PDA

View Full Version : Auron in Seymore's Mansion ( spoilers )

CVFreak
10-16-2006, 06:27 AM
I noticed today while playing X that when you are inside the mansion when you talk to him before seymore comes in while everyone is eating and waiting around that Tidus says something to him about not liking yevon.

Auron replies to him something like "well I spent alot of time in zanarkand", this struck me as odd because I thought that city was mostly a machina city, and since Tidus is from there and of course from the start of the game till this point he makes no mention of yevon, in fact we gather tidus knows nothing about yevon let alone religion because it seems to not exist in that place or has no mention.

Did he say this to tidus to confuse him ? to hint something else ? we know Auron was gone roughly 10 years after he died and became an unsent, we also know that hardly anyone has probably seen him since most of the people who do know him are wondering about where he is and what he did since he has been gone.

Lets pretend that while Auron magicly was able to enter Tidus world that time flows in a dif way than how it does in the real spira, would he be meaning that while he was in zanarkand he had enough time to figure out what the yevon religion was really like ?

I'm just a little confused over his reply in this part.

Finaly did anyone find it downright stupid that SE totaly spoils it by letting you know ( you would have to be a retard not to know at this point ) auron is unsent, in fact seymore points this out in front of EVERYONE who WOULD KNOW what being unsent is, especialy lulu and waka! and if seymore's comment in the dinner hall was not enough, you would think SOMEONE would have noticed the pyrflies swarming around this wandering sam while they are talking...I mean its pretty obvious that npcs AND characters overhear alot of things, like mika when auron comments, when the guado comments to wakka and tidus while wakka is explaining who jyscal was etc...cmon!

Yunas guardians must be very unobservant indeed! how they ever made it to the places they did is beyond me.

Firo Volondé
10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
When Seymour alludes to Auron's unsentness (if that's even a word), he says "Why are you still here?" or something along the lines of that. This could be interepted (by Yuna and co.) as "You're too old to be a guardian, go and retire and have grandkids". Also, at this point of the game nobody would think that any unsents can remain human (Mika would enforce this myth in order to make sure nonbody works out that HE is unsent). That may have made a connection if they knew Tidus knew Auron from Zanarkand, but they don't, and Tidus doesn't think about it until they meet Yunalesca, at which point Auron must feel Tidus is mature enough to handle the truth.

Auron's Zanarkand comment could mean either his years in DZ would make anyone opposed to Yevon's anti-machina teachings, or when he learns the truth about Yevon 10 years ago with Yunalesca.

Mirage
10-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Time flows at the same pace in Dream Zanarkand as in the rest of spira, because Dream Zanarkand is a physical location in Spira.

Renmiri
10-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Time flows at the same pace in Dream Zanarkand as in the rest of spira, because.....
Shhhh!!!!

Don't spoil the plot for him. :p