to look at, and the holder of this prized relationship seems to flaunt it about... that is when it bothers me.

I understand, however, how it would happen without them actually realizing it. I myself am in a relationship, and have found myself to be what I percieve to be genuine love. When I first admitted to myself and her that I was in love, I wished to scream to the sky and meadow, the trees and birds. I wished to have it known to all and everything that I was in love, and that I was in love with her. I wanted to, but simply said what I felt.

Our love is much more mature, and as such, I can sit back and view how and where our relationship has gone. I was what is many times termed twitterpated. A rush of emotions and hormones coupled with the need to continually tell the other how much you love them. It gets overdone a lot, really.

In many ways, the unnessecary proclamation to the public of one's relationship with another seems like a strange version of PDA. There are moments and words, actions and pictures, that I think should remain private, intimate, and/or sentimental. Those are my thoughts, and some will most likely disagree, but I stand on such a thing.

I just fail at understanding the need or want to continually showcase your love and affection for someone else to the world. Once in a great while may be touching or cute, but to incessantly hear of your relationship with so and so and you did such and such in this place and that...

Wearing a wedding ring, holding hands or eachothers' waists, posting pictures of eachother together in the Album or relevant threads, or speaking of your romantics in proper threads and topics of conversation is perfectly fine. I myself sometimes get carried away when given the chance to talk of her and I and the relationship we share - it's a part of the madness of being in love, perhaps...

But there is a certain point, I think, to where it becomes bothersome and slightly... odd...

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
My cousin does it all the time with her boyfriend. Im so sick of it, specially now Im single. Anything he buys her, she has to parade and show off and refers to himas her sexy partner in crime. Give me a break.

Resha
10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
It's pretty annoying when someone's life begins to revolve around their partner, and there's a distinct lack of independent thinking, but otherwise I don't really care. And I don't think I'd ever do something like that unless someone gave me loooove potions :o

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I know I mention Iceglow sometimes, but it's not all over the place, or every eight secondsIt's people that are constantly all over each other and going on about how much they love their other half. In the first week of a relationship it can be kind of cute, but after that it starts to grate at my nerves.

Loony BoB
10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
It doesn't bother me so long as they don't overdo it to me. Public displays of affection are okay. So long as they're displays of affection between themselves. But when they're talking to me, they don't need to be telling me about what they did last night or anything.

Reles
10-16-2006, 04:28 PM
The only thing that annoys me when someone's all my girlfriend this, my girlfriend that, or vice versa, while they never speak her name, SHE HAS A NAME. I remember getting mad at someone for that because I wasn't aware he ever knew her name and I was all, wtf dude, her name is Stephanie. I mean, that was a pretty lame reason to be mad at someone for, but he treated her like she was "owned." Anyway, not really sure if this has any relevance, but I'm not sure I've witnessed people doing this. I would have to say it's a result of that person feeling insecure to the point where it has to be made known to the world who they're dating so other girls/guys will stay away from their current significant other. If they're insecure in their relationship, then it maybe isn't a very good relationship.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
People use the "my boyfriend/girlfriend" under the assumption that you don't know them, I think. Or they're just silly.

Anyway, I don't mind it to a point, but when they're constantly sucking face in public it's been taken a wee bit too far.