PDA

View Full Version : Gay and bi EoFF'ers please respond!

Lord Xehanort
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Now that I have your attention, I'd like to ask a simple question of my fellow GLBTQ peeps: when you hear the words 'fag' 'queer' 'pole smoker' etc, do you fly off the handle and explode, slapping and screaming like a madman?

In other words, do you find these terms offensive, like I do?

Jowy
10-17-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm straight, and I get pissed off when people throw those around.

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah they do bother me, a lot.

Lord Xehanort
10-17-2006, 05:02 PM
The poll is up... please vote.

Shaun
10-17-2006, 05:14 PM
I am straight, but any form of prejudice annoys me.

escobert
10-17-2006, 05:16 PM
I've had a gay guy call me a "fag" before :/

Mirage
10-17-2006, 05:39 PM
I have no idea why "bi" should be offensive to a bisexual person, as it is simply a short version of "bisexual", which is in fact what they are.
I've got no problems with "gay", but I don't like "fag".

Fire_Emblem776
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
It depends how you use it too. Like friendly, or just out of hate.

Lord Xehanort
10-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I didn't say 'gay' and 'bi' were offensive.

I said 'fag', 'queer', and 'pole-smoker'.

Basically this thread is about the rudeness of those latter three, and any other sexually degrading insult.

Misfit
10-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm straight, and I don't use those words at all unless I'm around my friends that are gay.

It's really funny, I have these two guy friends that are gay and they say to eachother "You're so gay." or something along those lines. I dunno, I guess you have to be there to hear them argue to think it's funny. I love them anyway. xD <3

escobert
10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I know some girls that do that, they're gay and call each other dykes all the time.

Mirage
10-17-2006, 06:01 PM
I didn't say 'gay' and 'bi' were offensive.

I said 'fag', 'queer', and 'pole-smoker'.

Basically this thread is about the rudeness of those latter three, and any other sexually degrading insult.

Lol. I read the thread title, and then the poll question. I just skimmed your actual post.
Well then, I don't like any of those words you listed, and I don't use them. I just generally ignore their remarks if they include such words.
Now, would a mod be kind enough to change my vote from "I do not get offended" to "I get offended"?

ljkkjlcm9
10-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I rarely hear those words tossed around, but I personally use gay, as does most of society, all the time.

THE JACKEL

mooglebunni608
10-17-2006, 06:04 PM
'fag', 'queer', and 'pole-smoker'. These words make me feel sick to my stomach. I usually don't confront people about anything, so I end up leaving the room if I can.

Rainecloud
10-17-2006, 06:05 PM

Agreed. It's very disrespectful and unnecessary.

Breine
10-17-2006, 06:29 PM

Agreed. It's very disrespectful and unnecessary.

Yup. I always just say homosexual... or most of the time I do.

Iceglow
10-17-2006, 07:21 PM
I don't fit any of the options up there. I do get offended when someone is using it to personally insult me, it's not a pleasant term but then there are times when the words are used joking about with friends and aimed at straight guys and girls which doesn't offend me half as much as it offends them. I don't fly off the handle though I'm too controlled for that I prefer to let the words slide right on by and ignore them.

Alive-Cat
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm gay/bi and I don't find anything wrong with those words. I still use "gay" as a negative term to jokily insult someone sometimes, too. "That is so gay."

fire_of_avalon
10-17-2006, 07:28 PM
I don't know, sometimes I feel like they're just words and sometimes I feel that they're terrible things. It bothers me more that some people who have been on the receiving end of degrading terminology feel it's okay for them to use it, but that's another conversation entirely.

I did recently start calling certain friends fagatronic, and they laugh pretty hard.

Shlup
10-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm only offended by words when the use of them is offensive. Saying sexual, racial, or any other slur as a joke doesn't bother me. Why should it? It's just a joke. I feel being offended by them in that context only gives the words power.

Now if someone actually meant them as an insult I'd... well I wouldn't be terribly pissed, but I'd certainly think the person is a moron.

Fate Fatale
10-17-2006, 09:26 PM
I bring it to others attention saing, "Don't say that, it's offensive to people." because I'm a sad, sad closet case and no one at my school knows I'm bi... (People are weird about that)

BustaMo
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM

Same here.

Venom
10-17-2006, 09:28 PM

Lord Xehanort
10-17-2006, 09:29 PM
I came out at 14. Being closeted is hard, especially when I am a horrible gossip who can't keep a secret.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Im straight and whenever I hear that, it makes me sick. >.<

Germ Hamee
10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow, I've never heard "pole-smoker" before. Fudge-packer, yeah, but no smoking of poles yet.

I'm gay, and those terms really don't bother me. You'll even hear me say them from time to time around my close friends, if something particularly gay has occurred.

My sexuality doesn't define me, and I don't understand why so many people think it should. It's a part of me, yes, but it's not who I am, so why should it offend me? Should I also be offended any time I'm called a white boy, a silly nerd, or a stupid american?

There's weightier matters to get bent out of shape over. As long as people respect my space, we're all good. Dish out the insults all you like - I'll dish them right back and then take you out for lunch.

