PDA

View Full Version : Last names for Sora, Riku, Kairi, and other kids?

SuperMillionaire
10-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Can you make up last names for Sora, Riku, Kairi, and other kids? The only last name I can think of is "Keyheart" for Sora. Does anyone have other last names for Sora and the other (original) kids in KH?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Sora Hugefoot
Riku Sephclone
Kairi Jailbait

Markus. D
10-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Sora ... Sora Sora

Kairi Alixa

Riku Sombarda

SuperMillionaire
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
DO NOT MAKE JOKES. Those names are jokes.

I need serious names. Example:

Sora Keyheart

Levian
10-16-2006, 03:56 PM
It's not mentioned in the game, so as far as we know they don't have any last names.

Donald's last name is Duck, though.

Craig
10-16-2006, 04:18 PM
DO NOT MAKE JOKES. Those names are jokes.

I need serious names. Example:

Sora Keyheart

You call that serious?

How about:

Sora Smith

Riku Smith

Kairi Smith

Roxas Smixth

XandrewX
10-16-2006, 04:22 PM
...Not funny..but I don't think thier 2nd name exists...since it's not stated in the game or Wikipedia or whatever...Maybe it exists afterall..

Lord Xehanort
10-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Riku Sakuma

Kairi Seguchi

Sora Shindou

If you can guess my favorite manga from these names, I'll give you a Yaoi Fudge Cookie.

SuperMillionaire
10-16-2006, 10:21 PM
I need English last names. And stop taking my questions as jokes. They need to relate to the story, like the name "Keyheart" relates to Sora; he has a strong heart, so he was chosen by the Keyblade.

IceAngel
10-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Ok I'm not jokin about this....

Sora Sky... maybe? *thinks harder*

Tavrobel
10-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Sora Hugefoot
Riku Sephclone
Kairi Jailbait

Quoted for truth.

IceAngel
10-16-2006, 11:14 PM
I like the Hugefoot one tho :)

Lord Xehanort
10-17-2006, 01:18 AM
I need English last names. And stop taking my questions as jokes. They need to relate to the story, like the name "Keyheart" relates to Sora; he has a strong heart, so he was chosen by the Keyblade.

You want English last names for Japanese first names (well, actually they're Japanese words, but you get the idea)? WHY???

BTW, 'Keyheart' is way too obvious, and shows no creativity. COnsidering the whole game talks endlessly about keys and hearts, using either in a surname makes people think you're playing around, and they won't take you seriously.

SuperMillionaire
10-17-2006, 02:01 AM
?

Lord Xehanort
10-17-2006, 02:29 AM
Great post... simply eloquent. :rolleyes2

Le Mutton Noir
10-17-2006, 03:28 AM
sorry, I know you want to be serious about this, but I'm lol'ing my head off. Roxas Smixth, thats loverly.

LunarWeaver
10-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Sora Hugefoot
Riku Sephclone
Kairi Jailbait

Ahahaha :jess:

Phew, well... If they did have last names, they'd probably be random and normal. Look at the Final Fantasy character last names...Some have meaning, most are just picked out of a hat as far as I can tell. Who knows what Square would cook up. Sora Gargafoonkle or some such.

Coronet
10-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Sora Hugefoot
Riku Sephclone
Kairi Jailbait

*cracks up* XD Not serious at all, but funny!

Markus. D
10-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Kairi Alixa

Riku Sombarda

I didnt find this post minutely funny. :confused:

~SapphireStar~
10-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Sora Hugefoot
Riku Sephclone
Kairi Jailbait
Have I told you lately that I love you?
And lighten up SM. You didnt say you wanted serious names in your first post.

Axel21
10-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Look at the Final Fantasy character last names...Some have meaning, most are just picked out of a hat as far as I can tell.
True enough...

mooglebunni608
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Riku Sakuma

Kairi Seguchi

Sora Shindou

If you can guess my favorite manga from these names, I'll give you a Yaoi Fudge Cookie.
Gravitation? ^_^

I think they left out the last names because they were lazy -_-

Lord Xehanort
10-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Riku Sakuma

Kairi Seguchi

Sora Shindou

Gravitation? ^_^

I think they left out the last names because they were lazy -_-

CORRECT! *throws a Yaoi Fudge Cookie at you*

ALSO, your sig is love! *steals the Riku x Sora goodness* The PRECIOUSSSSS!

SuperMillionaire
10-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Sora Hugefoot
Riku Sephclone
Kairi Jailbait
Have I told you lately that I love you?
And lighten up SM. You didnt say you wanted serious names in your first post.

What do you mean? Are you really a girl who likes me?

And I meant to be serious. I think I better start clarifying it at the beginning.

f f freak
10-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Oh come on you say be serious and then you say "Sora Keyheart"!!??

How about:
Riku Darkheart
or:
Kairi Oneofthesevenprincessesofheart

Anniexo
10-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Sora Lockheart (two people can have the same last name and not be related)
Riku (can't think of one)
Kiri Rose

Lord Xehanort
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
He obviously got the idea 'Keyheart' from Squall "LEONheart", which is obviously a play on "LIONheart".

But that is just silly.

Sora Ranvier
Riku Bursae
Kairi Donovan

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2006, 07:58 AM
If I didn't have to be serious, I was gonna say Namine Ayaclone, since she's looks more like Aya than Riku looks like Sephiroth. Oh I know, Riku al-Bhed.

Twilight Edge
10-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Sora Hugefoot
Riku Sephclone
Kairi Jailbait

Teh bextors.:D

~SapphireStar~
10-18-2006, 10:49 AM
What do you mean? Are you really a girl who likes me?
Not you pal.

SuperMillionaire
10-18-2006, 12:00 PM
I've just thought of Kairi Angelwill... hmmmmm... in another story I have planned, ants to help people in need... so I thik that's a fitting name for her. Sora Keyheart and Kairi Angelwill... a good combination. However, I still don't have a last name for Riku.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2006, 12:02 PM
If I knew where you got Angelwill from ants, I might be able to help you.

SuperMillionaire
10-18-2006, 02:45 PM
What do you mean?

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2006, 04:59 PM
I have no idea how you get Angelwill from ants, but if I did, it might be easier for me to come up with a serious last name for Riku. But if we want to go along with your first example, Darkheart would do it.

Ouch!
10-18-2006, 05:21 PM
SM, your creativity needs tweaking if you think those are serious last names. Aside from that, you didn't really expect to get serious answers, did you?

Following in the tradition of Sora Keyheart, however, I suggest Riku Darkwielder.

SuperMillionaire
10-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Oooh oooh oooh... how about Riku Soulwielder?

