PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Have to say Im a very boring person and dont have one. My mum, uncles, aunt and 2 cousins have them and I remember my mum saying I was forbidden to have one, then she showed up with one!

I seen a woman afew years ago at a Biffy Clyro concert and she had small stars scattered over her hands. She said they were only temp cause it could prove difficult to get a job if they are on show.

But my cousins, aunt and mum have them on their backs and I mean, why have them there?! You cant show it off unless you wear a costume, bikini or are willing to take your top off to show it off!

Have you got any?

Araciel
10-16-2006, 11:49 AM
nope...i have a few ideas though

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-16-2006, 12:18 PM
I have three, one on my thigh (a rose aand a heart, that I desighned) a black widow spider on my right hip and a heart in a spider web on my left hip. They all have meanings to me.

Giga Guess
10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
All my tats.

ℓσ˘кнαятαиgєℓ
10-16-2006, 01:30 PM
i was thinking about it
i had the idea of a rose with my name on my shoulder but i dont know if i want one now

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Wow, interesting tats Giga Guess! The first 2 look painful!

DK
10-16-2006, 01:31 PM
looks like some1 has love handles

Critical hit....to ego.....don't know....if I can take any more.....>_<

This was one of my favourite exchanges in recent times. :jess:

I don't have any tattoo's yet, but i'd like to get a few some day.

Giga Guess
10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
looks like some1 has love handles

Critical hit....to ego.....don't know....if I can take any more.....>_<

This was one of my favourite exchanges in recent times. :jess:

....and then I get flack 'cuz my back's a bit on the hairy side....

Wow, interesting tats Giga Guess! The first 2 look painful!

The writing....was excruciating. The left half wasn't too bad, but the right half was simply awful. The Zodiac wheel, though? Not as bad...it still hurt, but but it wasn't too bad.

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 01:48 PM
I admire people who can go through needle pain! God I hate needles so much :( Im going to try and get some pics of my uncles tattoos as he has a Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow, Batman, Taz from Looney Tunes, and Darth Maul.

Araciel
10-16-2006, 01:54 PM
I admire people who can go through needle pain! God I hate needles so much :( Im going to try and get some pics of my uncles tattoos as he has a Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow, Batman, Taz from Looney Tunes, and Darth Maul.

i love the 'needle pain' part:mog:

Giga Guess
10-16-2006, 01:59 PM

i love the 'needle pain' part:mog:

My sister describes it as theraputic. I describe her as crazy, but I can see her point (No pun intended.)

Jowy
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
<a href=http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/photos/5578/jowy6.jpg>Just the one on my neck.</a>

It wasn't as painful as it looks.

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-16-2006, 03:22 PM
I like that Jowy.

I really should get some pictures taken of mine.

theundeadhero
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
This is the only one a have a picture of. Right when it was brand new.

http://www.geocities.com/floydsarmy/tattoo.bmp

I also have a Nirvana and Kenshin tattoo.

escobert
10-16-2006, 05:00 PM
I hav "Cannabis time" on my underforamr on my right arm. it's in Kanji.

Pete for President
10-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't have one, but I'm thinking of getting my bandname tattooed on my arm.

A friend of mine has the Ramones logo on his left-arm, looks cool.

Jess
10-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Just the one. It's on the bottom of my back and it is a moon and a star. The moon is coloured purple and the star is coloured pink. It's a celtic type design. I like it. :jess:

In a couple of years I might get another one. If I do it'll be on my hip, and fairly low down. It'll have to have meaning to me, though.

SammieBabe
10-16-2006, 05:45 PM
I've got a small sea turtle on my back. I plan on getting at least one or two more in the future. Hubbie has four.

Chloe.
10-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't have a tattoo. :bigsmile: But my mum has a butterfly tattoo on the back of her shoulder and my brother has this weird thing behind his neck. :p

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
10-16-2006, 05:50 PM
You won´t be proud of your tatts when you´re like 60!

theundeadhero
10-16-2006, 05:52 PM
You won't have fond memories of your crazy youth if you never do anything crazy with your youthfulness.

