PDA

View Full Version : FFIII DS: Mognet.

Jowy
10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
So after doing a bit of research, I've noticed that use of Nintendo WiFi and Mognet are required to access the Onion Knight job class and hidden dungeons respectively. While it doesn't seem like a big deal to message seven random people from here, I just find that to be one of the stranger criteria to be able to unlock extra things.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I guess segregating the extra content from the main game is consistent with the development team's philosophy of keeping the remake as faithful to the original version as possible. All the same, however, it does seem needlessly inconvenient, yeah.

Flying Mullet
10-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah, how dare they make you chat with people you've never met before over the internet...

ljkkjlcm9
10-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Guess I'm going over to McDonald's to send 7 messages

THE JACKEL

Roto13
10-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know how Mognet is going to work, exactly? Do people have to be online at the same time to send messages?

undnce
10-18-2006, 09:34 PM
I hope not...

Evastio
10-19-2006, 12:02 AM
This sucks. :(

Zeromus_X
10-19-2006, 02:31 AM
Yes, apparently you have to send a certain amount of letters and you'll recieve letters from Dorga (Onion Swordsman job) and Allus (Iron Giant superboss unlocked).

Crossblades
10-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Doesn't sound all that hard to do. But then again, I could be wrong

Sefie1999AD
10-19-2006, 11:21 PM
It sounds quite annoying, and I'm not really sure how the Internet connection works on a DS. I hope you can at least get the Onion equipment with the help of Mognet because otherwise they're really a pain to get.

Yes, apparently you have to send a certain amount of letters and you'll recieve letters from Dorga (Onion Swordsman job) and Allus (Iron Giant superboss unlocked).

Do you know if you need to receive those letters from Dorga before he dies?

Zeromus_X
10-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I meant Topapa. xD :cat:

Yar
10-20-2006, 02:18 AM
What about in the year 2016, when no one plays anymore and I fell like playing, dammit!

Jowy
10-20-2006, 06:34 AM
It's almost 2007 and there are still people who are playing through the original for the first time.

The legend will never die!

Also, we should assemble some way to just get the dungeon and Onion Swordsman class so that we don't have to search for random people with the game to get them. ;)

ljkkjlcm9
10-20-2006, 12:40 PM
I think this can be the thread that when everyone gets the game, they can post how to send them a letter, idk if it's a friend code or not, but whatever it is, we can all post it here!

THE JACKEL

Sefie1999AD
10-20-2006, 02:46 PM
So do you have to mail seven different people, meaning you can't send all your mails to one person? That might also get a bit annoying, unless the mails are sent to real e-mail addresses, in which case multiple accounts are really neat. :p

Elpizo
10-20-2006, 05:49 PM
You don't need wifi, if you know somebody who has the game as well, you can simply go to him and sent him messages with the wireless function. And you can send them all to the same person. But you can't send them quickly after eachother. You have to wait each hour before sending a new message. But I heard this can be avoided by turning your DS-clock forward an hour.pretty sneaky. ;)

So it's not horrible at all. If you know somebody who has the game, you can unlock all extra mognet stuff in, let's say, half an hour if you can really cheat with your DS clock. Send 7 messages to a friend like:

you "Hi"
he "Hello"
you "Thanks"
he "For?"
you "Being able to let me do mognet"
he "You're welcome"
you "Thanks again"
he "It's no big deal"
you "It isn't?"
he "No"
you "Oh"
he "..."
you "Hey, we have 7 messages!"
he "Yay! Onion Knights!"

Well, I don't know how your mails look.
And, for the Ultimate Class in the game that can deal more than 9999, it would only be fair that you have to work for it.

Sefie1999AD
10-21-2006, 02:15 PM
That's good to hear. Unfortunately, I don't know any FF fans IRL, or even those who have a DS Lite and are going to get the DS version of FFIII. By the way, what is Wifi, what does it require and is it automatically included in a DS Lite?

Jowy
10-21-2006, 06:58 PM
It's included automatically on the DS. If you have a wireless internet connection at home, you're set. If not, you can just pick up the USB adapter for around $40 USD and connect through the signal it comes out.

Nintendo WiFi is similar to X-Box Live. You can play with other people online, except you need to know their friend code.