Lord Xehanort
10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
You realize that those names are no better than Hughefoot, Sephclone and Jailbait, don't you?

Honestly, have some creativity. My second list of surnames for them was brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT, I SAY!

finaloblivion
10-19-2006, 01:06 AM
HA yea there are no last names in the game, because they do NOT HAVE ANY probably. They're not meant to, or Sqaure was just lazy and didnt want their characters to be pulled apart that much. BUT, in all seriousness, Keyheart is a terrible idea. Angelwill is...not so bad. Could do better. Soulwielder? None of these characters parents would be named this, or else they all would have the exact same personalities and stigmas as their children. DUH! My best answer is if u have a storyline idea, adding in last names now would only be a lame attempt. keep to the originals, and its all gonna sound a lot better. i know any name that i would come up with would be totally lame too, so im not making fun or anything. this is probably why square didnt do it in the ffirst place.

SuperMillionaire
10-19-2006, 01:18 AM
I got "Keyheart" from "Lionheart" and "Lockheart". I think I will drop Soulwielder, but I will keep Keyheart and Angelwill. I want references to their stories, not references to other characters.

Tavrobel
10-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Levian, Psychotic, and Christmas.

But those aren't last names.

Lord Xehanort
10-19-2006, 02:01 AM
I got "Keyheart" from "Lionheart" and "Lockheart". I think I will drop Soulwielder, but I will keep Keyheart and Angelwill. I want references to their stories, not references to other characters.

'Lockheart'/'Lockhart' is a legitimate surname...

Keyheart and Angelwill are terrible. Use Japanese last names, seriously. Go to google, search for freedict.com, and find words meaning princess, key, and dark, and use those. It's easy, and the names will flow well, because their first names are Japanese. The reason your names do not flow is because you are trying feebly to blend languages.

Craig
10-19-2006, 10:10 AM
omg omg omg i just though of Riku Darkheart do i rock or do i ROCK

Sora Keyheart

Kairi Angelwill

Riku Darkheart

its set! FAPOOOO

SuperMillionaire
10-19-2006, 11:55 AM

'Lockheart'/'Lockhart' is a legitimate surname...

Keyheart and Angelwill are terrible. Use Japanese last names, seriously. Go to google, search for freedict.com, and find words meaning princess, key, and dark, and use those. It's easy, and the names will flow well, because their first names are Japanese. The reason your names do not flow is because you are trying feebly to blend languages.

I don't want Sora to have the same last name as Tifa.

And those names would be for the Japanese version of the game. I'm focusing on the American/European/Australian version of the game.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Why wouldn't they be for our game? Sora was Sora in the Japanese version, exactly that. They could have translated his name to Sky, but they didn't.

Markus. D
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Sora Kagi
Riku Ningyo
Kairi Mizu

edit: they all have meanings :D

SuperMillionaire
10-19-2006, 02:45 PM
While "Skye" would make sense, the names "land" and "sea" would make no sense. That's why their first names are in Japanese. However, in the United States, their last names can still be in English.

Vermachtnis
10-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Sora Takenouchi
Kairi Kamiya
Riku Takenokeiokio

The first two are Digimon character ;p.

Twilight Edge
10-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Sora Takenouchi
Kairi Kamiya
Riku Takenokeiokio

The first two are Digimon character ;p.

Oh, the trainers of Biyomon and Gatomon from the very first season of Digimon(loads of nostalgia).

Sora Achmed
Kairi Mearissa
Riku Sephirah
Ansem Azjerol (Az-hae-rol)
Xemnas Proudmoore
Axel Leoric
Namine' LeRendt
Roxas Daralast
Marluxia Crowfvex
Vexen Versache'
Larxene Eruna
Lexaeus Purgatore
Zexion Satranse

abrojtm
10-19-2006, 07:32 PM
If their first names have nothing to do with their stories, why would their last names. Who would keep the name "Darkheart" anyway?

Lord Xehanort
10-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Why did you bother making this thread if you're going to ignore our ideas, all of which are superior to your own?

YTDN
10-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Sora Kyuusho (Key)
Riku Kurai (Dark)
Kairi Hime (Princess)

Sora Awai (Light)
Riku Hitteki (Rival)
Kairi Kokoro (Heart)

Sora Shunketsu (Hero)
Riku Kataki (Enemy)
Kairi Aijou (Love)

Just some random ideas with a Japanese- English online dictionary.

I also tried ones for Roxas, Namine and Organization XIII

Roxas Hangaku (Half)
Namine Kinen (Memory)
Xemnas Shuhan (Leader)
Xigbar Kuuhaku (Space)
Xaldin Uindo (Wind)
Vexen Aisu (Ice)
Lexaus Yochi (Earth)
Zexion Omoi (Mind)
Saix Shichiyou (Moon)
Axel Kasai (Fire)
Demyx Gogyou (Water)
Luxord Jikoku (Time)
Marluxia Kusabana (Flower)
Larxene Raikou (Lightning)

These ones are inspired by the element/power they control.

Roxas Kobushi (Samurai)
Namine Majo (Witch)
Xemnas Mahoutsukai (Sorcerer)
Xigbar Sogekihei (Sniper)
Xaldin Morinaito (Lance Knight)
Vexen Kagakusha (Scientist)
Lexaus Gunjin (Soldier)
Zexion Boushin (Schemer)
Saix Mikon (Wild)
Axel Shikaku (Assassin)
Demyx Odoriko (Dancer)
Luxord Bakuto (Gambler)
Marluxia Miyabita (Graceful)
Larxene Senjo (Nymph)

This is their job/title/nobody they control.

Roxas Tsuinchoushi (Twin Key)
Namine Sasshi (Brush)
Xemnas Guntou (Saber)
Xigbar Teppou (Gun)
Xaldin Yari (Spear)
Vexen Toku (Shield)
Lexaus Kanadzuchi (Hammer)
Zexion Seishin (Mind)
Saix Kasuiyaiba (Spike Sword)
Axel Hishoukiwa (Flying Edge)
Demyx Benzaiten (Music)
Luxord Karuto (Card)
Marluxia Bouken (Pole Blade)
Larxene Tsume (Claw)

And this is inspired by their weapons.

