PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Sidekick Villain

The Crystal
10-16-2006, 05:17 PM
When i say "sidekick", i mean that minor villains that allways appear to fight against you, many times during the game.
Of these guys, who are your favorites and WHY?

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Well i would have to say the Turks they´re attitude and way of acting is what makes them so popular i think.

I wouldn´t consider Seymour a sidekick/minor villain in fact i would say that he is the most important boss in FFX.

Levian
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Ultros is hot

Jowy
10-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Gilgamesh! (and Enkidou)

The Crystal
10-16-2006, 05:42 PM
I wouldn´t consider Seymour a sidekick/minor villain in fact i would say that he is the most important boss in FFX.

I confess that i never played FFX, but what i understanded about the story, is that the main villain is Yu Yevon. Some people think that is Jetch(because he controlls Sin), but what i know, is that Seymour is not the main villain. He is just the more popular between the players.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
10-16-2006, 05:53 PM

I confess that i never played FFX, but what i understanded about the story, is that the main villain is Yu Yevon. Some people think that is Jetch(because he controlls Sin), but what i know, is that Seymour is not the main villain. He is just the more popular between the players.

Well yeah he might not be the final boss and all that but it´s him who is always messing up with your plans. So i guess he deserves as much importance as Yu Yevon.

~SapphireStar~
10-16-2006, 06:20 PM
The Turks because they make me laugh.

bipper
10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
The Turks because they make me laugh.

Definately. Also, I love how you put Seymore as a 'side antagonist'. I would think it is debatable though; but yeah :cool:

LunarWeaver
10-16-2006, 06:46 PM
No Zorn and Thorn ;_;

Beatrix is good too.

RiseToFall
10-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Turks

Crossblades
10-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Ultros is just funny

*votes*

Elpizo
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Gilgamesh. He has a kick-ass battle theme, could change forms, is not really evil and blows himself to bits with Necrophobia in the end, then becomes a GF is some other FF. So yeah, Gilgamesh gets my vote.

BustaMo
10-17-2006, 05:28 PM
I would have to say my favorite reoccuring bosses would be Seymour (FFX) and Gilgamesh (FFV). They both fit into the story so well, proved unique in almost all of your battles with them, and both had attitudes and personalities that made them stand-out big time in the games.

Twilight Edge
10-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Beatrix is good, but....... it's gonna be the Turks, 'cause they are the coolest of them all.*snaps fingers along with thier theme song*

Dell
10-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah, Lunar.....no Zorn and Thorn.... :( :cry: :kaocry2:

The Judges in FFXII and FFIV Magus Sisters......wait, they're not sidekick.

ZORN AND THORN!!!!
And Beatrix.

Ender
10-18-2006, 04:38 PM
What about Golbez from FFIV?

Even if he's only being controlled by the main villain and not truly evil himself, he's still THE villain for 2/3 of the game, and you confront him several times even if you only fight him outright once.

boys from the dwarf
10-18-2006, 08:55 PM
seymour can seem like someone who just appears randomly like ultros does but hes a lot more important. he doesn't fullfill the role of side villain as well at the others because hes sort of a sub-main villain.

gilgamesh is just plain cool and funny and loveable. hes not evil. just sort of caught up in things and a slave to X-death. one of the best.

ultros is amazing and hilarious and i'll probably vote for him. he just appears randomly to thwart your plans. a truly pointless enemy with very few motives and a big mouth. booya!

the turks. dont make me choose between the turks and ultros. ultros and reno are both funny characters and i dont know which i like the best.

raijin and fujin are pretty plain and i like them but there not as good as the turks and ultros.

beatrix. nah.

i'd say ultros fills the role of side-villain really well so my vote goes to ultros.

gilgamesh, ultros and the turks are great and the games wouldn't have been as good without them.

Prancing Mad
10-19-2006, 02:51 AM
I guess you all knew I'd say gilgamesh eh? Zorn and Thorn made me wanna destroy things. I'm not a violent person, and the battles don't usually get me worked up but, I gotta admit I was ELATED to destroy Zorn and Thorn

BTW I kinda liked raijin and fujin, they had some different angles to them, and well, they were all right in my books. I liked 'em too. Actually a lot of their side-villains are great

Christmas
10-19-2006, 03:46 AM
http://www.fitforfinalfantasy.de/lexikon/s_shinra.jpg

Nasarian Altimeros
10-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Yu Yevon/Sin/Jetch are not villains; they are antagonists. Therefore Seymour is the main villain in FFX.