Zeromus_X
10-21-2006, 11:29 PM
And, for the Ultimate Class in the game that can deal more than 9999, it would only be fair that you have to work for it.

Well, it definitely can't deal more than the damage limit, but yes, it does make sense.

theundeadhero
10-22-2006, 12:54 AM
It would make more sense if the work was game related and not social :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-22-2006, 01:26 AM
That would have conflicted with the working philosophy to which they apparently adhered pretty strictly during the game's development.

Elpizo
10-22-2006, 10:34 AM

Well, it definitely can't deal more than the damage limit, but yes, it does make sense.
No no no. Players of the game have experienced an Onion Knight dealing MORE than 9999, but it can display more than 9999 damage. But it CAN deal more than 9999. That is, if the players are correct. But I would believe so. Iwatched a video of some Onion Knights in Action. Their normal attack did -9999. When they had a critical, they did more than 9999 damage, even though only 9999 was displayed.

It's the Ultimate Class. 9999 damage dealing or more, able to cast all black and white magic, yeah, Ultimate awesomness indeed.

Sefie1999AD
10-22-2006, 01:40 PM
It's included automatically on the DS. If you have a wireless internet connection at home, you're set. If not, you can just pick up the USB adapter for around $40 USD and connect through the signal it comes out.

Nintendo WiFi is similar to X-Box Live. You can play with other people online, except you need to know their friend code.

Ah, that's good. If I get FFIII DS, I can probably use the wireless Internet connection in the university, as long as DS lets me log on to the university's network with a user name and a password (only students are able to use the wireless Internet connection in the university, and they need to log on first).

No no no. Players of the game have experienced an Onion Knight dealing MORE than 9999, but it can display more than 9999 damage. But it CAN deal more than 9999. That is, if the players are correct. But I would believe so. Iwatched a video of some Onion Knights in Action. Their normal attack did -9999. When they had a critical, they did more than 9999 damage, even though only 9999 was displayed.

It's the Ultimate Class. 9999 damage dealing or more, able to cast all black and white magic, yeah, Ultimate awesomness indeed.

So how do you know they did more than 9999 damage if the damage displayed was 9999? It could be that 9999 is the damage cap that you can't break, no matter how good a critical hit you get. Of course, if you know the enemy has 12,000 HP, for example, and you kill it with one hit doing "9999" damage, that's a good way to know you're doing more than 9999 damage.

ljkkjlcm9
10-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Ah, that's good. If I get FFIII DS, I can probably use the wireless Internet connection in the university, as long as DS lets me log on to the university's network with a user name and a password (only students are able to use the wireless Internet connection in the university, and they need to log on first).

won't work sorry. My school works the same way. It can detect a connection but you can't connect. At least not with any past Wi-Fi games so it's not likely for this one. You basically need and unincrypted free wireless service. Like McD's or some coffee shops/restaurants. Such as Fazolis near where I go to school.

THE JACKEL

Elpizo
10-23-2006, 06:42 AM
So how do you know they did more than 9999 damage if the damage displayed was 9999? It could be that 9999 is the damage cap that you can't break, no matter how good a critical hit you get. Of course, if you know the enemy has 12,000 HP, for example, and you kill it with one hit doing "9999" damage, that's a good way to know you're doing more than 9999 damage.
Well, you can't see it, but people figured it out after they did some pwning damage. Could be a glitch, could be like that on purpose. It's just this: Onion Knights rule. ;)

Sefie1999AD
10-23-2006, 11:39 PM
won't work sorry. My school works the same way. It can detect a connection but you can't connect. At least not with any past Wi-Fi games so it's not likely for this one. You basically need and unincrypted free wireless service. Like McD's or some coffee shops/restaurants. Such as Fazolis near where I go to school.

THE JACKAL

I was afraid of that, too bad. I don't feel like going to McDonald's every time I want to send messages (if they even have a wireless net connection here), but if nothing else works, I guess I'll just get the USB adapter.

Zeromus_X
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
That would just be silly. I'll have to look into that, I suppose.

Znake
10-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Does anyone have any info on the Iron Giant super boss. Like how much HP he has, and what type of difficulty it is.

LoKuS
10-26-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm glad i got wireless in my house. :)