Anniexo
10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Sora Kyuusho (Key)
Riku Kurai (Dark)
Kairi Hime (Princess)

Sora Awai (Light)
Riku Hitteki (Rival)
Kairi Kokoro (Heart)

Sora Shunketsu (Hero)
Riku Kataki (Enemy)
Kairi Aijou (Love)

bests ones i've read so far

SuperMillionaire
10-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Sora Kyuusho (Key)
Riku Kurai (Dark)
Kairi Hime (Princess)

Sora Awai (Light)
Riku Hitteki (Rival)
Kairi Kokoro (Heart)

Sora Shunketsu (Hero)
Riku Kataki (Enemy)
Kairi Aijou (Love)

Roxas Hangaku (Half)
Namine Kinen (Memory)
Xemnas Shuhan (Leader)
Xigbar Kuuhaku (Space)
Xaldin Uindo (Wind)
Vexen Aisu (Ice)
Lexaus Yochi (Earth)
Zexion Omoi (Mind)
Saix Shichiyou (Moon)
Axel Kasai (Fire)
Demyx Gogyou (Water)
Luxord Jikoku (Time)

Roxas Kobushi (Samurai)
Namine Majo (Witch)
Lexaus Gunjin (Soldier)
Zexion Boushin (Schemer)
Saix Mikon (Wild)
Axel Shikaku (Assassin)
Demyx Odoriko (Dancer)
Luxord Bakuto (Gambler)
Larxene Senjo (Nymph)

Namine Sasshi (Brush)
Xemnas Guntou (Saber)
Xigbar Teppou (Gun)
Xaldin Yari (Spear)
Vexen Toku (Shield)
Zexion Seishin (Mind)
Demyx Benzaiten (Music)
Luxord Karuto (Card)
Larxene Tsume (Claw)

Wow, I actually like a lot of those names! Keep in mind that I will use the English last names, since I'm focusing on the American version of KH2.

I think I may drop "Keyheart" and replace it with "Lightkey".

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Using your conventions that there should be English last names, Sora should have been Sky in our version.

SuperMillionaire
10-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, I said that "Skye" would make sense, but "land" and "sea" as given names would not make sense. Also, Roxas, Hayner, Pence, and Olette are American given names.

YTDN
10-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Look, in FF7, they didn't change 'Yuffie Kisaragi' to 'Yuffie Ninjagirl' or something. Names never get changed in japanese to english translations, and if they did, theyd change the first AND last names, so we wouldn;t have something as weird sounding as 'Sora Keyheart'. Mixing languages in names never works, guv.

Also, Roxas is an anagram of Sora with an X, to keep with the Org XIII tradition of the name being an anagram of their previous name with an X (Eg: Xemnas= Ansem, Xigbar= Braig, etc.) And Hayner, Pence and Olette are called Haine, Pintsu and Oretto in the JP version as well. Their changed slightly so the Japanese can pronounce them, but they are faithful to the original. They weren't called some random japanese name in the JP version.

EDIT: For a laugh, I decided to translate SuperMillionaires suggested surnames into japanese, an see what happened.

Sora Keyheart= Sora Kagishin
Sora Lightkey= Sora Hichoushi

Riku Darkheart= Riku Kuroshin
Riku Darkwielder= Riku Meitsukaite
Riku Soulwielder= Riku Konshiyousha

Kairi Angelwill= Kairi Tenshimune

There, they sound so much better, don't they?

EDIT EDIT:

Sora Hugefoot= Sora Dekaiashi
Riku Sephclone= Riku Shippousha (Actually Silver-clone, but hey, Seph doesn't translate well.
Kairi Jailbait= Kairi Rouyaesa

f f freak
10-21-2006, 12:30 AM
omg omg omg i just though of Riku Darkheart do i rock or do i ROCK
You mean you just thought of it? Didn't look at the posts before yours? I put that name for Riku in my post. Or were you being sarcastic?

Anyway. Kairi Angelwill? No just no. I think you should use japanese last names. It would suit the characters better instead of "Sora Lightkey" I seriously thought you were joking when you said the names Keyheart and Lightkey.

Lord Xehanort
10-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Don't waste your breath, yuffie. This kid isn't listening to us.

YTDN
10-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Don't waste your breath, yuffie. This kid isn't listening to us.

Meh. I just enjoy making up the surnames.

Slicksword45
10-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Goofey dumb:skull: :skull: :skull:

:)

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Yuffie the Dragon Ninja;1949256]Look, in FF7, they didn't change 'Yuffie Kisaragi' to 'Yuffie Ninjagirl' or something.[/B] Names never get changed in japanese to english translations, and if they did, theyd change the first AND last names, so we wouldn;t have something as weird sounding as 'Sora Keyheart'. Mixing languages in names never works, guv.

Also, Roxas is an anagram of Sora with an X, to keep with the Org XIII tradition of the name being an anagram of their previous name with an X (Eg: Xemnas= Ansem, Xigbar= Braig, etc.) And Hayner, Pence and Olette are called Haine, Pintsu and Oretto in the JP version as well. Their changed slightly so the Japanese can pronounce them, but they are faithful to the original. They weren't called some random japanese name in the JP version.

EDIT: For a laugh, I decided to translate SuperMillionaires suggested surnames into japanese, an see what happened.

Sora Keyheart= Sora Kagishin
Sora Lightkey= Sora Hichoushi

Riku Darkheart= Riku Kuroshin
Riku Darkwielder= Riku Meitsukaite
Riku Soulwielder= Riku Konshiyousha

Kairi Angelwill= Kairi Tenshimune

There, they sound so much better, don't they?

EDIT EDIT:

Riku Sephclone= Riku Shippousha (Actually Silver-clone, but hey, Seph doesn't translate well.
But they DID change "Tifa Rokkuhato" into "Tifa Lockhart", which is an exception to the rule.

Also, I'm talking about the ENGLISH game. For the Japanese name, okay, use the Japanese last names; I have no problem with that. For English, however, you SHOULD change it. I don't mind having a Japanese first name and an English last name.

Lord Xehanort
10-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Face it, kid! Many people have tried to help you, but you're so wrapped up in your TERRIBLE surnames that you won't listen to any suggestion, all of which surpass your own! So, y'know what? Do what you want! People will read your story until they see "Sora Keyheart", go 'wtf?', and close the window.

The End.

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Face it, kid! Many people have tried to help you, but you're so wrapped up in your TERRIBLE surnames that you won't listen to any suggestion, all of which surpass your own! So, y'know what? Do what you want! People will read your story until they see "Sora Keyheart", go 'wtf?', and close the window.

The End.
My point still isn't clear yet? I said that it was my personal idea, and I wanted to also know your personal ideas too. I need names in ENGLISH.

Lord Xehanort
10-23-2006, 01:17 AM
I gave you a set of English names, which blow yours away, and you didn't even respond.

How conceited.

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2006, 01:29 AM
I don't want references to other characters!

I've also thought of Sora Light and Kairi Love.

Ouch!
10-23-2006, 02:08 AM
My point still isn't clear yet? I said that it was my personal idea, and I wanted to also know your personal ideas too. I need names in ENGLISH.
If you wanted to know other peoples' personal ideas as well, why are you dismissing everything you don't like even when almost everyone that responds has told you the same thing. They're pointing out a (quite valid) flaw in your own ideas.