Breine
10-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I like Beatrix a lot. Just the thought of a female general that is so legendary and powerful is quite cool. She was a total bad-ass when she was evil :cool:

Psychotic
10-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Definitely Ultros. He's so good he's even got his own sidekick.

Sefie1999AD
10-20-2006, 03:30 PM
When I first saw this thread, I immediately thought about Gilgamesh. However, now that I've seen the poll options, I'll go with the Turks instead. They were cool, and they had some really hilarious scenes, both in FFVII and FFVII AC.

boys from the dwarf
10-20-2006, 03:55 PM
no suprise really that the turks are winning.

Evastio
10-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Gilgamesh because he eventually sacrifices himself to kill the bad guys.

Tempest
10-21-2006, 09:23 PM
The Turks! :jess:

ShivaBlizzard8
10-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Gilgamesh, hands down. Come on, the guy hung out with a giant tree, and couldn't even get the correct sword. Best sidekick doofus ever.

BardTard
10-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Fujin and Raijin, because they are from FF8 which is my favoritest game, and they have similar names. And they talk funny.
Fujin: CAPS.
Raijin: Blah blah, ya know?!
Plus, ya gotta love their little head nod thing that they do. And they do it like all the time. It's like they can read eachother's minds, they just know to nod at eachother. That's so cool.

Ashley Schovitz
10-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I like Beatrix a lot. Just the thought of a female general that is so legendary and powerful is quite cool. She was a total bad-ass when she was evil :cool:
Main word in that sentence was, she was only partly against you in that game, so I choose Zorn and Thorn for sidekicks.

Frozen Phantom
10-23-2006, 12:25 AM
]Originally Bespoken by The Crystal

Originally Bespoken by Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer

Jetch didn't control sin, Jetch was sin.

The Crystal
10-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Ashley Schovitz': I consider Beatrix more of a sidekick then Zorn and Thorn, because you fight against her three times, but Zorn and Thorn only one(in Alexandria Castle). And like i said: When i say "sidekick", i mean that minor villains that allways appear to fight against you, many times during the game.
This is why i didn't put them in the poll.

Frozen Phantom: Just a question: If Jetch was Sin, why he wasn't completelly deffeated after Tidus and the others deffeated Sin(the big whale thing)? I mean, if Jetch was Sin, then why Tidus and the others has to enter Jetch's body(Sin) to fight against Jetch(after Seymour was deffeated), inside of his own body?
I'm not doubting your word, i just want to know.

Firo Volondé
10-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Sin and Jecht were just Yu Yevon's armor. For Sin to be truly defeated, the core (Yu Yevon) had to be destroyed, Sin and Jecht had to be defeated to get to him.

BTW, Seymour, because he's in love with a main character (Yuna)

blackmage_nuke
10-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Ultros, because he follows you around for no apparent reason and even though he is a sea creature he can last on land for extended periods of time

The Crystal
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Sin and Jecht were just Yu Yevon's armor. For Sin to be truly defeated, the core (Yu Yevon) had to be destroyed, Sin and Jecht had to be defeated to get to him.

I know, and this is what i'm saying. Sin AND Jecht has to be defeated. That means that(what i understanded) Jecht and Sin are not the same, because Jecht was inside of Sin, controlling it. What i want to know is, if Jecht is Sin, how he can be inside of his own body?

And about my vote, i voted in the Turks, because they are funny and badass in the same time.

Firo Volondé
10-24-2006, 11:59 AM

I know, and this is what i'm saying. Sin AND Jecht has to be defeated. That means that(what i understanded) Jecht and Sin are not the same, because Jecht was inside of Sin, controlling it. What i want to know is, if Jecht is Sin, how he can be inside of his own body?

And about my vote, i voted in the Turks, because they are funny and badass in the same time.

Sorry, I phrased that badly. Sin (the whale part) is the armor of pyreflies Yu Yevon created to protect himself. Jecht is part of the core, Yu Yevon's 'bodyguard'. Yu Yevon won't show himself until you defeat Jecht.