Polaris
10-17-2006, 09:40 PM
How do you feel about these words?

Homosexual and bisexual are people I treat them as people, but I confessed that when I saw this thread I thought 'Oh no are they gonna ask us again if we are gay or bisexual or straight'? :lol: BUt now that I found out it's not about that and direct to the topic I know that sometimes homosexual or bisexual may feel offended by some names... I'm not gay or bisexual but I think I'd be pretty pissed if someone called me names just for my sex orientation! :mad: I get pissed for less than that! :D

Shlup
10-17-2006, 09:41 PM
I bring it to others attention saing, "Don't say that, it's offensive to people." because I'm a sad, sad closet case and no one at my school knows I'm bi... (People are weird about that)

Everything is offensive to someone somewhere, so it's really a moot point.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-17-2006, 09:47 PM

Same here.

Thirded. I hate discrimination of all forms.

Of course, I guess those terms could be used by gay/bi people themselves to "take it back". Gay people call themselves queers sometimes, but just as a term, even though it could be used in an insulting way by homophobes. Just like black people call themselves niggers, while if I white guy using the term would be insulting.

I Am Stoner
10-17-2006, 09:48 PM

Cruise Control
10-17-2006, 09:54 PM
I said 'fag', 'queer', and 'pole-smoker'.Pole smoker, thats a new one. I obstain from such names.

Moon Rabbits
10-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Now that I have your attention, I'd like to ask a simple question of my fellow GLBTQ peeps: when you hear the words 'fag' 'queer' 'pole smoker' etc, do you educate the fool!??

The answer to the bolded text is a yes. If they fail to be educated then I procede to knock heads together and deal some fist-to-face justice.

No, that is no lie.

Old Manus
10-17-2006, 10:05 PM
No.

Madame Adequate
10-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Nah, not a huge concern for me. Why should I care if someone I don't even know is a close-minded bigot? I can either waste my time caring, or I can move on and ignore it, safe in the knowledge that my opinion of entire groups of the population isn't informed by hateful ignorance.

DK
10-17-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm only offended by words when the use of them is offensive. Saying sexual, racial, or any other slur as a joke doesn't bother me. Why should it? It's just a joke. I feel being offended by them in that context only gives the words power.

Now if someone actually meant them as an insult I'd... well I wouldn't be terribly pissed, but I'd certainly think the person is a moron.

:love:

BardTard
10-17-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm bi, and it doesn't bother me. One of my friends called me queer and it didn't bother me. He thinks I'm really cool though. He'd so do me.

Lionheart=pwnage
10-17-2006, 11:31 PM
People who are gay and bi dont bother me, and I dont see why people make fun of them. Yeah it makes me mad when someone calls me gay, but thats cus Im straight. People should stop calling people things because its only showing the stupidity of the ones saying it.

Rusty
10-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Calling someone a 'fag' is disgusting. I've never heard of 'pole-smoker' though, but it sounds offensive. Though, I've grown up with 'queer' being the least offensive - so it doesn't bother me as much, because people tend to use differently.

But yea, insults such as 'fag' are awful and I hate it when people use them.

Samuraid
10-18-2006, 08:53 AM
I am straight, those terms don't technically offend me, but I still don't use them because they don't really belong in good vocabulary and are often used in a derogatory fashion.

Loony BoB
10-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Don't like those words.

~SapphireStar~
10-18-2006, 11:46 AM
I have been asked if I drink from the furry cup by my ex! I was like "How dare you!?" But yeah any nasty comments towards anyones evil in my book. People who call othres gay must be hiding something ...

When you get called gay again, just say "You werent complaining last night!"

Fatal Impurity
10-18-2006, 12:23 PM
when someone gets called a fag or faggot i just say "why are you calling that dude a meatball?" lol but yeah using a comback like "oh you love me really if you wanted a date all you had to do was ask!" is much more embarrassing and effective against the bullys and bigots than ignoring it or just simply knocking heads together becuase then they know it bothers you and they'll do it all the more!

Giga Guess
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
I get cranky, and may tell the person off...but I never get too irate about it.

Lord Xehanort
10-18-2006, 02:18 PM
I have been asked if I drink from the furry cup by my ex! I was like "How dare you!?" But yeah any nasty comments towards anyones evil in my book. People who call othres gay must be hiding something ...

When you get called gay again, just say "You werent complaining last night!"

I AM gay. Only the insults drive me crazeh.

Brian The Pink Shark
10-18-2006, 04:39 PM
im not gay but if i hear someone using words like that offensively i will tell them to shut the fuck up, or i will make queries as to their own sexual orientation :D :choc:

final fantasy is stinky
10-19-2006, 12:31 AM
WOW I didn't know so many people got offended. Being the little innocent girl I am I didn't even know of these words before this thread. Thanks for polluting my brain guys.:mad:

LunarWeaver
10-19-2006, 12:34 AM

This is pretty much how I feel about it. I have friends that will toss a joke here or there, and it's fine to me coming from them. If somebody uses it for the sole purpose of insulting me, then I'm not really in happyland anymore.