If you don't like the kind of feedback you're getting, ignore it. If you're so dead set on having English last names to match with Japanese first names (which is quite bogus, as others have mentioned) then obviously you need to be looking for help elsewhere.

I agree with most everyone else; despite what you think, Japanese first names deserve Japanese last names. Anything else just sounds stupid. I'm inclined to agree with Lord Xehanort. If I were to stumble across a story with Keyheart as a character's last name, I'd move on to the next one.

If you want the characters to have English last names, at least use real last names. Nobody is going to take your writing serious when you cram together English words that describe a character's attitude or plot purpose.

By the way, if you knew the first thing about typical Japanese pronunciation of English words, you'd realize that Lockheart would come out very close to Rokkuhato. Your argument is null and void.

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Okay, I'll call them Sora Light and Kairi Love.

f f freak
10-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Please don't. People will kill themselves when they see those names. Seriously stick with Japanese names. they sound ten times better and people won't think that you were joking when you read it.

YTDN
10-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Rokkuhato is the japanese pronounciation of Lockhart. 'Lock' tranlates roughly into Rokku, because L is pronuced as R, and they always have a vowel at the end of a word except when it ends in the letter N. And 'Heart' translates roughly in Hato for the same reason. They aren't tranlating the meaning, they're tranlsating the sound of the word as best they can.
Also, Sora Light and Kairi Love? I lol'ed at that. If they had those surnames, I'd die laughing, and then change their names.
And you said that the english version SHOULD have english last names. Oh yeah? *Goes through names in Tekken 5 manual* all of the japanese names aren't translated. Asuka is still Asuka, Heihachi is still Heihachi. And the ones with english names had english names in the original, like Anna and Steve.

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Rokkuhato is the japanese pronounciation of Lockhart. 'Lock' tranlates roughly into Rokku, because L is pronuced as R, and they always have a vowel at the end of a word except when it ends in the letter N. And 'Heart' translates roughly in Hato for the same reason. They aren't tranlating the meaning, they're tranlsating the sound of the word as best they can.
Also, Sora Light and Kairi Love? I lol'ed at that. If they had those surnames, I'd die laughing, and then change their names.
And you said that the english version SHOULD have english last names. Oh yeah? *Goes through names in Tekken 5 manual* all of the japanese names aren't translated. Asuka is still Asuka, Heihachi is still Heihachi. And the ones with english names had english names in the original, like Anna and Steve.
But almost everybody in Final Fantasy have English last names. Also, "Yuffie" can be an English name, but "Yufi" is Japanese.

Can you give me some English last names that I think will make sense, because names such as "Jailbait", "Hugefoot", "Ayaclone", and "Sephclone" make no sense to me. I do not want references to other characters.

Skyblade
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Your desire for references is going to ruin your chance at having good names. Since none of the characters have last names given to them in the game, you would do best not to introduce your own. Anyone looking at your work is likely going to be a KH fan to begin with, spotting last names at all will seem silly to them. For the names to be ones such as the ones that you suggested will ruin a lot of interest in your story. If you feel the need to have last names, I suggest picking out some fairly common and normal last names. Having your references will seem like a cheap ploy (Keyheart? Anyone will spot where you got that in half a second), and will kill the enjoyment of the story.

Also, a good many FF characters have no last names at all. Except for the characters of FFVII and VIII, I don't think any of them have last names. And in those games, the vast majority of the last names were totally meaningless.

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Your desire for references is going to ruin your chance at having good names. Since none of the characters have last names given to them in the game, you would do best not to introduce your own. Anyone looking at your work is likely going to be a KH fan to begin with, spotting last names at all will seem silly to them. For the names to be ones such as the ones that you suggested will ruin a lot of interest in your story. If you feel the need to have last names, I suggest picking out some fairly common and normal last names. Having your references will seem like a cheap ploy (Keyheart? Anyone will spot where you got that in half a second), and will kill the enjoyment of the story.

Also, a good many FF characters have no last names at all. Except for the characters of FFVII and VIII, I don't think any of them have last names. And in those games, the vast majority of the last names were totally meaningless.
I said that I don't want references to other characters.

Skyblade
10-23-2006, 03:17 PM

I didn't say references to other characters. I said references. Whether they are references to the other characters or to the game's plot matters not, both will have a negative affect on whatever work you are trying to create. Now why don't you go back and read my post and try to understand that I am simply trying to help you improve your work, nothing more.

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2006, 03:35 PM

I didn't say references to other characters. I said references. Whether they are references to the other characters or to the game's plot matters not, both will have a negative affect on whatever work you are trying to create. Now why don't you go back and read my post and try to understand that I am simply trying to help you improve your work, nothing more.
Okay... can you give me a list of good last names in English, please?

Twilight Edge
10-23-2006, 03:51 PM

FFIX's characters have last names as well(not as if it counts because it's not Tetsuya's work). And the reason some names are meaningless is because the characters are named after a certain someone instead of being an original name.

And one more,

Rokkuhato=Lockheart because the R sound in Japanese actually sounds like a L sound. They don't have a singular K sound so they took the nearest, the KU sound. HEA=HA, done. They also doesn't have a singular T sound and therefore they took the nearest, the TO sound. Though the names are spelled in katakana, they actually follow the sounds from the hiragana sound table, aka the original one. So, they had tried their best to pronounce it correctly already.

So, it should be about this: LO(RO)-KU-HA-TO---> LOKUHATO. Close enough. Be satisfied.

Cookie
10-23-2006, 04:47 PM
What about Sora Penis (or another funny object i.e Beaver or something). Sorry that's all I could think of. And i'm immature. :D

Lord Xehanort
10-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Sora Ranvier
Riku Bursae
Kairi Donovan

What characters do THOSE reference? NONE!

Also, you didn't even know what Seguchi, Sakuma and Shindou were references to, so don't even try it.

If these surnames are the pinnacle of your writing, do yourself a favor and find another hobby.

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Sora Ranvier
Riku Bursae
Kairi Donovan

What characters do THOSE reference? NONE!

Also, you didn't even know what Seguchi, Sakuma and Shindou were references to, so don't even try it.

If these surnames are the pinnacle of your writing, do yourself a favor and find another hobby.

I think there's a Darkstalkers character named Donovan... would you mind changing that? But the other two are okay.

I've also thought of "Sora Goodman".

Lord Xehanort
10-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I've never played Darkstalkers... I've played TIMEstalkers, but never Darkstalkers.

I can change it. Try these.

Sora Ranvier
Riku Bursae

AND Kairi...

