PDA

View Full Version : Shows you can't believe are still on the air.

Breine
10-18-2006, 11:14 AM
So, let me hear it... what shows do you think should've been cancelled already? - and why?

Meat Puppet
10-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Though there are none I know of at the moment, I was quite disgusted to see <i>Arli$$</i> run for so long.

Markus. D
10-18-2006, 11:32 AM
hmmm hmmm hmmm. hows about.... Tench Tonight.

I hope he burns ;\ and dies.

~SapphireStar~
10-18-2006, 11:36 AM
I was going to say Friends, but luckly thats over!
I guess Neighbours and Home & Away. They are never ending.

Novaris
10-18-2006, 11:49 AM
South Park. No matter how funny and magical it is, it still should of been cut off, it's fun but I'm surprised it's still going.

~SapphireStar~
10-18-2006, 11:56 AM
South Park is a good example. I mean it still makes my head off, but you would think it would have ended awhile back.

Personally I think the Simpsons should stop also. I mean a Simpsons movie as well as everything else. The new episodes are not even that funny or make sense anymore. Theyve gotten lazy.

Bunny
10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Veronica Mars, Lost, Runaway, Battlestar Galactica, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, Anything involving Stand-Up Comedy and Heroes should be the only things on television.

Everything else should just stop and be replaced with those shows.

Monday - Runaway
Tuesday - Veronica Mars
Wednesday - Lost
Thursday - Heroes
Friday - Battlestar Galactica
Saturday and Sunday - Re-Runs of previous named shows.

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report would play after every show to update the world about what is going on and to make everyone laugh. Stand-Up would run from 12pm - 3pm for more laughter.

Seasons would be done within two days and then a new one would start right away.

We are going to need more robot actors.

Venom
10-18-2006, 01:41 PM
MTV.

Jowy
10-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Anything with Bobby Flay. I really want to know how he hasn't been murdered yet.

Mo-Nercy
10-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Rove Live.

I admit that he's gotton slightly funnier since the big slump after the first couple of years but still, I'd rather have another hour of the Simpsons or Futurama.

Mirage
10-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Big Brother, American Idol and all its offspring around the globe.

fire_of_avalon
10-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Anything with Bobby Flay. I really want to know how he hasn't been murdered yet.

QFT

Roto13
10-18-2006, 05:44 PM

QFT

Who?

Strider
10-18-2006, 05:57 PM
The New Adventures of Old Christine. That show is really bad.

Polaris
10-18-2006, 05:58 PM
The OC... I stopped watching coz it never ends, it was funny at the begining but now I can't stand it

Rainecloud
10-18-2006, 06:17 PM
* Who Wants To Be a Millionaire
* Coronation Street
* Robot Wars (any of them)
* Pop Idol/X-Factor (yes, I know they get high ratings)
* Anything on Challenge TV (except Knightmare) :p

Jowy
10-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Here, read <a href=http://www.flakmag.com/tv/flay.html>this</a>, Roto.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-18-2006, 07:25 PM
American Idol and, despite that I love the Simpsons dearly, I think that 20 should be the last season unless they pick it up. I'll give them 2 years of probation.

Avarice-ness
10-18-2006, 07:28 PM
The 'Passions' Soap Opera. THEY ONCE HAD A MUSICAL EPISODE IN INDIA! It's been on since I was 13 so naturally I watch it, but when there's a witch a baby witch, a mermaid trying to foil love, and people turning into cartoons and going into cinderella's castle, the show needs to end. :(

Shauna
10-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Big Brother. No more plz. I know it's stopped, but they keep bringing back MORE.

Also - all those damned crappy soaps - Eastenders, and all other ones. They suck. xD

LunarWeaver
10-18-2006, 08:04 PM
7th Heaven :(

theundeadhero
10-18-2006, 08:16 PM
All of them. You still watch tv? Gross!

tailz
10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
spongebob.

i seriously hate that show.

of course there are many more but this one is by far at the top of my list

Rocket Edge
10-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Will & Grace. I think it's not on the air anymore, but god that show was awful.

Spammerman
10-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Power Rangers.

Shoeberto
10-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Prettymuch all sitcoms on all of the major channels, like ABC, CBS, and NBC. Y'know, the stuff revolving around families, reusing the exact same situations, character archetypes, plotlines, and jokes as we've seen about a million times. The laugh tracks are the worst part.

And The Simpsons. That should've stopped many, many years ago.

Breine
10-18-2006, 09:01 PM
"Days of Our Lives" takes the cake as far as I'm concerned - they should really cancel that show already.

It's unbelievable that "South Park" and "The Simpsons" are still around, but in my opinion they're still going strong... Especially "South Park" - it just never gets old.

EDIT: Everyone should stop bashing "SpongeBob Squarepants" :mad2: That show rocks.

chaos_ghost
10-18-2006, 09:03 PM
It sickens me that we can't get new eps of Fairly Odd Parents, yet there is still Spongebob. :mad2: :mad2:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-18-2006, 09:13 PM
spongebob.

i seriously hate that show.

of course there are many more but this one is by far at the top of my list

:(

Anyways, Any soap opera's or anything with Bobby Flay should be cancelled. Seriously, Bobby Flay annoys me. And The Simpson's arent as funny anymore.

Griff
10-18-2006, 09:28 PM
The View.

*Begins running from hoardes of middle aged women*

Pete for President
10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
My supersweet 16 and Star Trek.

MTV's ringtone top 10 aswell.

K. H. Kid
10-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Aw, you took mine. Others needed to be cancelled:
-Pokemon
-Everything on MTV and VH1
-Zoey 101
-All shows that are on the CW that were orginally on WB except Superman and Supernatural

Raistlin
10-19-2006, 01:01 AM
South Park? You guys are crazy. Every year there's plenty of stuff to be made fun of - that's why shows like The Daily Show and Colbert Report never get old.

However, I agree that The Simpsons is well past its prime.

Madame Adequate
10-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Veronica Mars, Lost, Runaway, Battlestar Galactica, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, Anything involving Stand-Up Comedy and Heroes should be the only things on television.

Monday - Runaway
Tuesday - Veronica Mars
Wednesday - Lost
Thursday - Heroes

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report would play after every show to update the world about what is going on and to make everyone laugh. Stand-Up would run from 12pm - 3pm for more laughter.

Seasons would be done within two days and then a new one would start right away.

I read that list, and was about to go on what could only be described as a jihad. BSG and Lost to be taken off the air? :nonono:

Then I continued reading.

You sir, you have good taste. But you did miss House.

Rusty
10-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Lets see:

Lost
South Park
The Simpsons

I'll think of more later.

Bunny
10-19-2006, 02:30 PM

Monday - Runaway
Tuesday - Veronica Mars
Wednesday - Lost
Thursday - Heroes

I read that list, and was about to go on what could only be described as a jihad. BSG and Lost to be taken off the air? :nonono:

I tried watching House. I really did. And it was good. It just wasn't attention grabbing good. I never really got into it. Perhaps I will buy it when it comes out on DVD? Or if it is already out on DVD, in the next coming month. Then perhaps I will understand the tour de force that is Dr. Gregory House.

Oh, and thanks. :P

Captain Maxx Power
10-19-2006, 02:55 PM
The Simpsons and Big Brother. The Simpsons especially. It's metaphorically equivalent to that uncle you have that you always found really funny as a kid, and then being in your mid-20's and him still pulling funny faces and making squarking sounds. You're not funny anymore, just stop it.

* Anything on Challenge TV (except Knightmare) :p

Win! :love:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-19-2006, 03:26 PM
most shows on nickolodean

Odaisé Gaelach
10-19-2006, 03:30 PM
The View.

*Begins running from hoardes of middle aged women*

*beats him with handbag, even though he has no clue as to what The View really is*

The Simpsons. It was funny in the beginning, but it's really gone downhill since then. Well, not really downhill, it's more like a lemming plummeting over a cliff.

starseeker
10-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah, the Simpsons needs to be laid to rest.

Avarice-ness
10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
"Days of Our Lives" takes the cake as far as I'm concerned - they should really cancel that show already.

It's unbelievable that "South Park" and "The Simpsons" are still around, but in my opinion they're still going strong... Especially "South Park" - it just never gets old.

EDIT: Everyone should stop bashing "SpongeBob Squarepants" :mad2: That show rocks.

Hey, I'll defend Days of Our Lives, that shows been on for like 30/40 years, if it wasn't gone a couple of years ago, it's never going away. xD

Monday - Runaway
Tuesday - Veronica Mars
Wednesday - Lost
Thursday - Heroes

I tried watching House. I really did. And it was good. It just wasn't attention grabbing good. I never really got into it. Perhaps I will buy it when it comes out on DVD? Or if it is already out on DVD, in the next coming month. Then perhaps I will understand the tour de force that is Dr. Gregory House.

Oh, and thanks. :P

Yeah the first two seasons are out, the third season is back on Tv Oct. 31st and It'll be like.... the.... 5th? Episode this season. WATCH HOUSE! WATCH HOUSE!