Though I must say "pole-smoker" is one I might funny no matter what.

Erdrick Holmes
10-19-2006, 12:48 AM
This reminds me of the time my heavily christian friend was trying to fix something and he ended up calling it 'gay' over and over. I asked him why he does that and he said how gays are an abomination and all that ignorant crap, then I mentioned how people can be born non-heterosexual and he tried making up a million excuses how it's not true.

Lord Xehanort
10-19-2006, 02:02 AM
What a dee-dee-dee...

Remind me to kick his ass. Hypocritical Christians make me sick...

Yooniece
10-19-2006, 02:43 AM
I usually stare and say "and?" It normally comes from someone who is

1) Terribly uneducated
2) Terribly ugly
3) Terribly fat
4) Terribly racist/sexist/conservative
5) Terribly pissed that they've been rejected.

=)

DarkLadyNyara
10-19-2006, 03:44 AM
What a dee-dee-dee...

Remind me to kick his ass. Hypocritical <S>Christians</S> People make me sick...

Unfortunatly, hypocrisy is not limited to Christians... though they do seem to have more than their share. That said, I'll help. :mad: I hate bigots.

Those words do bother me, especially if used as an insult. But not nearly as much as other things. (such as "aids cures sodomy" and the like :mad: )

Brian The Pink Shark
10-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Best way to get an anti gay christian off your back i s to quote the bible. Next time they say homosexuality is an abomination unto the lord just use one of these:

"the pig, though it has a split hoof, it is unclean for you" Leviticus 11:7 (always fun if said gay basher is eating a ham sadwhich whilst saying that homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of god :D )

"Do not wear clothing woven of two different materials" - Leviticus 19:19 (who can say they've never done that

"Do not cut the hair at the edges of your head or clip off the edges of your beard" - Leviticus 19:27 (looks like all modern men are an abomination unto the lord)

As you can see all these quotes are taken from Leviticus which is the same book that mentions Homosexuality being an abomination.

So if your gonna be a bastard and say that Gay people are wrong in the eyes of god then think about what rules from the bible you are breaking yourself.

These have certainly helped me in the past when dealing with bigots :choc:

Project G
10-19-2006, 10:45 AM
I hate them personally, but if they catch me on a bad day, I do bite peoples heads off! Grrrrrrrrrr

Lord Xehanort
10-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Best way to get an anti gay christian off your back i s to quote the bible. Next time they say homosexuality is an abomination unto the lord just use one of these:

"the pig, though it has a split hoof, it is unclean for you" Leviticus 11:7 (always fun if said gay basher is eating a ham sadwhich whilst saying that homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of god :D )

"Do not wear clothing woven of two different materials" - Leviticus 19:19 (who can say they've never done that

"Do not cut the hair at the edges of your head or clip off the edges of your beard" - Leviticus 19:27 (looks like all modern men are an abomination unto the lord)

As you can see all these quotes are taken from Leviticus which is the same book that mentions Homosexuality being an abomination.

So if your gonna be a bastard and say that Gay people are wrong in the eyes of god then think about what rules from the bible you are breaking yourself.

These have certainly helped me in the past when dealing with bigots :choc:

That would be great, but Christians like to play selective use of Leviticus... and the whole damn book, really. But I WILL use them on the weak-minded, along with some other choice phrases from it... mwahaha

NorthernChaosGod
10-23-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm straight, I use them all lots. They're words, words shouldn't hurt.

Laugh at face of Danger
10-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Now that I have your attention, I'd like to ask a simple question of my fellow GLBTQ peeps: when you hear the words 'fag' 'queer' 'pole smoker' etc, do you fly off the handle and explode, slapping and screaming like a madman?

Hellyea, I have lots of friends that I hate to hear spoken about in this way, it really gets me steamed. I can't stand to watch some of my best friends get trodden on by insults like these from the immature ones among society.

~ for means of clarification, I am straight, i just get angry :(

Reine
10-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Kinda silly trying to limit this to just certain members. Dont we all get a say?

Anyway, the only offensive one of those seems to be "fag", queer is hardly offensive and originally meant "weird" before it was tacked onto homosexuality. Then again, a faggot is a piece of woo used for lighting fires is it not? Pole-smoker is a funny one, and I quite get the meaning, but it still sounds funny to me.

Ive never considered gay to be an insultive term, even when used to describe inanimate objects and actions. Being called a homo is far more offensive from what ive seen.

Lord Xehanort
10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm straight, I use them all lots. They're words, words shouldn't hurt.

I'll keep that in mind. Then, when I see you, I'll call you a fat, ugly, smelly, weak, egocentric, worthless excuse of a human being. Then I'll bring this up.

Also, remind me to make many rude comments about your family and friends, just to add insult to injury.

Laugh at face of Danger
10-23-2006, 11:33 PM
You really said it, they're just as offensive as any other words.

Sylvie
10-23-2006, 11:38 PM
I tend to SOMETIMES use "gay" meaing "stupid", but I never do this on forums or to people I don't know. It's disrespectful.