Grafenburg ((just kidding... you don't wanna know what's on my mind))
Meissner
Punnett
Linneus
Schroedinger

I might be able to give more names, but I personally like 'Kairi Linneus', which could also be spelled 'Lineas', 'Lineus', 'Linais', or a variety of others.

SuperMillionaire
10-24-2006, 02:17 AM
Are those German or Greek names?

Lord Xehanort
10-24-2006, 02:51 AM
Linneus and its alternative spellings is pseudo-Latin.

As for the others, I don't know...

Ranvier, if pronounced in a certain way, is French.

I Don't Need A Name
10-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Ok, i just read this whole thread, and lol'ed all the way through it!! i mean, the ideas just keep getting worse. Sora Goodman thats worse than Keyheart!!! personally, i would stick with Japanese names, but if your after english ones,then why not use any then!! also, Donovan is a good one.
Robinson, Smith, Dixon, Mills, Matthews, Pullman, Day, Wright, Revill, Addison, Clarke, Holmes, Simpson, Higgins, Harrison etc etc etc

SuperMillionaire
10-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Linneus and its alternative spellings is pseudo-Latin.

As for the others, I don't know...

Ranvier, if pronounced in a certain way, is French.

Any British, Irish, Australian, or Greek names?

I Don't Need A Name
10-24-2006, 12:03 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_popular_family_names#United_Kingdom
have a present

SuperMillionaire
10-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Thank you.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-24-2006, 03:32 PM
those are common, try something original

Ouch!
10-24-2006, 05:27 PM
those are common, try something original
He did.

It failed.

Lord Xehanort
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Kairi O'Jailbait... sorry, I couldn't resist a joke.

Kairi Donahue ((I spelled that wrong...))

SuperMillionaire
10-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Kairi O'Jailbait... sorry, I couldn't resist a joke.

Kairi Donahue ((I spelled that wrong...))
That would be Kairi O'Donohue, a reference to an American Idol season 5 semifinalist (Becky O'Donohue).

And please, no more jokes.

Lord Xehanort
10-25-2006, 01:22 AM
I DIDN'T SAY O'DONAHUE!

And, goddammit, EVERY NAME IS USED BY SOMEONE BEFORE, YOU PICKY CHILD! I have given you more serious names than anyone else. Make Kairi's name yourself, you ungrateful brat!

*gets all offended and storms away*

Ouch!
10-25-2006, 01:55 AM
LX--can I call you LX?--made a very valid point. Every name has been used before. You can't be too picky about these sort of things. Honestly, LX's suggestion was perfectly fine. Not everyone sees the name O'Donohue and says "Oh man! What a rip-off of Becky O'Donohue from American Idol." People have to be looking for faults in such a name to actually find them.

Don't get nit-picky about who shares the same/similar names with those you choose. Chances are, the people reading won't give half a damn if Donovan is the name of a character from Darkstalkers. Most people will look at it, recognize that it's a somewhat common name, and move on.

Lord Xehanort
10-25-2006, 02:28 AM
LX is fine.

I didn't mean O'Donahue. I just said Donahue.

SuperMillionaire
10-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Sorry...

f f freak
10-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh that's a real apology to LX isn't it. "Sorry..." It sounds like you really mean that. I agree with LX. Nearly every name has been used before unless you come up with a name like "@trihjynfjho'#~[7]" Which most people can't say.

SuperMillionaire
10-25-2006, 11:54 PM
?

~SapphireStar~
11-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Ideas are being given to you left, right and center in this thread. Either take the ideas on board or go and use your own. Whats the point in asking us if youre just insisting on using your own?

SuperMillionaire
11-01-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry, but I need the names to make sense.

Lord Xehanort
11-01-2006, 11:20 PM
The names I gave make perfect sense.

They flow well.

Making their surnames reference their characters is stupid.

However, if you MUST, use these:

Riku Donovan ("Donovan" is a name meaning "Dark Warrior")
Sora Jaiven (Derived from "Jayvyn" meaning "Light Spirit")
Kairi Damita ("Damita" means "Baby Princess")

If you don't like "Damita" -I don't- use "Farsiris", "Sydelle", or "Parmida" , which all mean "Princess".

StarlightAngel
11-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Wow. Just... wow. Yeah. I don't see your way of thinking SuperMillionaire. I really don't.

You can't exactly say that you want it to be an English name because it's a story in English 'cause... well, their names are already Japanese, so that kills that idea. And you keep assuming that names are changed from Japanese names to English names when they aren't; the names are just written in romanji as they're pronounced, which for the Japanese is different from the Americans.

Anywhoo, I'd take up Ansem LX on his offer or just scrap the idea, 'cause those are the best non-Japanese ones listed here (Though I really don't see why the Japanese ones are no good, nor do I see why you were seriously considering using "Keyheart" and "Angelwill"). And they're right, you can't be picky because OMG SO-AND-SO HAS THE SAME NAME!!!11!11TWELVE!!11111!!!

And I really don't see what you mean by "Making sense" o.O;; My last name means "Son of Kenzie", and sadly I'm a chick and can hardly be a son, much less that of some guy named Kenzie.

Lord Xehanort
11-02-2006, 12:55 AM
Arigato, Ms. MacKenzie... or is it McKenzie?

StarlightAngel
11-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Arigato, Ms. MacKenzie... or is it McKenzie?

MacKenzie. Though peoples always get it wrong, even though I make the effort to pronounce the ma bit a little more.

Keyblade Hybrid
11-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Keyheart....thats what I would have gon with.

SuperMillionaire
11-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Keyheart....thats what I would have gon with.
Wow, thank you very much!

f f freak
11-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh my God. Please don't encourage him.

YTDN
11-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah. Seriously, if you had a brand new video game, and looked at the back, and it said 'Follow the adventures of the Keyblade Master, Sora Keyheart, in his quest to save Kingdom Hearts' would you really take it that seriously?

NOTE: That isn't actually what is on the back. It just sounds like the crap they usually put on the back.

exz2005
11-15-2006, 02:41 AM
XD I just read through this entire thread, and i lol'd and lol'd. "Keyheart?" COME ON.
That is an incredibly pathetic display of imagination. In fact, it shouldn't even count as imagination.
I have seen 5-year-olds with more creativity than SM.
I assume that as soon as he reads it, he will become all offended and attempt a pathetic argument to defend himself which will have absolutely no use.
SM, you have no creativity, and if you are planning to write some type of fanfiction, save yourself the time and just stop on it now.
"Keyheart, Goodman?"
W. T. F.
Stupidity to highest levels.
Offended?
Deal with it. I'm simply being honest.

Psychotic
11-15-2006, 02:50 AM
OK gang, let's leave the personal attacks on SuperMillionaire out of this thread. If you think his names are lame, then say so, but there's no need to lay into the guy himself. Thanks a bunch.

Oh, and by the way, Keyheart is a lame name.

KH-Cloudy
11-15-2006, 03:50 AM
*ROFLMAO all the way through*

English names does not and will never sound good with Japanese names. And besides that, Japanese always have their LAST name before their FIRST name. Japanese names are 100x times better than English last names(no offence) From my point of view, this thread deserves to be...executed.

exz2005
11-15-2006, 04:21 AM
lol......ok, you have my apologies SM.
I didn't mean to go off on such a huge rant when i started, but really, please show some originality.

SuperMillionaire
11-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Sora Goldone? Goldenone?

RiseToFall
11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
This thread makes me giggle.

Ouch!
11-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Sora Goldone? Goldenone?
I don't understand how you would think that's any better than your other names. Cramming English words together does not constitute last names for characters with English name; naturally, it's even worse sticking those onto a character with a Japanese name.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-15-2006, 08:53 PM
this is why he doesnt have a last name

SuperMillionaire
11-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Oh man...

Sylvie
11-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Alright.

Sora Keyheart was horrible.

Sora Lightkey is worse.

Sora Goodman is just crap. Okay, seriously. Why don't you read peoples posts? Heres some more ideas.

Sora Spinoff
Riku Copyright
Kairi Unorignal

Nice and english and they fit too.

SuperMillionaire
11-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Those make no sense at all...

Let me tell you this: DO THEY LOOK JAPANESE?! NO THEY DON'T! THEY HAVE AMERICAN FACES!

YTDN
11-17-2006, 03:57 PM

Let me tell you this: DO THEY LOOK JAPANESE?! NO THEY DON'T! THEY HAVE AMERICAN FACES!

The names are still japanese. There is no denying it. And I think they look a little japanese in appearence. Well, in the FMVs anyway.

Roto13
11-17-2006, 04:11 PM

They do? I didn't think they looked like native americans at all.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-17-2006, 05:40 PM

Actually they do look pretty much Japanese when it comes to facial structures. There seems a little Western influence but that could mainly be due to the fact that Buena Vista games had something to do with it. After all this game was made in Japan, there is obviously an intent to sell internationally but their first market, thus most likely their primary one is Japan. Accordingly they will make characters appealing to Japanese and able to relate to, so it is more likely than anything that the characters are based off of Japanese characteristics than Western European. Also their names give a good hint to their cultural influence.

Also, roto, that made me laugh because in a way it is true.

StarlightAngel
11-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Facial structure, yeah, it's kinda Japanese. But you know, thing is... I don't think they even have stuff like "Japanese", "American", or any real ethnicity in Kingdom Hearts. Except for, you know, duck, dog-thing, heartless, human, fairy, etc. And Chinese. But that's for Mulan.

And characters in Japanese anime and video games hardly ever look Japanese. I'd like to see you find a Japanese person with natural blue hair.

Who cares what they look like? What does that have to do with a name?

I'm sorry SM, but your logic is very faulty. It sounds as though you don't really want us to give suggestions, but rather clap and beam and say "LIEK, OMGZORZ U ARE TEH BEST NAME COMER UPPER SINCE 4EVER LOL :D:D:D:D"

We are giving you names, just like you asked, and you keep trying to shoot them down with excuses. Do you want good names or not?

agrudis
11-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Sora Sky
Riku Earth
Kairi Seperation

Their Japanese translations.

Heath
11-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Sora Smith.

Riku Jones.

Kairi O'Hanraha-hanrahan

SuperMillionaire
11-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Sorry, everyone... :(

forgiven angel
11-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Riku Sakuma

Kairi Seguchi

Sora Shindou

GRAVITATION cheater kairi and sora are the same person

SuperMillionaire
12-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Facial structure, yeah, it's kinda Japanese. But you know, thing is... I don't think they even have stuff like "Japanese", "American", or any real ethnicity in Kingdom Hearts. Except for, you know, duck, dog-thing, heartless, human, fairy, etc. And Chinese. But that's for Mulan.

And characters in Japanese anime and video games hardly ever look Japanese. I'd like to see you find a Japanese person with natural blue hair.

I'm sorry SM, but your logic is very faulty. It sounds as though you don't really want us to give suggestions, but rather clap and beam and say "LIEK, OMGZORZ U ARE TEH BEST NAME COMER UPPER SINCE 4EVER LOL :D:D:D:D"

We are giving you names, just like you asked, and you keep trying to shoot them down with excuses. Do you want good names or not?
Okay, hand me all the names you've got.

And to me, in the actual game, as well is many FMVs, the characters look caucasian "white" to me.

YTDN
12-03-2006, 07:47 AM

And to me, in the actual game, as well is many FMVs, the characters look caucasian "white" to me.

Doesn't make their names less japanese. Let's say we have this black dude, called Steve. He has lived in England all his life. His parents lived in England, and so did his grandparents. Does that mean, because he is black, he has to have a surname like 'Patil' or something?

Anyway, if you want names, I'm just gonna quote my earlier post.

Sora Kyuusho (Key)
Riku Kurai (Dark)
Kairi Hime (Princess)

Sora Awai (Light)
Riku Hitteki (Rival)
Kairi Kokoro (Heart)

Sora Shunketsu (Hero)
Riku Kataki (Enemy)
Kairi Aijou (Love)

Roxas Hangaku (Half)
Namine Kinen (Memory)
Xemnas Shuhan (Leader)
Xigbar Kuuhaku (Space)
Xaldin Uindo (Wind)
Vexen Aisu (Ice)
Lexaus Yochi (Earth)
Zexion Omoi (Mind)
Saix Shichiyou (Moon)
Axel Kasai (Fire)
Demyx Gogyou (Water)
Luxord Jikoku (Time)

Roxas Kobushi (Samurai)
Namine Majo (Witch)
Lexaus Gunjin (Soldier)
Zexion Boushin (Schemer)
Saix Mikon (Wild)
Axel Shikaku (Assassin)
Demyx Odoriko (Dancer)
Luxord Bakuto (Gambler)
Larxene Senjo (Nymph)

Namine Sasshi (Brush)
Xemnas Guntou (Saber)
Xigbar Teppou (Gun)
Xaldin Yari (Spear)
Vexen Toku (Shield)
Zexion Seishin (Mind)
Demyx Benzaiten (Music)
Luxord Karuto (Card)
Larxene Tsume (Claw)

pencoin
12-24-2006, 04:19 PM
riku mosen (dont even ask)
sora doshan (have i took my medication)
kairi rouge (whopps wrong pill........)
hayner gorit
pence machina
ollete lotusflower

Ouch!
12-25-2006, 02:19 AM
This thread never dies. D=

Eiko Guy
12-25-2006, 05:08 AM
eveb if you stab it with a rusty knife

NeoCracker
12-25-2006, 07:02 AM

Both English and Japanese names sound Plain Awesome.

Laddy
12-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Sora Lathguard
Riku Kyharami
Kairi Comrotte

I dunno, the first to was a split, the next, a name from a certain somewhere.... I will weep at my own ignorance if you find out.

leader of mortals
12-26-2006, 01:56 AM
eveb if you stab it with a rusty knife

*Stabs it with a rusty knife*
Thread: WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok back on topic
Sora Makotu
Riku Jenki
Kairi Koru

SuperMillionaire
12-26-2006, 02:41 PM
My, my, man...

Old Manus
12-30-2006, 02:33 PM
First time I look in the Kingdom Hearts section, and it's the best thread ever. Good work.

SuperMillionaire
01-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Thank you.

K-chan
01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I really don't quite understand why you'd want super obvious surnames like "love" and "keyheart". Go with something completely off the wall. Like Polish!

EX: Sora Czeberowski

No...? Okay, I'll go with German since it's a little easier to pronounce.

Sora Hellmann (ironically, despite the 'Hell' in the name, it means 'light man' )
Riku Unruh ( an agitator )
Kairi Schatz (treasure)

Meh, best I could come up with, as lame as it is. : P

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-02-2007, 04:34 AM
I think there last names would be pretty obvious.

Donald's last name is Duck.

Goofy's last name is Goof.

Then maybe Sora's last name should be Child? After all, it's what he is.

Kanshisha
01-02-2007, 09:00 AM
mhm sora sorachild hehehe

StarlightAngel
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM

Ummm, why should I? There's a bunch of perfectly good names in this thread already.

And, like I said, there's no real ethnicity in KH save for Chinese, and that's for a single world. And, as I mentioned before, characters in Japanese games and anime hardly ever look Japanese. Including some of the Japanese ones (Because, to be honest, it's hard to find a Japanese guy with bright orange hair [liek omg bleach reference!!1!]).

So, technically, any sort of last name could probably work. But personally, I'd go with Japanese to, you know, match their first names (which are also OMG! Japanese, even if they've been converted to romaji)

Dynast-Kid
01-02-2007, 11:11 PM

And, like I said, there's no real ethnicity in KH save for Chinese, and that's for a single world. And, as I mentioned before, characters in Japanese games and anime hardly ever look Japanese. Including some of the Japanese ones (Because, to be honest, it's hard to find a Japanese guy with bright orange hair [liek omg bleach reference!!1!]).

Don't forget Arabian/Middle-Eastern in Agrabah.

And here are the names I came up with.

Sora Dimarciello

Riku Parker

Kairi Nunez

I think those are some top notch names right there.

CelestialStarDust
01-02-2007, 11:49 PM
well theyre better than keyheart and lightkey....

Dynast-Kid
01-03-2007, 12:21 AM
well theyre better than keyheart and lightkey....

Thanks.

But I think I speak for everyone when I say any name is better than keyheart and lightkey...

CelestialStarDust
01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
there is a lot of truth in that.....but why only english names??i cant think of any that really match better than japanese names....

K-chan
01-03-2007, 01:52 AM
Exactly! I mean, their first names are bloody well Japanese, so when you give them a last name from a different language, it doesn't sound right. Plus, it just seems to sound better. : )

CelestialStarDust
01-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Exactly! I mean, their first names are bloody well Japanese, so when you give them a last name from a different language, it doesn't sound right. Plus, it just seems to sound better. : )

yes.ichigo smith,minako johnson,(johnson?!) well,you get the idea...i dont know any that sound good anyway....

SuperMillionaire
01-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, let me tell you this: On the most reason season of "The Biggest Loser" (a weight-loss TV show), there was a contestant named Kai. Kai means "sea" in Japanese, but she was Caucasian-American. Kairi is derived from Kai, so she and the other KH kids CAN have American last names.

CelestialStarDust
01-04-2007, 05:50 PM
well.what was her last name??

SuperMillionaire
01-04-2007, 06:09 PM
It does not say, sorry, but I know she should have a Caucasian last name, as this picture suggests:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/images/contestants/kai_finale4.jpg

iluvtetsuya
01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Sora Awai (Light)
Kairi Hime (Princess)
Riku Kataki (Enemy)

i personally love these ones by ytdn, but then again, if you're in such need of a caucasian last name, i guess you should ignore me

CelestialStarDust
01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
just because she LOOKS caucasian doesnt mean she has a caucasian last name ya know...but hey.
EDIT:whatdya know!her last name is hibbard. kai hibbard..hmm...meh.still doesnt sound right.even if it IS a real person...

SuperMillionaire
01-05-2007, 02:25 AM
just because she LOOKS caucasian doesnt mean she has a caucasian last name ya know...but hey.
EDIT:whatdya know!her last name is hibbard. kai hibbard..hmm...meh.still doesnt sound right.even if it IS a real person...
Her name is Kai Hibbard? How did you obtain this?

leader of mortals
01-05-2007, 02:33 AM
First names dont work when finding out a race. Guess what... If it sounds Japanese and is made in Japan, It's Japanese!

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 03:52 AM
First names dont work when finding out a race. Guess what... If it sounds Japanese and is made in Japan, It's Japanese!

THANK YOU.and sm,i got it from the internet.digging.from the internet.

YTDN
01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
SM, you're making yourself look like a complete idiot. You're attempting to twist the names in American names, and it ain't working! Really, the JP names work the best, because they flow the best.

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 05:02 PM
can you give yourself a break??theres not really anything that is going to change the fact that the japanese first names are going to make any sense with english last names...PLEASE just accept the fact that japanese last names are best!!and stop being so picky about THOSE as well...

SuperMillionaire
01-05-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm not saying don't use Japanese names. Those names would be good ONLY IN JAPAN, and that's it. Use the Japanese names ONLY FOR THE JAPANESE VERSION. For the International versions, use English. I am categorizing names in two categories: Japanese and International. You are only giving me Japanese names, they're only good for Japan only. I need International names. They gave the FFVII characters American last names, so they can do the same for KH. There are some American people with the name "Kai", which "Kairi" is derived from, so we CAN give them International names. If you give me Japanese names, know that those names are for Japan ONLY.

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 06:48 PM
why should they only be for japan??plenty of games use japanese last names,and the game is international.

Dynast-Kid
01-05-2007, 07:05 PM
In Regards to that Kai Hibbard Thing: Just because her name means something in Japanese, doesn't mean her parents read through a Japanese/English dictionary looking for baby names. Her parents probably thought itt was just a pretty name.

