PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Rush (DS)

Rainecloud
10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm thinking of buying Sonic Rush for my DS. I'm a big fan of the original Megadrive/Genesis Sonic games, as you all probably know, but I'm a little apprehensive of buying this one. I didn't like the Sonic Advance series at all, so would you recommend that I buy Sonic Rush?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Markus. D
10-18-2006, 03:12 PM
apparently its only con is that the screen cuts off in the middle.

Rainecloud
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
apparently its only con is that the screen cuts off in the middle.

Well, I should imagine it will, considering it's a DS game. :p

Jowy
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
It's pretty fast-paced like the older Sonic games, but still has that whole Sonic Advance feel to it. I'd recommend trying it out for a few minutes before picking it up, or renting it.

Or just skipping Sonic Rush altogether and buying Trace Memory/Another Code. ;)

Roto13
10-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I really like it. It's incredibly fast paced and I like the integration of the boost system. It kind of reminds me of Sonic Advance 2, though. I liked that game, but apparently you don't so I dunno. :p

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the music is awesome.

LoKuS
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Its worth it.

Xander
10-18-2006, 10:24 PM
It's really fun I think you should definately try it :) Though I still prefer 2 and 3 but, I like normalnormal sonic games! The speed is great though... but yeah. Me no like change.

DK
10-18-2006, 10:40 PM
EDIT: Oh, yeah, the music is awesome.

QFMFT, the music on this game kicks ass.

It's a fun game, definitely worth picking up. I like the throwback to the Sonic 2 bonus stages, too.

Polnareff
10-19-2006, 01:11 AM
This is the best Sonic game in years, IMO. Way better than the Sonic Advance games (IMO, to even compare this game to the Advance games is an insult to its quality), much better sense of speed, better soundtrack, harder difficulty. And the level design is pretty damn good too.

Rainecloud
10-19-2006, 08:45 AM
This is the best Sonic game in years, IMO. Way better than the Sonic Advance games (IMO, to even compare this game to the Advance games is an insult to its quality), much better sense of speed, better soundtrack, harder difficulty. And the level design is pretty damn good too.

As long as it's better than those awful Sonic Advance games, I'll be happy. On the flip side, I seem to remember Sonic Advance 2 being far too difficult. If Sonic Rush is even more difficult than that, I'll probably end up throwing my DS Lite through the window.

:p

Roto13
10-19-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't think Sonic Rush was more difficult than Sonic Advance 2. What's with all the SA hate, anyway? :P

DK
10-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Sonic Rush has been pretty easy for me so far, apart from a couple of times where I got stuck in one area, but that was nothing major.

Roto13
10-19-2006, 12:32 PM
The bosses in Sonic Rush are certainly easier. o_o

Raebus
10-19-2006, 12:42 PM
The bosses themselves were easy, it was the actual stages that kicked me in the groin. I'm still working on the water level with sonic. :(

Xander
10-19-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm stuck on Sonic Rush but I think it's on the very last stage, if I'm correct. Or maybe one before the end. I tried loads but there's one bit that messes me up. Though if I can even get that far it can't be that hard, hehe.