Doomie
10-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Gilmore Girls. Does anyone actually watch that show?

fantasyjunkie
10-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Prettymuch all sitcoms on all of the major channels, like ABC, CBS, and NBC. Y'know, the stuff revolving around families, reusing the exact same situations, character archetypes, plotlines, and jokes as we've seen about a million times. The laugh tracks are the worst part.

And The Simpsons. That should've stopped many, many years ago.

So true, so true!

Sunny Day Suicide
10-20-2006, 12:43 AM
SNL hasn't been very funny lately. Ever since stupid debby downer.

Reine
10-22-2006, 08:55 AM
I can think of many.

As for Spongebob, its all just reruns, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Id rather not see the same episode every few weeks. Sure its funny, but when you see the same old episodes so many times, it gets annoying and loses its awesomeness.

I also agree with The Simpsons.

Big Brother, Survivor, *country* Idol, and all those crap shows have to go, ugh, I hate them all.

I barely ever watch TV anymore because 99% of it is just pure crap. Might as well just get the good shows on DVD and watch them whenever I want

Vaincast
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM
American Idol- they go over the same things over and over again. Can't they just get new judges?

Pokemon- Ash and Pikachu

Desperate Housewives- ...nasty

Arthur-- heh, its for education at least

7th Heavan- I really hate this show, all they do its talk about relationships

Smallville- I hate drama and Lana is just plain stupid

Materia Hunter Yuffie
10-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Zoey 101 - die
The Simpsons - as much as i love the show the new seasons are just stupid
Power Rangers - the first season was good. going beyond, bleh.
a lot of shows on the disney channel such as hannah montana, phil of the future etc. put on something good disney. (for example make a kingdom hearts anime.... or anything!)

Tainted Angel
10-24-2006, 01:33 AM
The 'Passions' Soap Opera. THEY ONCE HAD A MUSICAL EPISODE IN INDIA! It's been on since I was 13 so naturally I watch it, but when there's a witch a baby witch, a mermaid trying to foil love, and people turning into cartoons and going into cinderella's castle, the show needs to end. :(

Oh f**** that sounds funny!

With the world (except for that spawn of Stefano not talking to her.... I think the 'main cast' has had enough of that character. I hope the actress get's a place on Passions. (Can we say witch?)

Aw, you took mine. Others needed to be cancelled:
-Pokemon
-Everything on MTV and VH1
-Zoey 101
-All shows that are on the CW that were orginally on WB except Superman and Supernatural

Batman and JL too. Batman Beyond wouldn't be unwelcome too. Otherwise.. yea.

<b>Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.</b>

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Drawn Together. It is so bad.

Tainted Angel
10-24-2006, 01:59 AM

If I send a E-Dust to kill an admin do I get banned?

(Read: Your a ****** and have no taste.)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2006, 02:31 AM
You're more likely to get banned for making comments like that one. By all means, keep it up.

Spammerman
10-24-2006, 03:04 AM

Monday - Runaway
Tuesday - Veronica Mars
Wednesday - Lost
Thursday - Heroes

But you did miss House.

Shoeberto
10-24-2006, 03:24 AM
I was pretty shocked to see it get a second season. It didn't get a third, did it?

But yeah. Embarassingly bad.

Skarr
10-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Drawn together is utter garbage...someone is sleeping with someone(and that's all I got to say).

Pokemon is just plain old poo. Let it die people. Before I have kids. Please.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2006, 03:32 AM
It most certainly did get a third season. My chagrin is intense.

MJN SEIFER
10-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Permantant recordations to say "Pokemon is amazing!"

And all though some have got board of it MTV is a STATION not a show.

Drift
10-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Lost :D

Sylvie
10-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Pokemon - Nobody likes it. Stop making sequels every 2 months.

Spongebob - Oh, that episode? I've seen it 20 times.

Ben 10 - GET. REAL. ANIME.

MIGUZI - Put Toonami back on, please. I miss it. :(

Teen Titans - I've seen that water and merman episode about 30 times.

Who Wants to be a Millionare? - Who wants to be a half-1 millioniare?

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Spongebob: never liked it, never will

All reality TV shows. They are now basically copy and paste of older ones, it is annoying.

Rostum
10-25-2006, 12:04 AM
hmmm hmmm hmmm. hows about.... Tench Tonight.

I hope he burns ;\ and dies.

I defenately agree! It's the worst show I've ever wasted my time with. ;o

Dreddz
10-25-2006, 12:13 AM
King of the Hill.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Unfortunately, since the viewer ratings were so high for the so-called series finale, Seventh Heaven is returning for another season. Just when I thought I was free of sappy Christian values!