Last names aren't determined by race, they're determined by ethnicity. That being said, no one can have a 'caucasian last name'. They could have a French, Welsh, or Polish last name, but not a Caucasian last name. And why do you assume everyone is caucasian? I sense a very distinct Latin vibe from Kairi, but that's just me.

CelestialStarDust is right, Japanese names could work anywhere.

SM, you're making yourself look like a complete idiot. You're attempting to twist the names in American names, and it ain't working! Really, the JP names work the best, because they flow the best.

QFT

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 07:40 PM
can you give yourself a break??theres not really anything that is going to change the fact that the japanese first names are going to make any sense with english last names...PLEASE just accept the fact that japanese last names are best!!and stop being so picky about THOSE as well...
i quoted myself because i dont want to type it again..

and al-bhed_kid0827 makes a point,names arent determined by race at all.

YTDN
01-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm not saying don't use Japanese names. Those names would be good ONLY IN JAPAN, and that's it. Use the Japanese names ONLY FOR THE JAPANESE VERSION. For the International versions, use English. I am categorizing names in two categories: Japanese and International. You are only giving me Japanese names, they're only good for Japan only. I need International names. They gave the FFVII characters American last names, so they can do the same for KH. There are some American people with the name "Kai", which "Kairi" is derived from, so we CAN give them International names. If you give me Japanese names, know that those names are for Japan ONLY.

Ok. So if they were to dub a Japanese anime, they SHOULD change all the names into english? No, because then the fans all have a heart attack and riot at the producers.

Look SM, I think this thread should die now, before you end up looking like and even bigger moron.

CelestialStarDust
01-06-2007, 05:34 PM
are we even getting through to you??

SuperMillionaire
01-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Sorry, everyone. I just think those names should be for Japan only. I don't know about "Riku", but "Sora" and Kairi" sound a bit American to me. Maybe we can leave Riku Japanese, as I could figure that he's at least half-Japanese, but Sora and Kairi look more American to me. We pronounce the names in an Anglicized manner, meaning that we take a name from another language and make it an English name. When you anglicize a word, it becomes English. I learned that from Wikipedia. So maybe we CAN give Riku a Japanese last name, assuming that he is half-Japanese, but "Sora" and "Kairi" sound more American to me. When you give a Japanese last name, though, don't make it sound too Japanese. It has to be a name that Americans can understand.

YTDN
01-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Sorry, everyone. I just think those names should be for Japan only. I don't know about "Riku", but "Sora" and Kairi" sound a bit American to me. Maybe we can leave Riku Japanese, as I could figure that he's at least half-Japanese, but Sora and Kairi look more American to me. We pronounce the names in an Anglicized manner, meaning that we take a name from another language and make it an English name. When you anglicize a word, it becomes English. I learned that from Wikipedia. So maybe we CAN give Riku a Japanese last name, assuming that he is half-Japanese, but "Sora" and "Kairi" sound more American to me. When you give a Japanese last name, though, don't make it sound too Japanese. It has to be a name that Americans can understand.

Face it, SM. Sora, Riku and Kairi are Japanese names, and they were meant to be Japanese. Also, don't believe everything Wikipedia says, it's not completely accurate. And stop trying to twist everything to make yourself right. You're allowed your own opinion, but it's wrong.

SuperMillionaire
01-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Face it, SM. Sora, Riku and Kairi are Japanese names, and they were meant to be Japanese. Also, don't believe everything Wikipedia says, it's not completely accurate. And stop trying to twist everything to make yourself right. You're allowed your own opinion, but it's wrong.

Then why did they name the Twilight Town kids Hayner, Pence, and Olette? Those names sound American to me.

CelestialStarDust
01-06-2007, 06:51 PM
they probably ARE english(theres no such thing as an american name) so go ahead and give them english last names.but why is riku HALF japanese??and why are kairi and sora not japanese??why cant they be japanese??

YTDN
01-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Then why did they name the Twilight Town kids Hayner, Pence, and Olette? Those names sound American to me.

Just because the games made by a Japanese company doesn't mean they can only have Japanese names. They decided to give them American names for some reason, I don't know. That doesn't make the names Sora, Riku and Kairi any less Japanese, though.

CelestialStarDust
01-06-2007, 08:15 PM
i still dont get why you HAVE to give them non-japanese last names...

abrojtm
01-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Hayner, Pence, and Olette
Those are the accurate Americanizations of their Japanese names. They were not changed to fit English in any way. And when if you met a Caucasian person named Hayner, Pence, or Olette? I mean seriously.

CelestialStarDust
01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
i think i will give up.im tired of this.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-06-2007, 11:28 PM
why do you people care so much about names :p

StarlightAngel
01-07-2007, 01:06 AM
We really don't. It's all just SM here.

SuperMillionaire
01-07-2007, 05:46 AM
they probably ARE english(theres no such thing as an american name) so go ahead and give them english last names.but why is riku HALF japanese??and why are kairi and sora not japanese??why cant they be japanese??
To me, Riku looks half-Japanese. Sora and Kairi, however, don't look Japanese to me.

CelestialStarDust
01-07-2007, 06:08 AM
????
okay....but still..i think uh.....HALF japanese?how can you TELL??

SuperMillionaire
01-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Simply by looking at his face.

CelestialStarDust
01-07-2007, 06:13 AM
some of my friends look pure asian but some are just half could you tell in that situation??

SuperMillionaire
01-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Yes. Even if I end up wrong, I would have to know that all of them are AT LEAST half-Japanese, but some could by full. Either way, they are Asian, full or half. Some look more Asian than others, though, so I can tell if they're full or half.

CelestialStarDust
01-07-2007, 07:03 AM
i think you're lying.but hey,im not very good at telling those sort of things,so you might be right.and if they are full asain,do they HAVE to have asian names??

CelestialStarDust
01-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Yo. I dun exactly look asian, and my 'Void's been mistaken for... Latino? Anyway, point is, both of us are half and we don't really look like it.

Looks aren't everything. Heck, Sora looks definitely more asian than I do.

But I'm just gonna give up, 'cause it's obvious you are determined not to listen to anyone's reasoning and instead follow your own little logic thing that you've got going on here. I'll be darned if I knew how the heck it worked~
wouldnt anyone.....:eep: *hits self with fake wooden sword until sky turns red*

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-07-2007, 07:22 AM
"Your 'Void", Starlight? Nii-sama does not approve.

Anyway, this is getting nowhere, I'm shutting it down. Furthermore, we do NOT call other members idiots on this site. I do not ever want to see that from any of you again.