PDA

View Full Version : What Do U think Is The Best Job?

Diyo
10-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Just Wanna Know What ppl Think is the BEST and the WORST JOB In FF Xl nd ur reasons why..:D..

p.s. if i see any DRK hate..u die lol j/k

Darius
10-18-2006, 12:53 PM
When I first started playing, the only job I didnt like was Bard. After having partied with several, in the higher levels, I actually LOVE Bards. Ill never be one but I love one in my party.

Basically, I dont dislike any specific job. If its played right then there should be no dislike with the job(s) at all.

As for a best job? Probably goes along with the whole dislike thing too. Once you get to higher levels you almost cant solo unless your a BST. So does that mean BST is the best job since they can solo most of the game on their own? I personally say no but it does add some sugar to the mix of things. As for all other jobs, one job cant survive without another counter job to balance everything out. PLD takes damage because a PLD can take huge amounts of damage. Cant deliver it but can take it. DRK deals damage but cant take damage. Same with most other DD jobs. BLM, one of the best DD jobs in the game, get hit a few times and their dead. Its all a balancing issue. So I guess after wasting your time by typing this out and actually not getting anywhere, id have to say its all in preference.

Markus. D
10-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Monk.

its an amazing job, easy to master, the greatest skill animations (clearly), they wear Greaves*, Claws etc....,

edit: the only thing I dislike about them is some of the "focused" weapon skills are useless... so are some of the Job Abilities. :[

but at least they look pretty :D

Yeargdribble
10-18-2006, 05:14 PM
That question is highly subjective. I think the best you can get are people's opinions on jobs they enjoy rather than discovering a best/worst job.

I will say that the most poorly conceived job is probably PUP. SE created this job with a seeming lack of foresight which almost immediately doomed it. It is now the object of the most ridicule in the community rivaling that of DRG and DRK.

As for best... I will say that my favorite is BRD. I don't feel that any other job offers all that BRD can offer. BRD can make a pretty serious tank in many situations. They also can pull for merit PTs in a way that is unrivalled. I find it exciting because unlike low level XP it is extremely fast paced and the mobs are only alive for 15-25 seconds so you have to take care of so many things very quickly. BRD can also make for a passable back-up healer. About the only thing BRD seriously lacks is the ability to do much damage.

I would never feel as safe on another job as I feel on BRD. I have the ability to sleep mobs around me uninteruptably and without risk of magic aggro or worry for MP. I feel truly in control as a BRD.

No.78
10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
There is no best or worst.

Misfit
10-18-2006, 07:36 PM
WAR, 'cause that's what I am.

I was a DRK, but then I saw the light...

Rostum
10-19-2006, 02:12 AM
I like all the jobs, some a little more boring than others, but Paladin is pretty high in my books (because it's my main I guess).

Del Murder
10-19-2006, 02:14 AM
I think PUP is the worst. I haven't played with many who have done much damage.

PLD is obviously the best job. :D Actually WHM/BLM is a great job to have because it allows you to travel the world with ease, and they save lives!

Lionx
10-19-2006, 05:28 PM
always will be white mage..although TP burns make me bored of my job..>_>; i dunno why i lvl PLD then though..Dx

Fuego
10-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Well ... ummm, i love my rdm !

I don't like the fact we don't get any good 'ga spells ... (diaga comeon!)

Also healin' (mp) sux! for that reason i think bard is greatest enhancing job because it doesn't require mp.

worst is DRK Ewwww DIYO :lol: :tongue: J/K !

i would have to say i haven't seen a job thats like oh hell it sux ! just ,oh hell that job looks really boring ! :mwahaha: