PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion on FFXII ?

Dreddz
10-16-2006, 08:50 PM
This is for people who have played the game in one way or another. Not the demo by the way.

Im so far enjoying the game a whole lot, much more than FFX. I'd say Square really upped their standards now. The game looks amazing, the battle system is a fresh turn for the series. After a while playing with it, I'd say its much better than the turn based crap we all used to use. The game does still feel slightly linear, not as bad as FFX, but meh, not to my tastes.

For the 95% who'll probably be playing this game in 15 days, its worth the wait. Im almost certain that this is the best RPG for the PS2, even though Ive spent such a short time with it.

atlanteay
10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
no wonder famitsu gave it a 40/40. well, i'll be the people waiting for 15 more days:eep: glad to know that i won't be wasting my money on this since i had a feeling like that for ffx (great disappointment)

James16
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Ive seen the teaser trailers and pics of the chars and the espers. I think it looks like one of the best ffs. I reserved a copy and now i got to wait, and that is NOOOO fun.

BustaMo
10-17-2006, 05:11 PM
no wonder famitsu gave it a 40/40. well, i'll be the people waiting for 15 more days:eep: glad to know that i won't be wasting my money on this since i had a feeling like that for ffx (great disappointment)
Sucks to be you.

As the date draws near...the excitement level rises. It's been almost 5 years if not 5 years that the last REAL FF was released with FFX coming in 2001. It's about time...! I think this will live up to its hype. Just wait and see.

James16
10-18-2006, 04:45 PM
I got a question for those who played ffxii. Is the game play, like when youre walkin areound n stuff is it like ffx? Do you have that free-range to walk around an talk to people?

Dell
10-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Sucks to be you.

As the date draws near...the excitement level rises. It's been almost 5 years if not 5 years that the last REAL FF was released with FFX coming in 2001. It's about time...! I think this will live up to its hype. Just wait and see.

What about FFXI?

Yeah, Dreddz is the best member after bftd.

James16, same as FFX with different battle system and some people can't talk (They can but you cannot talk to them).

My OPINION!!!! SPOILERS!!!
Storyline - PERFECT! BETTER THAN FFVI AND TACTIC. Long. Judge Gabranth is the best and Larsa and Ashe and Penelo and Fran and Vaan.
KILL BASCH, REDDAS AND VOSSLER. My favourite part was Mt. Bur Omisace under attack.

System
-Ability System: LICENSE BOARD > WINNER. I like new magic but minus a lot of point for removing Ultima (Even if she's a summon!!!). LP given is too low and I hate levelling, luckily all of the monster in Estersand is weak and I took advantage of that. Gambit sucked btw.
Battle System: MASTERPIECE!!!! Even have an ATB. But I hate waiting. And I hate Poach's time. Swiftness in License Board kickass. I love DISABLE and LIBRA and CHARGE!!!!!!!!

Graphic
50 times better than FFX.

Music
50 times 'unbetter' than FFX but some of them are really addictive (Paramina Rift got the best music and the place where you get Dawn Shard and Sword of Kings).

Replay Value
REPLAY IT AFTER YOU BEAT IT

Sidequest
Nabudis, Zertinan Cavern and Cerobi Steppe. <3
8 Optional Espers (Adrammalech, Queklain, Chaos, Zeromus, ExDeath, Zarera, Ultima, Zodiac) (I try to beat Adrammalech at level 33 but was beaten easily by his skeletons, 1000 damage w00t!)
Mobs Hunt (More than 40!) and Yazmat ftw.
AND MORE

Overall
1000000000000000000000000000/10. :)

James16
10-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Sounds freckin awsome an i can NOT TAKE THIS LONG ASS WAIT!!
even though i only have like i week left but that just makes it that much worse!:(