I have enough that my parents can torment me telling stories to my children of what I did forever.

escobert
10-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I plan to have Time Power Kowledge and Cannabis on one arm, and then the elements going down my other arm, all in Kanji. I may gat "NaS" somewhere but I dunno.

Misfit
10-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't have any tattoo's ... yet. My one friend has big-going-to-small stars going up her side, it looks really neat. I wanna get a small heart or something on the lower side of my tummy, like belt-line. I have a tan-tattoo there, BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME. :(

Bunny
10-16-2006, 06:02 PM
No.

Tattoos are stupid. I cannot fathom the importance of something enough to have it permenantly placed on my body.

Iceglow
10-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I haven't got any at the moment but I have got the ideas for atleast two.

I believe in giving your designs continuity for example if you have tribal stick to it don't go all celtic suddenly! So I wanna go with a mythological/celtic design.

Firstly I want to get two dragons that are carved of stone facing each other, their tails form a type of very angular celtic knot. Behind their heads is a moon with a few wispy clouds covering it and their eyes are glowing, one blue one green/red. The meaning behind this one is very simple, I have a temper that I keep well hidden most of the time, this temper is very violent and infact makes me relatively dangerous even to my friends, the dragon on the right represents that side of me whilst the left represents my usual calm friendly demeanour.

Second design I want is a Phoenix with flames and inbetween the wings would be Tinkerbells name. Although a lot of people wierd out at the idea of someones name on them, Tinkerbell restored my shattered faith in women and for that even if things didn't quite work out I would probably keep the tat as I would still owe her.

Polaris
10-16-2006, 08:47 PM
WTF thunderheroe I loved ur tattoo it's amazing... :D
Not yet, but I'm planing making two: a cross on my foot and Vagrant Story symbol in my stomach probably!

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Im very tempted to get a tattoo, I mean what theundeadhero makes sense. I dont want to be 60 odd and regret my life. But what would I get? I like the sound of yours Jess, sounds lovely!

Quindiana Jones
10-16-2006, 09:15 PM
When I was younger I wanted to get a huge celtic design horizontally from shoulder to shoulder (on the back), but now I don't think of it so much. If I were to get one, it'd be that.

Rainecloud
10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
No, but I'd very much like to have a "Tribal" tattoo of some decription.

My Family/Friends/Girlfriend would kill me, though. :p

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I love this tattoo!
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/31/prisonbreak_narrowweb__300x507,0.jpg

I know its not really, but damm! Love Wentworth :D

Quindiana Jones
10-16-2006, 09:29 PM
http://www.tattooblog.org/images/r_lizard_man.jpg

Now that's a tattoo!

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 09:49 PM
That looks painful! Where would he get a job?!

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-16-2006, 09:52 PM
freak show?

Quindiana Jones
10-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Zoo.

Iceglow
10-16-2006, 10:06 PM
That is the Lizard man, he also has a forked tongue which looks disgusting

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Damn you don't like it? I was going to get one. I want to get two dragons on my back next.

theundeadhero
10-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Lizard Men don't have jobs.

fire_of_avalon
10-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Dodongos. :O

Part of tattooing is the specialness of the image to you, but another part of it is the preservation of artwork on one's own body. Personally, I wouldn't cover myself from head to foot with ink, but if I found something that moved me powerfully I might have it stuck on me. Then again, permanence bothers me to no end, so I don't really know.

Christmas
10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
http://www.tattooblog.org/images/r_lizard_man.jpg

Now that's a tattoo!

http://faculty.frostburg.edu/admin/rsmith/spidey%20html/lizard.jpg

It's that guy spiderman's best friend? :bigsmile:

Jowy
10-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Lizard Men don't have jobs.

I'm sure with Soul Calibur, that Lizard Man could get anything he wanted. Maybe even Lizard Woman!

Shaun
10-17-2006, 03:10 PM
*sigh* Another tattoo topic. :) I will never, ever, get a tattoo. I'm not saying why, but I just won't.